• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

There are a lot of "maybes" in what he says in the article.
Who knows what might have happened.
It was a difficult season - Poch not able to get the transfers he wanted in the summer; players back late from the WC and some carrying injuries; worries over Son and his national service exemption; key players such as Kane & Dele getting injured; falling out of the title race; Wembley fatigue and NWHL uncertainty; links with RM, links with Utd; plus the euphoria of getting to the CL final.
Of course, some of those things are part and parcel of the job and not unique to Poch. But I reckon he must have been mentally exhausted, shattered, by the end of last season so it's not surprising that those kind of thoughts might have been going through his head. But he stayed.

A fresh start now, and he says he feels invigorated. Fingers crossed that when we do win something, the feeling that brings will make him want to stay on and win even more.

I find it hard to take much of what he says in press conferences seriously because he gives ambiguous and contradictory messages. Hopefully, he’s just trolling and I suspect he is.

Either that or he’s a bit flakey which all the aura nonsense indicates. I don’t give a fudge either way coz he’s a great manager and he’s ours.

I find it hard to take much of what he says in press conferences seriously because he gives ambiguous and contradictory messages. Hopefully, he’s just trolling and I suspect he is.

Either that or he’s a bit flakey which all the aura nonsense indicates. I don’t give a fudge either way coz he’s a great manager and he’s ours.

Until we win something... I just wish he wouldn't get drawn into these things. It feeds the paper frenzy

I think Poch's comments regarding leaving if he won the CL (that he has re-iterated before anyone goes on about his brick command of English or media misinterpretation) are pretty ludricous. I'd love someone to explain the logic or reasoning behind them.

For players who may have joined us due to his supposed powers and way of working, or those who were here before him who have bought in to it, to hear that the reward for achieving what he had made them believe is possible is for him to jump ship.... For those that love working with him and his staff day in day out will then surely be worried about achieving something big with this man if that will apparently be a justifiable reason for him fudging off to something presumably bigger and better....

It's utter gonad*s. He speaks of acting like a big club, big clubs win things, but then they win things again the next season ie not Leicester.

Before people come at me, from his personal view if he feels this way then that's the way it is and if I try to take out of account my allegiance to this wonderful club it is reasonable; but to feel this way and then publicly announce it as if it may be helpful or productive in any way possible at all................Please someone enlighten me because frankly I feel outraged considering he and his coaching team are a big part of ending the club's run of winning a major trophy in each decade since the 50s.

I had a nightmare about the final last night, this brick still haunts me and hearing this absolute insult again, that if we had actually done ourselves justice in this final it would be curtains... Everyone wants to circle jerk about us just getting there, Atletico were there twice recently, big fudging whoop, they still lost and so many on here look at Tripper leaving to a lesser club somehow.

I think Poch's comments regarding leaving if he won the CL (that he has re-iterated before anyone goes on about his brick command of English or media misinterpretation) are pretty ludricous. I'd love someone to explain the logic or reasoning behind them.

For players who may have joined us due to his supposed powers and way of working, or those who were here before him who have bought in to it, to hear that the reward for achieving what he had made them believe is possible is for him to jump ship.... For those that love working with him and his staff day in day out will then surely be worried about achieving something big with this man if that will apparently be a justifiable reason for him fudging off to something presumably bigger and better....

It's utter gonad*s. He speaks of acting like a big club, big clubs win things, but then they win things again the next season ie not Leicester.

Before people come at me, from his personal view if he feels this way then that's the way it is and if I try to take out of account my allegiance to this wonderful club it is reasonable; but to feel this way and then publicly announce it as if it may be helpful or productive in any way possible at all................Please someone enlighten me because frankly I feel outraged considering he and his coaching team are a big part of ending the club's run of winning a major trophy in each decade since the 50s.

I had a nightmare about the final last night, this brick still haunts me and hearing this absolute insult again, that if we had actually done ourselves justice in this final it would be curtains... Everyone wants to circle jerk about us just getting there, Atletico were there twice recently, big fudging whoop, they still lost and so many on here look at Tripper leaving to a lesser club somehow.

It tinkles me off no end as well.

The man, not long after signing a new 5 year contract with us was talking enthusiastically to the press about his admiration for Wengers longevity with the other lot, how he would like to spend a similar time with us. Then he spoke of emulating Ferguson’s achievements at United with us saying ‘why not’

Well the answer ‘why not’ is clear as day for me that after falling short in so many of the big games that really matter for us he’s just not up to that standard or ever will be.

Sadly for me I just think flimflam every time he speaks now and that’s hard to admit of your clubs manager when you admired him no end.

I won’t even go there about his weak comments about wanting Eriksen to stay when his own levels of commitment are flimsy at best, or the fact he chastised Walker for talking about leaving during the Chelsea title run in but tells us all he might leave if we beat Liverpool, stinks of hypocrisy to me.

I feel strongly that a class of manager above his level would have more about them and wouldn’t talk of leaving a club in hypothetical terms before and after a ucl final.

Conti, Klopp, Benitez, Simeone, Allegri , Guardiola, Mourinho, Zidane, Ancelotti... to name a few are in that mould, they don’t talk about hypothetical triumphs and what they might do, they stay focused on the task in hand and speak more candid opinions once they have actually achieved something.

A part of Pochettino’s thinking i believe is he has served five years and a part of him feels ready for something new, he’s not fully committed in my eyes and that doesn’t feel right to me.

But hey ho, forget the names I mentioned earlier, so cheesed am I I’d take Chris Houghton just for a bit of common sense and loyalty to the club. I’d love a manager who I felt was committed to us rather than a continuation of the poor form from last season, followed by bizarre interviews and more excuses, followed by vague mutterings of # the project which he obviously seems 100 per cent committed, like a turkey campaigning of the wonders of Christmas.

It tinkles me off no end as well.

The man, not long after signing a new 5 year contract with us was talking enthusiastically to the press about his admiration for Wengers longevity with the other lot, how he would like to spend a similar time with us. Then he spoke of emulating Ferguson’s achievements at United with us saying ‘why not’

Well the answer ‘why not’ is clear as day for me that after falling short in so many of the big games that really matter for us he’s just not up to that standard or ever will be.

Sadly for me I just think flimflam every time he speaks now and that’s hard to admit of your clubs manager when you admired him no end.

I won’t even go there about his weak comments about wanting Eriksen to stay when his own levels of commitment are flimsy at best, or the fact he chastised Walker for talking about leaving during the Chelsea title run in but tells us all he might leave if we beat Liverpool, stinks of hypocrisy to me.

I feel strongly that a class of manager above his level would have more about them and wouldn’t talk of leaving a club in hypothetical terms before and after a ucl final.

Conti, Klopp, Benitez, Simeone, Allegri , Guardiola, Mourinho, Zidane, Ancelotti... to name a few are in that mould, they don’t talk about hypothetical triumphs and what they might do, they stay focused on the task in hand and speak more candid opinions once they have actually achieved something.

A part of Pochettino’s thinking i believe is he has served five years and a part of him feels ready for something new, he’s not fully committed in my eyes and that doesn’t feel right to me.

But hey ho, forget the names I mentioned earlier, so cheesed am I I’d take Chris Houghton just for a bit of common sense and loyalty to the club. I’d love a manager who I felt was committed to us rather than a continuation of the poor form from last season, followed by bizarre interviews and more excuses, followed by vague mutterings of # the project which he obviously seems 100 per cent committed, like a turkey campaigning of the wonders of Christmas.
Poch out. 410%.

Back