• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Dawson is only good when a more experienced defender like King or Gallas is playing alongside him. He is error prone when less experienced defenders like Kaboul or Bassong are playing beside him.

Dawson is only good when a more experienced defender like King or Gallas is playing alongside him. He is error prone when less experienced defenders like Kaboul or Bassong are playing beside him.

We've known that for years. Same goes for Kaboul in many ways.

But, King was playing wasnt he.......and Dawson was still made a spacegoat for a defeat, 8hrs before kick off. Pathetic

Right back atcha.....some people prefer not to jump on the bandwagen of "slag someone off as sh#t because someone else is playing well"

Who got proved wrong by Dawson yesterday regarding the comments pre-match?

:oops:

Next time it will be Kaboul, soon as his form drops a bit....even King was a "past it idiot" the other week

](*,)

Last edited:
Well, my opinion is that King and Kaboul are two good players who can make the odd mistake.

Dawson is a shaky player who can have one good game.

Or 38 good games, and help a team get 4th. Depends how blinkered you are.

"No need to discuss, we shall all see how poor he is tonight"

:oops:

When dawson plays that well it makes you realise how lucky we are to have such top drawer defenders: King, Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas and Nelsen

Bongani-Khumalo-Tottenham.jpg

You no like Bongani Khumalo?

I saw he was on the bench last night!

Should have thrown in the last 5 minutes for the winner - false 4 behind the inside 6

Dawson is another player responsible for a large number of long balls, 7.9 per game, again the reason is similar to Modric. Dawson picks the ball up in the back four and with Spurs’ wealth of pace in Lennon, Bale as well as strikers Defoe and Adebayor, their runs in behind can make a good target for Dawson to aim for from the back. The fact that Adebayor is the most caught offside player in the Premier League is further evidence of this as it suggests that he is constantly looking to run in behind opposition back lines to latch onto balls played by the likes of Luka Modric.

627_1_Hollywood-Ball-at-King-Arthurs.jpg

Did really well tonight. Both our center backs did. I thought Ledley actually edged it. Always in the right place and such a huge calming influence. Anyone who plays alongside him seems to do well. Kaboul has done great this season. Dawson did well today. But if they had played together tonight, without Ledley, would they have been as good when put under pressure?

Nail on head. I reckon anyone of us would look half decent alongside Ledley. The man is a class act, and greatly benefits Dawson and Kaboul everytime they partner him.

Maybe a tad harsh to bring this up again, actually no it isn't fudge it.

He isnt a spacegoat. We just want tottenham to be winning games and finish above Chelsea/Arsenal. You cant have Championship players in the team if you want to do that.

Of course he was there when we finished 4th but so were Crouch and Gomes. Maybe you want them to come back?

No point discussing this anyway as you guys will see how poor he is tonight anyway.

michael-dawson_1573333c.jpg

Classic GG.

I dont mind you bringing this up. I still think that, and a couple of clearances and headers vs Caroll wont change that. Lets see what he can do long term.

In his last 3 games he has had one good game. Hopefully he`ll carry on playing like last night.

I dont mind you bringing this up. I still think that, and a couple of clearances and headers vs Caroll wont change that. Lets see what he can do long term.

In his last 3 games he has had one good game. Hopefully he`ll carry on playing like last night.

Fairplay Charlie, you didnt hide!

But Id say he was bloody excellent against Everton too..

Dawson is brave, puts his head where it hurts, is 100% committed to every ball and is a talker on the field. Yet he still gets a lot of criticism from lots of spurs fans. He may not be the best footballing centreback there is but he is very good at the physical side of the game. I'd like to see how many people who don't rate Dawson fawn themselves at the sight of Scott Parker; given that he is arguably the Dawson in our midfield?

Just any excuse with you isnt it....de ja vu

Lets see how many more threads you can poison with this nonsense.

You are starting to appear like you have either:

a weird fascination/obsessive stalker love for the guy
or
He shagged your missus

in my opinion

Just any excuse with you isnt it....de ja vu

Lets see how many more threads you can poison with this nonsense.

You are starting to appear like you have either:

a weird fascination/obsessive stalker love for the guy
or
He shagged your missus

in my opinion

Either

You are the man himself, his missus, or Jamie Redknapp.

In my opinion.

Anyway enough of the tongue in cheek. Do you rate Dawson?

Highly.

Read the Pool OMT, and my posts in this thread if you want to see my view of those slating him.

Back