• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Messi

Jesus. The fact he cried when leaving Barcelona. Pal, you are nearly a billionaire and get to play football. If you wanted to stay that much just take a €50k a week salary, I think you could live on that.
He is no where near a Billionaire.

Jesus. The fact he cried when leaving Barcelona. Pal, you are nearly a billionaire and get to play football. If you wanted to stay that much just take a €50k a week salary, I think you could live on that.

I said exactly that to a mate. Messi is apparently worth $600m so his desire to stay at Barca was clearly not as great as his desire to earn even more obscene sums of money that he will never need.

Imagine the boost to his legend status if he'd have just said fudge it, I'll play for free!

Greed is a terrible thing.

Last edited:
I think it all was a play. He was going to leave last year, fans started to turn on him(just like Harry) and Barca probably asked him to stay one more year and then they created this story. Why would you get Aguero, Depay, Garcia if you don't have enough money for Messi? Because you know Messi is going.

Last edited:
He could not sign for Barcelona even if he paid them to play.

I think it all was a play. He was going to leave last year, fans started to turn on him(just like Harry) and Barca probably asked him to stay one more year and then they created this story. Why would you get Aguero, Depay, Garcia if you don't have enough money for Messi? Because you know Messi is going.
It's no play. They're so fudged it's beyond belief. They actually have been pretty much bankrupt since 2016, but have managed to paper over the cracks and "get away with it" with some financial acrobatics. But time has caught up with them. I'm thinking of writing a separate thread on it, but I don't know if I have the time, cause it's gonna be long. The list of absolutely insane things that have gone on there, is almost endless.

It's no play. They're so fudged it's beyond belief. They actually have been pretty much bankrupt since 2016, but have managed to paper over the cracks and "get away with it" with some financial acrobatics. But time has caught up with them. I'm thinking of writing a separate thread on it, but I don't know if I have the time, cause it's gonna be long. The list of absolutely insane things that have gone on there, is almost endless.

It's been tslked about in the spanish football thread.

I’m a little disappointed in him going to PSG although I hope it works out for Poch. What’s the point? It’s a second rate league compared to England, Spain or even Germany. It’s so weighted towards PSG that it shouldn’t be a competition (last season was a fluke IMO). They have very little history and are only competitive because they won the lottery. I’d have had so much respect for him if he’d gone somewhere that’d challenge him or gone back to play in Argentina.

Playing for an oil state on cheat mode for a tonne of money in a tin pot league. Meh. Easy option isn’t it?

I’m a little disappointed in him going to PSG although I hope it works out for Poch. What’s the point? It’s a second rate league compared to England, Spain or even Germany. It’s so weighted towards PSG that it shouldn’t be a competition (last season was a fluke IMO). They have very little history and are only competitive because they won the lottery. I’d have had so much respect for him if he’d gone somewhere that’d challenge him or gone back to play in Argentina.

Playing for an oil state on cheat mode for a tonne of money in a tin pot league. Meh. Easy option isn’t it?
Sounds a bit familiar apart from the tin pot league..

Ronaldo done exactly the same and apart from last season Juve only needed to turn up to win the league.

Have you got a link for a decent article?

He's 34. Most players at that age go for ghe easy option. Jan and toby did younger. Their bodies just can't handle the prem anymore.

He's 34. Most players at that age go for ghe easy option. Jan and toby did younger. Their bodies just can't handle the prem anymore.

I can understand it and I don’t want to get all high and mighty because in his position I might do the same. But there has to be more satisfying options from a sporting achievement perspective that his body could handle. He still scored a bundle last season so it’s not like he’s on his last legs.

I still believe he’s the greatest of them all and have the utmost respect for him. Would just loved to have seen him go for something other than an easy pay day and PSG who I’d find repulsive if it wasn’t for Poch.

I can understand it and I don’t want to get all high and mighty because in his position I might do the same. But there has to be more satisfying options from a sporting achievement perspective that his body could handle. He still scored a bundle last season so it’s not like he’s on his last legs.

I still believe he’s the greatest of them all and have the utmost respect for him. Would just loved to have seen him go for something other than an easy pay day and PSG who I’d find repulsive if it wasn’t for Poch.

The prem would be the only place that could afford him. The fastest most physical and high intensity of the big leagues. Really don't think he'd have fancied it.

Back