• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Memory Lane 09-10

ShelfLife

Clive Wilson
[video=youtube;CRoGi8UoY7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRoGi8UoY7I[/video]

What struck when watching this was how many different goal scorers we had that season (with a certain Bale's emergence and contribution coming in the latter part of the campaign). In that sense, it was almost the antithesis of last season.

Also, I had forgotten just how vital Pav's contribution was that season.

I was unexpectedly able to go to the Arsenal game after a client gifted me a couple of 'thank you' tickets. Everything about that night was perfect from Rose's thunderbolt, the balmy temperature, the atmosphere, the first win against that lot in years and its significance and the fact that I took my gooner brother along with me!. To date, the best experience I have had at WHL.

What struck when watching this was how many different goal scorers we had that season

P0308_zps9054d3e5.png

[video=youtube;0tZ6AleCouk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tZ6AleCouk[/video]

[video=youtube;pA4n2oe5HfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4n2oe5HfY[/video]

First part of the season =

--------------------------Gomes---------------------------

Corluka-----------King----------Bassong----------Ekotto

Lennon---------Palacios-------Huddlestone------Modric

-------------------Defoe--------Keane-------------------

Second part that saw us home and into the CL

--------------------------Gomes-------------------

Corluka/Kaboul----Dawson-----King-------Ekotto

Lennon----------Modric-------Huddlestone---Bale

Can't name the strikers as you honestly couldn't tell which two of Crouch, Pav and Defoe were the preferred partnership. Redknapp really chopped and changed the pairings.

So many players contributed that season. Niko, Eidur Gudjohnson, Kaboul, Bassong, Bentley, The strikers....i mean everyone played their part.

Can't name the strikers as you honestly couldn't tell which two of Crouch, Pav and Defoe were the preferred partnership. Redknapp really chopped and changed the pairings.

I think Defoe/Crouch were always his default preference from what I recall. Pav got bit of an extended go around halfway though the season, after going on bit of a decent run, but I always got the feeling that HR was never completely convinced by him. Keane was only ever used as a bit-part player after we bought him back from Liverpool.

Gudjohnsen was one of the most important signings of recent history. I still remember him coming on in the game at home to Arsenal where they annihilated us all game and he dropped into central midfield and was so calm in posession and quitened things down. Gomes was heroic that day.

From what I can remember. Luka broke his leg in the 4th game so Niko played the entire first half of the season. Lennon got injured around xmas time, was against West Ham but I can't remember what the injury was but he didn't return until that Emirates Marketing Project game or the week before. Hudd and Luka only became a "thing" because Palacios got suspended after a yellow in the semi final against Pompey.

Really enjoyed the 2009-10 season, especially as we qualified for CL. We had an excellent first half to the season but our form went down badly after January. The timely emergence of Bale, Bentley and Pavly from March onwards saved the season for us and ultimately won us the ticket to CL. Due credit to Redknapp for taking the gamble on those 3 players at a crucial time.

Back