• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Maté Jesus.

I haven't yet processed everything yet. It's still been a strange sort of dreamworld, and I've been wandering through it with an utterly stupid grin on my face for all of it.

But, the very first post in this thread was mine. All that time ago, on the 27th of May, 2014, I welcomed him to this club, our club, with a simple request. Nothing fancy, nothing earth-shatteing. Just a request that I thought echoed what we were all hoping for on that day, after the drifting, aimless years post-Harry.

With all the pain, all the suffering that came with losing our golden generation of players from that magical era - Modric, Bale, Van Der Vaart, King. With the knowledge that we had drifted again, and would have to reset again.

One simple request.

Bring back the good times, please.

1tokry5j8ws21.jpg

What a five years it's been.

We will be through many twists and turns yet. Many heartbreaks still lie in store. Where we go is uncertain. What we are, and what we may become, are both uncertain.

But, when we appointed Maté Jesus back on that sunny summer day in May 2014, without knowing it, we began changing what we *were*. From the club that always lost, always folded, always buckled...

...to one that *tried*. To one that bled, that worked, that fought against all odds no matter what the circumstances, desperate to change its nature.

Have we succeeded? I don't know.

But I am thankful for every moment that this man's been with us. I have raged long and hard about us being churlish, being cowardly, of not giving him what he needs to do what he dreams of doing.

But he never let that stop him. Never let the threadbare nature of his squad hold him back - never folded in the face of inaction, of being left with a weakened squad, of nothing being done to help him.

He took our broken selves, and against our nature, against our parsimony, against our reluctance to dream - he forced us to.

So whatever happens in the semi-final to come....

fudging hell. Here's to you, Mauricio Pochettino.

Tottenham loves you more than you will know.

GettyImages-1143358327.jpg

Love the fact that Poch is getting plenty of praise from the media. A CL semi-final at the New Lane. Yes, whatever happens in that game, the good times certainly seem to be coming back to N17. About damn time you could say, but we seem to have been on an upward graph ever since big MJ, ok regular blips, trips and spills, but overall direction is great........and brilliant post Dubai Spurs :) :):):):) We're very un-sexy these days, long may it continue.

Haha me too mate. Watching highlights on a loop with a bottle of vodka.

fudged my phone across the room when their “fifth” went in. fudged my inhaler across the room and can’t find half of it which means I might die tonight but I don’t fudging care. fudge 0-0 draws or clever defensive play. We are spurs and we believe in entertainment.

Glorious.

Hope you found that inhaler and are allright, mate! You don't wanna miss the semi now! :D

Presumably this morning Daniel Levy got his chauffeur to drop him off at the headquarters of Barclays/ Nike/ Google/ whoever... went up to the top floor in the lift... walked into the CEO's office (thrusting his hand into the face of his PA)... unzipped his foot-long-schlong and dropped it onto the desk with a schlll-thuddd.

"You know last month we wanted £20mpa and you offered £10mpa for stadium sponsorship?

We just beat City to go into the Semi Final of the Champions League.

I want £30mpa. Byeeeeeeeeeee!"

Maté Jesus.

I haven't yet processed everything yet. It's still been a strange sort of dreamworld, and I've been wandering through it with an utterly stupid grin on my face for all of it.

But, the very first post in this thread was mine. All that time ago, on the 27th of May, 2014, I welcomed him to this club, our club, with a simple request. Nothing fancy, nothing earth-shattering. Just a request that I thought echoed what we were all hoping for on that day, after the drifting, aimless years post-Harry.

With all the pain, all the suffering that came with losing our golden generation of players from that magical era - Modric, Bale, Van Der Vaart, King. With the knowledge that we had drifted again, and would have to reset again.

One simple request.

View attachment 6465

What a five years it's been.

We will be through many twists and turns yet.

<snip>

I'm going to read that post again, only with Gloria Gaynor playing in the background.

Here's to you, Mauricio Pochettino.

Tottenham loves you more than you will know.

I love the whole (it reminded me of an end of season post 2 years ago, listing the season's accomplishments) but the above bit got me thinking.

There is a song there, and Poch deserves a second one!

To the tune of Simon & Garfunkels Mrs. Robinson

"So here's to you Mauricio, Tottenham loves you more than you will know, whoa, whoa, whoa,
GHod bless you please Pochettino, promise us that you will never go"

So ends my musical "talents" over to you then...

Love the fact that Poch is getting plenty of praise from the media. A CL semi-final at the New Lane. Yes, whatever happens in that game, the good times certainly seem to be coming back to N17. About damn time you could say, but we seem to have been on an upward graph ever since big MJ, ok regular blips, trips and spills, but overall direction is great........and brilliant post Dubai Spurs :) :):):):) We're very un-sexy these days, long may it continue.

PSV
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Dortmund
City

No one can say we’ve had it easy but here we still are - bottling our way into Europe’s last four...

Quote from above video : most important is for the club to have a vision and a plan for the future, being strong and sometimes making decisions that are not popular.

Why this thread has been languishing on page 2 is beyond me. Poch has steadied the slide we had on that awful run and patched us up to grind out results and be close to sealing CL for another year. Oh, and getting us to a FCKUIN SEMI FINAL!!!!!!!

Why this thread has been languishing on page 2 is beyond me. Poch has steadied the slide we had on that awful run and patched us up to grind out results and be close to sealing CL for another year. Oh, and getting us to a FCKUIN SEMI FINAL!!!!!!!

Interesting but if we get past the next two games it will be a very important point in Poch's development. It was our worse slump in the 5 years and we needed to get over it.

@Bullet has a point about the stadium sponsorship, knowing we have CL, being the club that made CL SF/Final (and the noise Levey has made about bidding fo a CL final for the stadium) is probably why we have held off/waiting on closing a sponsorship deal.

Back