• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Next time he makes a challenge like that it'll be a penalty?? WALOB. Absolute typical of some of the idiots on here. Quality centre half who is under rated by other fans and, more importantly, his own. Possibly unlike the macarons who think he has 1 good game in 3 I've seen every game he's played and it's just not true.

Highly.

Read the Pool OMT, and my posts in this thread if you want to see my view of those slating him.
I rate dawson highly too. As I said before parker and him are both similar players in their style of play. Both aren't very good passers, yet parker knows this and attempts fewer long balls whilst dawson does this a lot more. Both dive in a lot and both are good at intercepting long/through balls. They also both find it difficult to contribute in a positive manner to our attacking/ positive play; yet Dawson plays at centreback where this is less crucial. Parker plays in central midfield where the need to shift the ball quickly, positively affects our ability to win games and dominate teams. Given that we our attack is very static we need players with some vision in central midfield to shift it to players like modric/VDV quickly before we get closed down. Unfortunately parker is not that man. He is useful in a midfield 3 when playing united/chelsea/city when we need to defend. But he is not a positive choice when we need to break down teams.

He does have a mistake in him, Portsmouth FA cup semi and Leeds FA cup match come to mind (pompey is a bit harsh tbf)

Good enough to be a Spurs player but we do have better on our books currently

Was he told to hoof today? He hasn't been hoofing that much this season.

I think he hoofed more against Stevenage than he has done over the whole season. It was horrendous to watch.

Dawson doesnt hoof, he aims a long pass

if he had a shaggy perm, didnt tuck his shirt in, wore super short tight shorts, we would all be hailing the second coming of Ghod

Dawson doesnt hoof, he aims a long pass

if he had a shaggy perm, didnt tuck his shirt in, wore super short tight shorts, we would all be hailing the second coming of Ghod

Sure, if these 'long passes' actually made it to their intended recipients.

Hoofs are not the way to go when you have Defoe and Saha up front. But then when you're playing on a ploughed field it's safety first.

The problem was we were facing Division 3 standard centre halfs.
The only thing these oafs can do is head the ball.
So they pressured us high up the pitch Dawson and Kaboul were left with nothing on but to hit it long.
It might work when we're in Europe against a team not used to it, but its not gonna create anything against a rugby team like Stevenage.

Meh. We shouldn't blame the pitch. That sounds more than a bit like Arsenal, afraid to go out of their comfort zone. We have to get used to stuff like this. No, we drew because we had no creativity in midfield, forcing our defenders to look directly for the strikers, which played right into Stevenage's best strength, namely their ability to play (and defend against) the long-ball game. We'd likely do the same thing at WHL if we played two defensive midfielders and three CBs. We need Modric, or at least Kranjcar in CM at the least, not two dms and a converted winger. Hopefully Harry rectifies this at WHL. Because if we play a stronger team than we did, with creative midfielders in from the start, and a tactic we're used to (4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1), then on our pitch, and with our players, we should comfortably progress to the next round. If we don't...well, cue many, many years of 'you lost to fudging Stevenage!' from all and sundry.

Hoof's I counted.

about the same amount of plonkers on the OMT whining that we didn't play like Brazil or Holland on that agricultural showground against the young farmers rugby club

some of you need to grow up and recognise that not every game can go like the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game

its like some of you never watched FA cup football before

The number of posters that felt we were right to launch long balls up to Defoe and Saha, bypassing midfield, which were either mopped up by the centre backs or bounded through off the pitch.

This started in the 5th second of the game when we took the kick off, laid it back to Kaboul and he wanged it straight to the keeper... and continued for 20 minutes until Bale and then Harry told the centre backs to stop doing it and to play fackin football on the deck.

Yes the pitch did cut up, but in the second half we kept the ball down and outplayed Stevenage and looked a lot better and more likely to score. Which we did, except Parker went for a random jog onto their goal line.

Back