• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

I'm pleased that he's gone...

Before anyone gets crazy on me. I am pleased for his sake. Dawson wasn't going to get in our first team this season. I'm happy that he's gone somewhere where he will be fully appreciated and where he will play regularly. I might not have been his biggest fan but he served us well over the years. He was committed to our cause and contributed to our relative success over the years that he was with us. He and King were an excellent partnership together and it's sad that now both have left.

I'm looking forward to when Dawson returns to WHL with Hull. I have no doubt that it will be a tough game for us. He'll work well defensively with Curtis Davies and, as has been said, the opposition will seldomly win any aerial challenges.

Good luck to Dawson in his future career and thank you to him for serving Tottenham well. I know this almost sounds like an insult but, it's not meant to be, his commitment to the cause made up for any weaknesses in his game.

Good luck and may he come back in future to the club, in some capacity. I think that he would be a good ambassador for the club in future, if he wishes to be so.

good luck dawson. ill always remember your one outstanding season in 05/06 alongside king. UNREAL that year

Good luck Dawson, top bloke, always gave everything.......not proud of some of the things I have said over the last year regarding Daws, I hope you do amazingly well at Hull and thanks for 9 and a half years of dedicated service!

The mods on here really are something else.

1) First they stick this 'Paulinho' moniker under my username for months and months

when they see it has absolutely no reaction they..

auto correct i n v i s i b i l i n h o as paulinho

Can you stop poking me (whichever mod is doing it..and i'm pretty sure i know who).

:lol:

Bv_MZCOCUAEUGpg.jpg

Awesome photo.

No surprise to see such tweets from the players, what a great servant Daws has been, he knew he wasn't the best, it just meant he worked harder. How many players stay at teams for 9 years these days, regardless if anybody came in for him or not and he's not even a London lad, superb loyalty and well worthy of "spurs and you know you are" when we play Hull.

A couple of images I took during Spurs visit to Toronto. Mr. Positive, as always.

Thanks, Michael. Hopefully, we'll see you back with Spurs sometime down the road.

Dawson1.jpgDawson2.jpg

Last edited:
I know its the right thing to do....but it still makes me sad. Daws needed to move on, he will be great for Hull. A good move with Hudd and Jake there and i'm sure Steve Bruce will see a little of himself in Daws.

When it came to last ditch, all hands to the pump defending Daws was easily our best defender. But we don't do much of that these days. High lines and fast counter attack football would be a horrible mess for Daws and i would hate it if it all turned sour.

Old school footballer, who just loves football, gives everything, loyal to the end and gives no sh*t to no one.

I know its the right thing to do....but it still makes me sad. Daws needed to move on, he will be great for Hull. A good move with Hudd and Jake there and i'm sure Steve Bruce will see a little of himself in Daws.

When it came to last ditch, all hands to the pump defending Daws was easily our best defender. But we don't do much of that these days. High lines and fast counter attack football would be a horrible mess for Daws and i would hate it if it all turned sour.

Old school footballer, who just loves football, gives everything, loyal to the end and gives no sh*t to no one.

lots of post in this thread which sum up my view well - this one does too!!

Good luck to Daws. He will be a rock of the Hull defense for a good while I think.

£3 mil (if true) is a bit on the low side though, surprised Levy didn't extract more out of them

Whatever your opinion on him as a footballer, no-one could ever level the accusation that he didn't love this club, wasn't passionate for the shirt, he truly was an old school british blood and guts footballer - played the game for the love of it, with a smile, none of this flash'harry'ing around night clubs etc

The game has sadly moved on and is full of show ponies and athletes who can run all day, which was never Daws' game to be fair to him, but he always tried his best - he changed AVB's mind by fighting for his place when the easiest thing to do would have been to leave.

Decent bloke, decent footballer, spurs legend. Take a bow Michael Dawson, you deserve it.

I don't think he suits Hull's current 352. He's not mobile enough. Ultimately he's a good penalty box defender. He'll struggle until they move back to four at the back.

Back