• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

That doesn't mean he can't do better. Dispensing with woo is a berry good way to begin better.

I didn't say that he hadn't done well, I think he's done excellently. But to suggest there's nothing whatsoever he can improve on is a very strange opinion.

I never said he can't do better?

I bet everyday he goes into work he tries to make things better. Y'know the type of person you like working for you.

And he has done excellently, so well compared to his peers on the limited resources he has at his disposal that he must be getting an edge somewhere. Maybe it's the woo:D....of course completely anecdotal and could never be proven scientifically:p

I never said he can't do better?

I bet everyday he goes into work he tries to make things better. Y'know the type of person you like working for you.

And he has done excellently, so well compared to his peers on the limited resources he has at his disposal that he must be getting an edge somewhere. Maybe it's the woo:D....of course completely anecdotal and could never proven scientifically:p
Of course it's not the woo. Neither is it the lemons nor the auras.

He should spend that time fixing our midfield.

Of course it's not the woo. Neither is it the lemons nor the auras.

He should spend that time fixing our midfield.
No need to separate it out...it's all woo.

A whole lot of woo going on.

As for the midfield.... It's a shame it doesn't stretch to the medical department..maybe that's where we went wrong? ..perhaps we'll push on with that next year. Reiki masters and acupuncturist's at the ready.:D

Well I’m absolutely gutted and heartbroken to be honest after last night.

I haven’t posted and left it for a bit since the Ajax game where I opened up and gave my honest thoughts on here about Pochettino.

What Pochettino has done over 5 years is tremendous work, our progressive journey on and off the pitch has been very notable.

Despite all the furore of my questioning Poch I stand by my original thoughts I laid bare before that second leg.

I believe in what I see and how I feel about our form and style of play post Christmas, whereas before Mr Pochettino was truly positive for us in press conferences, since then I feel his strange ramblings has been a negative and hindered us.

I observed Klopp in the run up to the game, the rhetoric was all positive, a focus, a determination.

On our side a circus. One minute he may go, next minute he might stay, will he play Kane, surely we wouldn’t want to do a turd on Moura the man who got us to the final...but yes he did. Kane and Winks were not fit, Kane was totally out of it that first half.

Every person in the world makes mistakes but not every one learns from them. Kane should not have started against Burnley at turf moor and he should not have started last night...because it was detrimental to the whole team and horrifically unfair on Lucas and primarily it’s best for the player to come on as a sub after about sixty minutes returning from that kind of injury.

No one will convince me that Pochettino is not an excellent manager yet no one will be able to convince me that he has that extra edge to win trophies but most crucially not to lose your sheet before the mother of all games, which he has done in two finals.

Again I do strongly feel he has let praise get to him to dangerous ‘I’m bigger than the club levels’ he has not delivered us a trophy, it’s an extremely difficult thing to do, I personally feel it’s beyond him, and I won’t make apologies for my views and I don’t feel I need a straight jacket.

I’ll always rate Pochettino as excellent but I feel there is a class above that, I’d rather throw the dice to turn a 4 into a six. A manager who can keep himself together when it counts with the potential to get over the line and deliver glory, not another nearly sob story.

Again I’d love him to prove me wrong next year but I don’t see it. I see a manager nearing the end of his cycle with us and I’m not at all sorry about that. He lost me this year with wrong decisions, a regression in our style of play and bizarre media work.

I love the club but not the manager, the two are separate and I hope people can understand that the two don’t go hand in hand.

I understand, I feel he is a bit of a drama queen but would not say to often cos the are some on here who have a religious type love for him.

He plays to many games when it is far easier to just say your staying and put the rumours to bed, he could still leave a few months later and it would not make any difference to him what people thought of him.

I understand, I feel he is a bit of a drama queen but would not say to often cos the are some on here who have a religious type love for him.

He plays to many games when it is far easier to just say your staying and put the rumours to bed, he could still leave a few months later and it would not make any difference to him what people thought of him.

Agree on that he should have put the rumours to bed weeks ago. Could be part of a plan to use press to get DL to spend some money. Let’s hope cleared up quickly get on with sorting this squad out. It needs surgery

I haven’t posted and left it for a bit since the Ajax game where I opened up and gave my honest thoughts on here about Pochettino.

What Pochettino has done over 5 years is tremendous work, our progressive journey on and off the pitch has been very notable.

Despite all the furore of my questioning Poch I stand by my original thoughts I laid bare before that second leg.

I believe in what I see and how I feel about our form and style of play post Christmas, whereas before Mr Pochettino was truly positive for us in press conferences, since then I feel his strange ramblings has been a negative and hindered us.

I observed Klopp in the run up to the game, the rhetoric was all positive, a focus, a determination.

On our side a circus. One minute he may go, next minute he might stay, will he play Kane, surely we wouldn’t want to do a turd on Moura the man who got us to the final...but yes he did. Kane and Winks were not fit, Kane was totally out of it that first half.

Every person in the world makes mistakes but not every one learns from them. Kane should not have started against Burnley at turf moor and he should not have started last night...because it was detrimental to the whole team and horrifically unfair on Lucas and primarily it’s best for the player to come on as a sub after about sixty minutes returning from that kind of injury.

No one will convince me that Pochettino is not an excellent manager yet no one will be able to convince me that he has that extra edge to win trophies but most crucially not to lose your sheet before the mother of all games, which he has done in two finals.

Again I do strongly feel he has let praise get to him to dangerous ‘I’m bigger than the club levels’ he has not delivered us a trophy, it’s an extremely difficult thing to do, I personally feel it’s beyond him, and I won’t make apologies for my views and I don’t feel I need a straight jacket.

I’ll always rate Pochettino as excellent but I feel there is a class above that, I’d rather throw the dice to turn a 4 into a six. A manager who can keep himself together when it counts with the potential to get over the line and deliver glory, not another nearly sob story.

Again I’d love him to prove me wrong next year but I don’t see it. I see a manager nearing the end of his cycle with us and I’m not at all sorry about that. He lost me this year with wrong decisions, a regression in our style of play and bizarre media work.

I love the club but not the manager, the two are separate and I hope people can understand that the two don’t go hand in hand.

I agree with a lot of that, I think he can improve on his weaknesses though, Levy will insist on it.

I don’t think we’ll see any stupid books or media comments next season, or the squad running out of steam after Christmas.

There are no excuses next season, no World Cup or new stadium, we’re not carrying any long term injuries over the summer and any sales will be for far higher fees than originally paid for the player.

I agree with a lot of that, I think he can improve on his weaknesses though, Levy will insist on it.

I don’t think we’ll see any stupid books or media comments next season, or the squad running out of steam after Christmas.

There are no excuses next season, no World Cup or new stadium, we’re not carrying any long term injuries over the summer and any sales will be for far higher fees than originally paid for the player.
Especially if Sissoko is on the way out, eh, @scaramanga?

Don’t agree with you buddy but I applaud you for making a point that is not easy to make here because Poch is held in such high esteem and you’ve articulated it very well.

Your argument is not without merit but I don’t think many coaches, Pep and Klopp included, could have done what Poch did this year in the circumstances.

Furthermore, last year and before people were justifiably saying Poch was poor in Europe. He’s learned. That’s the point. He’s learning and growing with us. The next step is trophies and both us and Poch are now ready to take that step together. He’s a bit wacky but he’s doing an outstanding job here.

I’m really positive about the future with this manager.

I may have noticed some on here do religiously love him.

Maybe I took some flack for that but those that do love this club just as much as me. They are hurting just as me. There no more a bigger fan than I am they just have a different viewpoint.

I take no pleasure from last night nor my thoughts on our manager.

I am gutted and I hope this is still the right place to come and air views respectfully without fear or prejudice.

Don’t agree with you buddy but I applaud you for making a point that is not easy to make here because Poch is held in such high esteem and you’ve articulated it very well.

Your argument is not without merit but I don’t think many coaches, Pep and Klopp included, could have done what Poch did this year in the circumstances.

Furthermore, last year and before people were justifiably saying Poch was poor in Europe. He’s learned. That’s the point. He’s learning and growing with us. The next step is trophies and both us and Poch are now ready to take that step together. He’s a bit wacky but he’s doing an outstanding job here.

I’m really positive about the future with this manager.

Thank you for this. I respect your opinion and as a fellow spur consider you a brother in arms.

I do concede it’s a very special kind of manager that trumps Poch, I’m just saying if he’s out there I’d want him over Poch.

Maybe I took some flack for that but those that do love this club just as much as me. They are hurting just as me. There no more a bigger fan than I am they just have a different viewpoint.

I am gutted and I hope this is still the right place to come and air views respectfully without fear or prejudice.

I get where you’re coming from but I’m not quite there yet. This season has been immensely tough for him given no signings, Wembley and injuries galore.

He’s one of the elite coaches in the game. I do cringe a bit when people say he’s the best as he really needs to win something to be called that.

Also the “learning” line can only be used so much longer imo he’s been a coach for 10 years

Religious love for Poch? Or rather tremendous respect and affection for a manager that has taken us to levels in the premier league and champions league, we could only have dreamt of before 2014? It’s not a religious love for Poch because that implies faith, it is love borne out of what we have seen him achieve.

As for the edge to win trophies, to paraphrase Redknapp “I must have missed all those league titles and Champions League trophies Spurs were winning before he arrived.”

I just don’t get, when all things are considered, how @Nigeyman’s criticism stands up to any reasonable scrutiny. Because Poch hasn’t won a League cup like Ramos or Graham or an FA cup like Venables ? He has changed us from being the “best of the rest” to becoming real contenders for the big prizes, on a relative shoe string against teams with far more resources. He’s finished second in the league and a Champions League runner up despite most windows not getting in the players he wants. No manager of Spurs not even the great Keith Burkinshaw comes that close to winning the biggest trophies since, well Bill Nicholson.

Just look at Arsenal and look at United if you want to see the decline that sets in when the man at the helm is not up to the job.

I am unashamedly a Poch fan, I find it hard to believe that there are Spurs fans out there who are not. The man has done wonders for this club and long may he continue.

Last edited:

Not sure I agree with that.

The point of this website is to make yourself feel better while belittling others. Always has been always will be.

All the best.

Agree on that he should have put the rumours to bed weeks ago. Could be part of a plan to use press to get DL to spend some money. Let’s hope cleared up quickly get on with sorting this squad out. It needs surgery
He does nothing to play games with Levy, they are open and clear with each other.

Back