• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mens fashion...

DHSF

Les Ferdinand
used to have a thread on this but i guess everyone is now out of sync with fashion. I have revived this brick.

Ok I brought a Boateng suit the other day - cost a lot but thought fudge it. I looked good in it.

I have a wedding to go to next saturday and i know there will be a fair few hot chicks.

Anyways my question is anyone wear like a handkerchief? a pocket square not one of those massive fudging flower type hankies... just a normal square type thing.

im thinking of wearing one because i wanna look like a mad man from mad men.

Pocket squares are a must outside of work/meetings.

Might I recommend Tom Ford if sir still has cash burning holes?

Or, try a McQueen skull pattern one. Looks plain from a distance, but close up will draw lots of attention.

Not liking the Tom Ford ones. The Mcqueen one looks good but im going for a plain white one i think. The thing is should it match the shirt or the tie? Apparently its anything but the tie (so it doesnt look cheap and tacky)

But thats my thinking. I wear suits ALL the time for work and I need something to differentiate between that and the suits I wear outside of work. Hence the Boateng suit.

I dont have anymore cash thats it. I may now need to donate blood or a kidney.

Scara what do you think of a pocket square with a tweed jacket (like a grey Harris tweed)?

Cant' really answer that one as I've never liked tweed. Fashion should be entirely style over function for me, and tweed (despite going in and out of trend) seems to be funtion over style.

http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpocketsquares/pocketsquarefolds.htm

This is the best guide on how to fold pocket squares that I've found. I don't wear ties anymore so if I'm at a very smart meeting then I'll go with the three stairs fold. Outside of work I go scruffy, either a puff or the Dunaway usually.

White is for black tie do's DHSF, get some colour in there. My favourite is an orange and white number from Gieves and Hawkes.

If anyone is looking for a suit, I was at Sacoor Brothers in Westfield on Sunday. They've got some lovely suits and a big sale on. All suits under £500 have been reduced to £185 and everything over £500 reduced to £245.

If you want funky lining (or funky full stop, they have some weird brick in their collection) then you need to check out Moods of Norway, they're ace.

http://store.moodsofnorway.com/eu/products/mens-suits-and-jackets-jackets/

http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpocketsquares/pocketsquarefolds.htm

This is the best guide on how to fold pocket squares that I've found. I don't wear ties anymore so if I'm at a very smart meeting then I'll go with the three stairs fold. Outside of work I go scruffy, either a puff or the Dunaway usually.

White is for black tie do's DHSF, get some colour in there. My favourite is an orange and white number from Gieves and Hawkes.

If anyone is looking for a suit, I was at Sacoor Brothers in Westfield on Sunday. They've got some lovely suits and a big sale on. All suits under £500 have been reduced to £185 and everything over £500 reduced to £245.

If you want funky lining (or funky full stop, they have some weird brick in their collection) then you need to check out Moods of Norway, they're ace.

http://store.moodsofnorway.com/eu/products/mens-suits-and-jackets-jackets/

My suit is silver/grey so white is good for me (I found oen with grey trimming on so it wont be pur white) and I have a grey tie from marks sparks (its the one iwth crystals - amazing tie). Women are gonna drop their their knees wanting me.

My suit is silver/grey so white is good for me (I found oen with grey trimming on so it wont be pur white) and I have a grey tie from marks sparks (its the one iwth crystals - amazing tie). Women are gonna drop their their knees wanting me.

Urgghh, minimalism sucks balls. Seriously, any footballer wannabe can go with white, be original
tumblr_m288cnAWcd1rqsr9ro1_400.jpg

Grey is the best colour to work with, you can pretty much do any colour you want with grey

Glory-glory member Munz always wears a cravat.

I'm best man next weekend and we're wearing a deconstructed country gent get up (no tweed Scara :D ) with herringbone waistcoats and paisley cravat/pocket square combo... Looks the conkers.

Cant' really answer that one as I've never liked tweed. Fashion should be entirely style over function for me, and tweed (despite going in and out of trend) seems to be funtion over style.
Do you think that depends on the jacket and style of tweed? I'm not a fan of your typial Harris tweed which shoul be worn out in the country to protect you from thorn bushes and the like. I agree with you about the style over function remark - and the same can be said about comfort IMO.

Not sure why anyone would spend £150+ on a tweed jacket when you can easily get a decent one from a charity shop and get it tailored to your desire.

I might try a blue polka dot pocket square with the grey tweed - when worn with dark trousers (navy blue when I was at Goodwood this weekend).

Personally I would worry more about your shoes than the tie / shirt / pocket square put together

I have nice shoes and nice underwear and nice socks and some condoms. They are ALL sorted. But what separates the men from the boys is the pocket square

I have nice shoes and nice underwear and nice socks and some condoms. They are ALL sorted. But what separates the men from the boys is the pocket square

It's all in the detail. Make sure you wear amazing cufflinks (not novelty) and pay attention to the socks too.

It's all in the detail. Make sure you wear amazing cufflinks (not novelty) and pay attention to the socks too.

I got all that. Trust me when you wear suits all day every day you try to freshen things up a bit otherwise it becomes a school uniform.

im just not colorful like wookiewookiewookie. I am a minimalist when it comes to suits. Although the pic wookiewookiewookie put up is of a nice suit I cant pull that off.

used to have a thread on this but i guess everyone is now out of sync with fashion. I have revived this brick.

Ok I brought a Boateng suit the other day - cost a lot but thought fudge it. I looked good in it.

I have a wedding to go to next saturday and i know there will be a fair few hot chicks.

Anyways my question is anyone wear like a handkerchief? a pocket square not one of those massive fudging flower type hankies... just a normal square type thing.

im thinking of wearing one because i wanna look like a mad man from mad men.
DHSF I remember a post on the old board about you going to a wedding and not wanting to rock the pink tie look. I would recommend a light coloured linen suit with a wine coloured tie and pocket square. Make sure they match.

Back