• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Whatever his approach...he's doing alright.

He is, but he’d have done a lot better had there been fewer individual mistakes.

We are in a funny situation, since he’s been here, we’ve overachieved based on resources, but underachieved based on the competition, we had the best side in the country for two years and still didn’t win a title, we’ve played against Klopp in a CL final and seen him lay another egg yet we still lost.

For all of the good he’s done, and it’s an enormous amount, we still have mental preparation issues.

He is, but he’d have done a lot better had there been fewer individual mistakes.

We are in a funny situation, since he’s been here, we’ve overachieved based on resources, but underachieved based on the competition, we had the best side in the country for two years and still didn’t win a title, we’ve played against Klopp in a CL final and seen him lay another egg yet we still lost.

For all of the good he’s done, and it’s an enormous amount, we still have mental preparation issues.
I feel like someone in my family died today, but I know in a weeks time I'll be able to objectively look at what we have achieved as a club and I will know that although we lost the CL final, we were in a CL final. Each of our failures has actually meant us inching forward a bit more. Yes the defeat is very very hard to take. Immortality was in our grasp and it slipped between our fingers, but the final step is always the hardest. I do know one thing. This final appearance will not be a once off.

I said in amother thread every English team who has made it to a Champions League final has lost at least one. So we shouldn't be too disheartened.

What I know about this manager is he adapts and learns. Last year we lost to Juventus because we were not "clever" enough. This year we have got all the way to the final. So assuming we invest well this summer and keep hold of Eriksen we should be back. But the investment is the key point. We cannot have another window with no top class incoming transfers.

I said in amother thread every English team who has made it to a Champions League final has lost at least one. So we shouldn't be too disheartened.

What I know about this manager is he adapts and learns. Last year we lost to Juventus because we were not "clever" enough. This year we have got all the way to the final. So assuming we invest well this summer and keep hold of Eriksen we should be back. But the investment is the key point. We cannot have another window with no top class incoming transfers.
I hope so. And that we do what the dippers did. Lose the final and win the next one.

It was an amazing job to get there and we fell short. On what game too many for us. And I’m still replaying moments of the game in my head and ugh, it’s frustrating. I’m off to walk on some hot coals with @scaramanga as soon as he’s taken his homeopathy after he gets back from church.

Yes, this season needs to be a platform for the future. We need 3-4 signings in the summer, a couple of which are either in the first choice 11 or challenging for it

Back