• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

TalkSport are now advertising an interview with Poch tonight (7pm ish) in which their preamble sound bites seem to suggest he is kiboshing all talk of leaving.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino reveals the two factors that will keep him at Spurs
TOTTENHAM boss Mauricio Pochettino has revealed that the clubs’ facilities and location could keep him keep him at the club long-term.

Tottenham boss Pochettino worried fans earlier this month when he claimed that he could leave the club whether they win or lose next weekend’s Champions League final.

Spurs take on Liverpool in Madrid in what Jose Mourinho reckons could change the future of the club, and their Argentine boss has reassured fans just how highly he thinks of the north London side.

"Today Tottenham, for me, is the best club in the world when you talk about facilities," he told talkSPORT.

"This training ground, the new stadium that is the best in the world, there's no better club and then it's in London, no better city, you know.

“It’s England, it’s the Premier League – the toughest and most exciting league.

“I think we need to make that step and of course if we realise that we can continue in this process we can put Tottenham with the best teams in the world.

"There's still a lot of work to do, but I'm so motivated to stay in Tottenham and provide Tottenham with what they deserve."

Pochettino was subject of interest from Real Madrid before they brought back Zinedine Zidane earlier this year, and Juventus who recently announced Massimiliano Allegri’s departure.

The 46-year-old said about his future: “That's so important and it's between us and, of course, the owner.

“We need to talk and know his ideas and of course to share and try to design the plan to reach the last step.

"[We need to] be in a position that makes us dream and believe that we can be real contenders."

Mourinho told Sky Sports news that Tottenham enter the most successful period in their history if they can overcome Liverpool in Madrid.

He said: “Of course, Spurs is not winning titles and to win the first one, the biggest one of all, would be, of course, fantastic.

“It would mean to win other domestic trophies [is easier] because the Champions League is the biggest one of all.

“I think, big match, of course, with huge levels of pressure.

“We used to say finals are not to play, finals are to win.”

TalkSport are now advertising an interview with Poch tonight (7pm ish) in which their preamble sound bites seem to suggest he is kiboshing all talk of leaving.

I worried about Madrid and worried about United but I really don’t see him leaving us for Juve or any other vacant job out there. If he goes now, he walks away from football for a bit because he’s had enough.

Personally, I’m certain he’ll be here next season. Just think his disdain for the media has deepened lately and his recent comments were just a wind up and maybe to remind Levy that a few dozen million on transfers would be welcome.

That interview is being sold as seeming to imply that he'll stay. Or hinting that his long-term future could be at Spurs.
As though the five year contract he signed less than a year ago and the reputation of Daniel Levy means nothing at all.

Doesn’t his son play for the youth team also? He’s clearly got deep emotional ties to the club. The only club I could see him leaving us for is Real Madrid and they probably won’t be changing manager within the next year or so.

The Talksport interview is brilliant, basically puts the kybosh on all speculation however I doubt it will make more news than speculation that he is leaving because its not as sexy a news piece.

I would hope our fans relax abit more now.

So an hour or so after Poch gives that interview to talk sport the BBC are finishing off their article with their opinions/hopes that he leaves based on quotes from 3 weeks ago?

Good interview - correctly on the line saying back me or I’m off.

Levy knows this - hopefully means a busy summer and kicking on again next season

Doesn’t his son play for the youth team also? He’s clearly got deep emotional ties to the club. The only club I could see him leaving us for is Real Madrid and they probably won’t be changing manager within the next year or so.

Both his sons are at the club. Maurizio Pochettino is in the development squad and
Sebastiano Pochettino is a sports scientist.

Mauricio Pochettino's joke backfires as Real Madrid release official statement

_107098090_pocjh1.jpg

Pochettino has four years left on his contract at Spurs
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino's apparent joke about where his team would stay in Madrid for the Champions League final appears to have backfired - and prompted Real Madrid to release an official statement.

The Argentine, who has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu in the past, was discussing Spurs' plans for the final against Liverpool at Atletico Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano Stadium on 1 June.

"Ahead of the final, we will train at Valdebebas [Real's training complex] and sleep in a nearby hotel," he told El Partidazo de Cope.

"I asked Florentino [Perez, Real's president] to let us sleep in the sports centre, but he told me that I can only sleep there when I become the coach of Real Madrid."

Cue a "Comunicado Oficial" from the 13-time European champions, who re-appointed manager Zinedine Zidane in March.

Real said they were "surprised by the demonstrations" made by Pochettino about a "supposed request" to stay at their training ground.

"Real Madrid wants to make it clear that it is outright false that this request was produced," they said.

They said they had "always shown its absolute availability" to meet the requests of Uefa, Spurs and Liverpool and requests were only for "the use of the training camps of the Ciudad Real Madrid and its changing rooms".

Tottenham will be training at Real on 30 and 31 May and Liverpool will use the facilities on the morning of 1 June.

"At no time has our club been requested that these teams could be accommodated in the facilities of Ciudad Real Madrid," they added.

Pochettino, who has four years left on his contract, has previously hinted he could leave Spurs if they win the European Cup.

He has also said he would be "stupid" to stay at the club if they expect similar levels of success without changing the way they are run - having not signed a player since 31 January 2018.

But he told the Spanish radio show: "I will not make decisions about my future [until] after the final, it is important to know what the club's future plan is.

"Real Madrid? I have no other goals if I am not training Tottenham; football takes you where you deserve."

Mauricio Pochettino's joke backfires as Real Madrid release official statement

_107098090_pocjh1.jpg

Pochettino has four years left on his contract at Spurs
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino's apparent joke about where his team would stay in Madrid for the Champions League final appears to have backfired - and prompted Real Madrid to release an official statement.

The Argentine, who has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu in the past, was discussing Spurs' plans for the final against Liverpool at Atletico Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano Stadium on 1 June.

"Ahead of the final, we will train at Valdebebas [Real's training complex] and sleep in a nearby hotel," he told El Partidazo de Cope.

"I asked Florentino [Perez, Real's president] to let us sleep in the sports centre, but he told me that I can only sleep there when I become the coach of Real Madrid."

Cue a "Comunicado Oficial" from the 13-time European champions, who re-appointed manager Zinedine Zidane in March.

Real said they were "surprised by the demonstrations" made by Pochettino about a "supposed request" to stay at their training ground.

"Real Madrid wants to make it clear that it is outright false that this request was produced," they said.

They said they had "always shown its absolute availability" to meet the requests of Uefa, Spurs and Liverpool and requests were only for "the use of the training camps of the Ciudad Real Madrid and its changing rooms".

Tottenham will be training at Real on 30 and 31 May and Liverpool will use the facilities on the morning of 1 June.

"At no time has our club been requested that these teams could be accommodated in the facilities of Ciudad Real Madrid," they added.

Pochettino, who has four years left on his contract, has previously hinted he could leave Spurs if they win the European Cup.

He has also said he would be "stupid" to stay at the club if they expect similar levels of success without changing the way they are run - having not signed a player since 31 January 2018.

But he told the Spanish radio show: "I will not make decisions about my future [until] after the final, it is important to know what the club's future plan is.

"Real Madrid? I have no other goals if I am not training Tottenham; football takes you where you deserve."
This 'joke' shows the Real are a joke club with no sense of humour.

Good interview - correctly on the line saying back me or I’m off.

Levy knows this - hopefully means a busy summer and kicking on again next season

I think that it is a bit of a stretch to draw that from this

“We need to talk and know his ideas and of course to share and try to design the plan to reach the last step.

Back