• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Modric THFC

Jimmy McCormick
Did anyone else notice the improvement in Dawson's passing since he's come back. Maybe it's because he no longer has a Crouch to seek with long balls but his passing against Everton was top class.

k54AG.jpg

I thought Dawson had an impeccable game, he really didn't do anything wrong. But oh my GHod how awful were Everton? I've seen some poor football in my life both from watching Spurs through 20+ years and by watching some of the teams that have come to the Lane after we turned good a few years ago but that display from Everton was truly horrid. If I were an Everton-fan I'd demand Moyes head on a plate. Ok, I’m exaggerating but really, if you pay to watch football, the very least you’d expect is to be entertained and that ?½show?? they put on was the complete opposite of that.

Take nothing away from Dawson though, he was solid and it was very assuring to see him come back from injury and perform like that.

Btw, what’s the link to that chalkboard site again?

Seemed to play a bit deeper than normal, allowing Kaboul to press up and was never really put under pressure when on the ball. Think he does tend to struggle when hurried with the ball and thats why you saw so many hoofs up to Crouchy back in the day. Our CBs seem to play a bit wider than last year as well and along with the play of Modric, Parker, and occasionally VdV dropping deep, it seems they have multiple outlets to choose from when pressured.

His performance was encouraging however, especially coming off an extended absence. Really looking forward to a few of our bigger tests coming up to see if he'll be able to continue on

i simply love the way he just throws himself at the ball, with no regard for consequences.. he's fearless and has boundless leadership qualities.

IMO he is first or second choice, when fully fit.

He was excellent, you wouldnt have known he was out for so long. One other thing that was positive was his composure when dealing with a lot of Evertons long balls where he just controlled them and played a simple pass or just nodded it to Kaboul whereas before a lot of times he would just head back in to the opposition half. Its more of a realisation of the importance of possesion for me and playing simply and keeping the ball which starts from the back and that play spreads troough the team.

Everton was the perfect match for easing in a Daws/Kaboul partnership, what with their only attack play coming from pumped balls towards the box.

Dawson had a good game for sure, him and Kaboul looked good together, hopefully that continues today. Also, a well done to Jake Livermore too, for me, his best game in a Spurs shirt so far

Dawson was fantastic! Before the game I thought Kaboul would be helping Dawson out; so Dawson could recover fitness & I thought Dawson would make more mistakes. Instead, Dawson was the better centre back and just behind Livermore in terms of solid performances for the night.

Does this stat include his long balls though? I seem to remember a couple of pointless hoofs, but other then that he was very good.

Dawson wasnt under pressure against Everton. Exposed as the brick defender he is against Wolves though.

Dawso was very rusty yesterday, his 1st touch was horrible, he will be fine with games, Kaboul played well next to him

If Dawson was "brick" he would've been exposed in the CL last season. Instead he did very well in each game he played, including keeping a clean sheet at the San Siro and at WHL - something we didn't manage without him earlier in the season. He was also one of the few to come out of the Madrid debacle with credit.

He's a superb defender and his ability on the ball has come on leaps and bounds. His hoof is actually a long pass towards Bale to try and get us in behind. He only does it occasionally and if it gets us in behind a deep back four then I have no problem with it - he got us in at least once yesterday but others didn't make the most of the opportunity.

As for yesterday - he wasn't as good as Wednesday but he will improve with games. It was no surprise that his under-par performances against City and United at the start were due to a troublesome achilles injury.

There is no need to dig out someone who deserves some slack for the service he has given over the last few years.

He was below average yesterday, but 2nd game back I'm prepared to give him some slack, unlike the lady caller on CallKelly on the way home last night.
Loved seeing Kaboul powering forward at times yesterday. The guy is coming on leaps and bounds. No.2 CB for me right now behind the King

Back