• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Max Meyer

If a free agent doesn't have a better option than Palace, it says quite a bit about their quality

That isn't necessarily so, players sometimes pick smaller teams over other, look at VDV could have easily gone to a bigger club and got paid alot more money.

Or about the Premier League's ability in general to pay huge wages?

He is probably a Europa League level player but no doubt Palace are paying £100k a week for him and no non-English europa league clubs can pay that.
And perhaps he wants some assurance around the playing time / role at the club. If he feels he needs to rebuild his reputation I’m not sure fighting for his place in a team even with our depth would be attractive. Stoke seemed to sign a few players like this, with contrasting results.

DjnfGZNXgAAbJNt.jpg

Mmm that view is breath taking no wonder he signed, he's now living the sweet life.

Lovely Croydon. One of a handful places in London only slightly better than Tottenham. :p

Well, in fact, I actually like Tottenham, but I'm biased, and have only seen the sunny (match day) side.

Back