• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

But that is his problem.... You have highlighted his weaknesses!!!!

How about Vidic? Not especially quick or mobile but one hell of a player

For me Dawson is a stopper and he is very good at it. He also blocks loads of balls. I rate him but think if Kaboom is fi for Saturday then it's King and Kaboom

What about him? Vidic doesn't stop anyone. He just fouls them over and over and over again. I've often thought that one of Dawson's biggest weaknesses is that he actually cleanly goes for the ball.

He'll be back to his usual self next week, he is always brick against us.

I will never forget a 35 year old, slow and quite frankly passed it, Alan Shearer outpacing him. :ross:

I'd be more concerned about finishing above Sunderland IIWY

Yeah Dawson was immense tonight. Always been a big fan, you need men like that in your squad. Loved his interview afterwards, really chuffed to earn the draw. Miles better than many on here think.

What about him? Vidic doesn't stop anyone. He just fouls them over and over and over again. I've often thought that one of Dawson's biggest weaknesses is that he actually cleanly goes for the ball.

Vidic is widely regarded as the best centre back in the league along with kompany

Dawsons biggest weakness is that lack of extra pace and the occasional hoof

He is a good solid stopper and id rather have him than not. For me he is better than any of the arsenal or liverpoo centre backs and probably Chelsea's too

credit to dawson, he played well and contained carroll most of the time.

his issue was never his pace or physical ability but rather his decision making - hoofing it to the wrong places or at the wrong time, committing himself rashly and leaving the defence open etc.

hope to see the end of it, but with Dawson it seems you'll never know...

having said that Kaboul has come on leaps and bounds and still hasn't quite perfected the art of being "switched on" at the right times either.

maybe we're all too spoilt by having King for so long that our standards are unrealistically high now.

When dawson plays that well it makes you realise how lucky we are to have such top drawer defenders: King, Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas and Nelsen

He is a good player but he is poor next to Kaboul, they don't compliment him at all. Players like Bassong, Gallas, King and even Cahill who we were looking at all suit Dawson and Kaboul, but all of those players have some sort of question mark over them, which is why we still need to sign someone. From what I've seen I think Caulker is also similar to both of them unfortunately.

He was a fudging beast along with King today though.

Dawson had a good game last night and I love him. I'm pretty sure everyone loves him, but it's just a fact now that he's not as good as Kaboul. It's King and Kaboul all the way. Dawson and Gallas battle it out for third choice and tbh, for me, Gallas just shades it. I'm just happy we have such quality in depth. It's great problems to have, especially with the very, very impressive Caulker also to come back and throw his hat into the ring.

I think blood and thunder games suit him right down to the ground. Dawson is more effective when he can throw his body on the line, win the important headers and show fighting spirit throughout. I think he also plays better when our side is backs against the wall. Tonight he played magnificently and deserves praise.

I don't think he would play as well against sides that have quick strikers, and who play on the counter, against our dominating side.

this...but the boy done good..=D>

But that is his problem.... You have highlighted his weaknesses!!!!

How about Vidic? Not especially quick or mobile but one hell of a player

For me Dawson is a stopper and he is very good at it. He also blocks loads of balls. I rate him but think if Kaboom is fi for Saturday then it's King and Kaboom

the end of standard to slow paced Cb's then? despite being positionally aware and forming great defensive partnerships? like i said, its unfair for me personally. not everyone can be built and quick like kaboul (who IMO isnt even as good as people make out even though he is having a monster year next to king / gallas)

you do realise that the only thing kaboul has on dawson is athletic ability....dawson has eveything else over kaboul.

you better pray kaboul never gets a long term injury cause you'd be hard pressed to find a CB as big and as quick as him. quite frankly you cant turn your nose up at slow CBs. they generally are all slow anyway. and if they aren't then they are weak

Last edited:
what a classless post
you one of the people this is aimed at, and you still use it as an opportunity to put in a baseless dig.

Dawson made one long range clearance and the rest of the game was a series of well placed passes out of defence, he won all but one or 2 headers

support like yours is as much use as a bootlace in a flipflop

Just go, so us Spurs fans can enjoy talking to each other

A baseless dig? where did you get that from? i said he was fantastic tonight. He clearly likes it when we have to defend for ours lives.

You want me to go? Just because i think Dawson is a bit shaky? Thats just my opinion.

So thats one good game him in his last three games, lets see what he can do from here. And i hope he`ll be solid.

i dont think anyone doubted he could play like that, can he play like that consistently. that great tackle on caroll would prob be a pen next time he tries it.

Dawson had a good game last night and I love him. I'm pretty sure everyone loves him, but it's just a fact now that he's not as good as Kaboul. It's King and Kaboul all the way. Dawson and Gallas battle it out for third choice and tbh, for me, Gallas just shades it. I'm just happy we have such quality in depth. It's great problems to have, especially with the very, very impressive Caulker also to come back and throw his hat into the ring.

this

i dont think anyone doubted he could play like that, can he play like that consistently. that great tackle on caroll would prob be a pen next time he tries it.

When I first saw the tackle real-time thought it was a pen and could visualise the threads on here afterwards. Wriggly would have had a field-day :lol:

Must say he got that one surgically accurate and thank fcuk the ref called it proper

well they obviously havent watched a lot of him

Right back atcha.....some people prefer not to jump on the bandwagen of "slag someone off as sh#t because someone else is playing well"

Who got proved wrong by Dawson yesterday regarding the comments pre-match?

:oops:

Next time it will be Kaboul, soon as his form drops a bit....even King was a "past it idiot" the other week

](*,)

Back