• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Delighted for him, especially in view of the baseless hatred aimed at him in the build up to this game on this board.

Kudos Southstand!

id love for him to be able to forge a partnership with Kaboul and them to be our CB pairing for the next few seasons, but i think that's a long shot tbh

would love for him to stay here for the foreseeable future though

I think blood and thunder games suit him right down to the ground. Dawson is more effective when he can throw his body on the line, win the important headers and show fighting spirit throughout. I think he also plays better when our side is backs against the wall. Tonight he played magnificently and deserves praise.

I don't think he would play as well against sides that have quick strikers, and who play on the counter, against our dominating side.

Lol calm down mate he had a good game against Pool but he isnt beckenbauer..

Didn't think I'd see you around here!

We're here to voice our opinions and engage in debate about football related topics, but there's no need for you to act up as such a bellend as you did RE Dawson before the game. I think Crawley should review the comments made and deliver a permanent Dawson avatar, seems the best way to move on from here.

I think blood and thunder games suit him right down to the ground. Dawson is more effective when he can throw his body on the line, win the important headers and show fighting spirit throughout. I think he also plays better when our side is backs against the wall. Tonight he played magnificently and deserves praise.

I don't think he would play as well against sides that have quick strikers, and who play on the counter, against our dominating side.

This, he seems to struggle more when there is nothing to do and the opposition get the odd chance/corner.

Better away from home.

Did really well tonight. Both our center backs did. I thought Ledley actually edged it. Always in the right place and such a huge calming influence. Anyone who plays alongside him seems to do well. Kaboul has done great this season. Dawson did well today. But if they had played together tonight, without Ledley, would they have been as good when put under pressure?

and yet he has. season we got 4th? he didnt do too bad for an entire year

how many slow defenders anyway would do amazing against very fast quick strikers that play on the counter?...i cant think of many.

I criticize him a lot he was fantastic tonight.

Maybe he is suited to games where he can kick the ball as far as possible. And playing Andy Carroll.

Not saying he is what i want long term but he was solid tonight. I was probably a bit harsh on him, he isnt the best defender at the end of the day he gives everything.

what a classless post
you one of the people this is aimed at, and you still use it as an opportunity to put in a baseless dig.

Dawson made one long range clearance and the rest of the game was a series of well placed passes out of defence, he won all but one or 2 headers

support like yours is as much use as a bootlace in a flipflop

Just go, so us Spurs fans can enjoy talking to each other

Didn't think I'd see you around here!

We're here to voice our opinions and engage in debate about football related topics, but there's no need for you to act up as such a bellend as you did RE Dawson before the game. I think Crawley should review the comments made and deliver a permanent Dawson avatar, seems the best way to move on from here.

I was a bit harsh, i agree with that for sure. I think we can get more reliable, but the more i'll get proved wrong, the more i'll be happy.

I have nothing against him, i actually like him, top lad, i just want us to win the game and him to defend like he did tonight and not like his two previous performances City/Wolves

Did really well tonight. Both our center backs did. I thought Ledley actually edged it. Always in the right place and such a huge calming influence. Anyone who plays alongside him seems to do well. Kaboul has done great this season. Dawson did well today. But if they had played together tonight, without Ledley, would they have been as good when put under pressure?

That tackle on Carroll in the box, 1st half edges it for me...plus the block late on. King was King, its hard to mark him down! But Dawson went the extra mile, imo.

What about that early challenge, where he nicked the ball off the strikers feet?

I sat at home and immediately said "fudge it, penalty". But he timed it to perfection, and got the ball cleanly.

Had that been Ledders, we'd all have been purring..................like the Anfield cat.

This, he seems to struggle more when there is nothing to do and the opposition get the odd chance/corner.

Better away from home.

dont agree with this. i'm not even sure about the point you're trying to make. how can someone play well if there is nothing to do? its like goal keepers LOL

Great seeing him and King line up at the start. With Kaboul and Gallas to fill in we really do have cover.

Awesome Dawson, really awesome!

That tackle on Carroll in the box, 1st half edges it for me...plus the block late on. King was King, its hard to mark him down! But Dawson went the extra mile, imo.

I think Daws in games like is often more eyecatching than Ledley is. He gets some blocks in, maybe a couple of last ditch tackles that Ledley doesn't make. Ledley is so clever that he rarely has to make those actions. That is what makes him so outstanding. He had one moment out of character when he made that desperate tackle to give away the penalty agaisnt City. Most of the time, however, he is so well positioned, always covers the right areas, makes the right decisions and just makes defending look easy.

Excellent game however I agree with the earlier post that he may well struggle against a. Smaller more dynamic forward like he did at old Trafford earlier in the season

But great tonight

I think Daws in games like is often more eyecatching than Ledley is. He gets some blocks in, maybe a couple of last ditch tackles that Ledley doesn't make. Ledley is so clever that he rarely has to make those actions. That is what makes him so outstanding. He had one moment out of character when he made that desperate tackle to give away the penalty agaisnt City. Most of the time, however, he is so well positioned, always covers the right areas, makes the right decisions and just makes defending look easy.

Comparable in many ways to Rio and Terry, Rio is far better but as Terry is all blood and thunder he gets far more plaudits in this country. Not that I don't love Dawson and his commitment to the cause and his always fantastic attitude, but Ledley is just the classiest defender in the last 20 years north of Italy

Excellent game however I agree with the earlier post that he may well struggle against a. Smaller more dynamic forward like he did at old Trafford earlier in the season

But great tonight

thats unfair. name one slow , less than desired mobililty, type CB that can handle smaller pacy players? are they common?

thats unfair. name one slow , less than desired mobililty, type CB that can handle smaller pacy players? are they common?

But that is his problem.... You have highlighted his weaknesses!!!!

How about Vidic? Not especially quick or mobile but one hell of a player

For me Dawson is a stopper and he is very good at it. He also blocks loads of balls. I rate him but think if Kaboom is fi for Saturday then it's King and Kaboom

Back