• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Memphis Depay

veron23

Banned
Wind Up Merchant
This guy is the real deal. Hes not a brat at all. I watched a documentary on him recently showing his upbringing etc and it won me over. He's very dedicated and ambitious

Not sure id want him over Rodriguez ( Rodriguez is a proven goal scorer and as natural a finisher as they come) but i probably would have wanted him over Griezmann (Depay seems to be way more versetaille) and definitely want him over Konoplyanka.

Barca and Real madrid don't need a LWF
Neither do Bayern
Neither do Chelsea or City

If Utd or Arsenal don't want him I think we would be crazy not to snap him up. From watching him in interviews etc I think he feels the time is right to move on.

My ultimate choice would be Draxler but thats impossible so come on Levy, get this guy while you can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-7cYqcSLaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hodKYuDw9-U

Last edited:
Would be a decent signing, been very impressed when I have seen him...though admittedly that's not alot. Thought there was some talk of Utd being interested, the lure of van gaal and more cash will no doubt trump us! Still we need a lwf and this could be the guy if the price is right and utd have bigger fish to fry!

This guy is the real deal. Hes not a brat at all. I watched a documentary on him recently showing his upbringing etc and it won me over. He's very dedicated and ambitious

Not sure id want him over Rodriguez ( Rodriguez is a proven goal scorer and as a natural finisher as they come) but i probably would have wanted him over Griezmann (Depay seems to be way more versetaille) and definitely want him over Konoplyanka.

Barca and Real madrid don't need a LWF
Neither do Bayern
Neither do Chelsea or City

If Utd or Arsenal don't want him I think we would be crazy not to snap him up. From watching him in interviews etc I think he feels the time is right to move on.

My ultimate choice would be Draxler but thats impossible so come on Levy, get this guy while you can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-7cYqcSLaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hodKYuDw9-U

What sort of money would he go for do you think?

Veron, what he said in that interview made him come across as more than just ambitious. "I've done my time at PSV" is completely disrespectful to the club that has nurtured him and given him the platform to develop. Yes young players want to get their big moves, but that doesn't mean they should forget who helped them along the way.

I thought all the big clubs were already all over him?

I agree, he's a star in the making - mentioned it on another thread but I think we're a year late to the party.

Veron, what he said in that interview made him come across as more than just ambitious. "I've done my time at PSV" is completely disrespectful to the club that has nurtured him and given him the platform to develop. Yes young players want to get their big moves, but that doesn't mean they should forget who helped them along the way.

maybe. its just an expression tho, english isn't his first language and it could just be his way of saying I've worked hard and given my all for this team but now its time for a bigger club.
thats how i interpret the statement at least.

Last edited:
I had a watch on youtube of his 2013/14 highlights reel (yeah yeah youtube is the devil) and it was long, with lots of highlights. He had quite an impressive season by the looks of it and his world cup place was a reward for that. Right footer playing as an left inside forward seems to be his thang.

Definitely worth a punt if no bigger fish come and snaffle him up.

I had a watch on youtube of his 2013/14 highlights reel (yeah yeah youtube is the devil) and it was long, with lots of highlights. He had quite an impressive season by the looks of it and his world cup place was a reward for that. Right footer playing as an left inside forward seems to be his thang.

Definitely worth a punt if no bigger fish come and snaffle him up.

he can play as a number 10 also. him, eriksen and lamella alternating behind adebayor would be delicious! would still rather rodriguez as he will link better with adebayor and be more of a nuisance in the box and allow us to mix it up and play direct when needed. depay may be too similar to what we already have and lamella eriksen and depay might be a bit toooo fancy and lightweight but would be delighted if we got either

Last edited:
I thought all the big clubs were already all over him?

I agree, he's a star in the making - mentioned it on another thread but I think we're a year late to the party.

No one has come in for him yet. Most big clubs already have sufficient players of his type. And those that don't mostly seem to be looking at other targets at the moment. So there's every chance we could get him. If we're interested.

he can play as a number 10 also. him, eriksen and lamella alternating behind adebayor would be delicious! would still rather rodriguez as he will link better with adebayor and be more of a nuisance in the box. depay may be too similar to what we already have and lamella eriksen and depay might be a bit lightweight but would be delighted if we got either

Judging by the youtube compilation that I saw, the thing that most stood out about him was his great strength on the ball. Countless times that he was able to stay on his feet and brush bigger opponents off. So whatever other weaknesses he might have, I don't think being lightweight will be one of them.

No one has come in for him yet. Most big clubs already have sufficient players of his type. And those that don't mostly seem to be looking at other targets at the moment. So there's every chance we could get him. If we're interested.

Judging by the youtube compilation that I saw, the thing that most stood out about him was his great strength on the ball. Countless times that he was able to stay on his feet and brush bigger opponents off. So whatever other weaknesses he might have, I don't think being lightweight will be one of them.

i said the combination of those 3 would be lightweight, not depay as an individual. lightweight is probably not the correct word, what i meant was i don't want us to be a one dimensional, fancy pass to feet team with no plan b such as was arsenal are labeled as. depay seems like he wants ball to feet to be effective but we have multiple players like that. strong dribbling ON the ball and being strong OFF the ball is not the same. not all games can be won playing pretty and sometimes you need a direct option which is why i think rodriguez who is more of a presence in a box will make us more dynamic. Lamela and Eriksen dropping deep is enough, rather than a 3rd dropping deep id rather rodriguez with his strikers instincts as the 3rd player.

know what i mean?

Last edited:
i said the combination of those 3 would be lightweight, not depay as an individual. lightweight is probably not the correct word, what i meant was i don't want us to be a one dimensional, fancy pass to feet team with no plan b such as was arsenal are labeled as. depay seems like he wants ball to feet to be effective but we have multiple players like that. strong dribbling ON the ball and being strong OFF the ball is not the same. not all games can be won playing pretty and sometimes you need a direct option which is why i think rodriguez who is more of a presence in a box will make us more dynamic. Lamela and Eriksen dropping deep is enough, rather than a 3rd dropping deep id rather rodriguez with his strikers instincts as the 3rd player.

know what i mean?

Well, now I know that you don't actually mean "lightweight".........yes, I know what you mean! ;)

This time last year we were desperate to get Chadli, Mumorn was posting semi-naked photos of him and saying what a beast he was and how he would terrorise defences

Away in Portugal last year Chadli notched a couple in a few minutes and changed the game, he might be the big brute we need if we are playing Soldado/Lennon/Eriksen shortarses... so he is a good option.

By the way, his first name is Memphis, not Mephis, nor Mephisto...

This time last year we were desperate to get Chadli, Mumorn was posting semi-naked photos of him and saying what a beast he was and how he would terrorise defences

Away in Portugal last year Chadli notched a couple in a few minutes and changed the game, he might be the big brute we need if we are playing Soldado/Lennon/Eriksen shortarses... so he is a good option.

Nacer_Chadli-Modelling.jpg

i know i noticed it straight away but can't edit it. annoys me to look at it

Back