• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The issues here are his comments will come to some as a kick in the teeth. I think you are leaning on supporters loyalty and love for the club if you make a statement like Poch did and expect people to just go "yeh he is right".

Poch might be right in his comments, 4th is important financially and to the clubs long term success but you also have to be fair to fans that want to win a trophy, its not that hard to imagine people who love the club might want to see Spurs lift some silverware, the club is famous for its cup runs.

And while some on here would prefer a cup win to cl, it’s clear that the club feel the opposite. And given what levy and Poch have done in developing us into a regular top 3 and cl team, I trust in them.

I dont know why people insist upon arguing it as if its an either/or situation.

The way I see it, if we win a pot this season (as with 2008) its a jolly day out but basically nothing changes.

If we get CL again and again, over of the course of a few seasons we get to build the squad in such a way that competing on 4 fronts is fully achievable, and winning things becomes a regular occurance and not just an occasional jolly.

I dont think we do.

I do think we prioritise CL and League over domestic cups though, which seems to be ultimately what most people tinkle and moan about.

Until we sustain ourselves at the elite level, and build an elite squad, what are the chances of winning things every season?

I dont think we do.

I do think we prioritise CL and League over domestic cups though, which seems to be ultimately what most people tinkle and moan about.

Until we sustain ourselves at the elite level, and build an elite squad, what are the chances of winning things every season?

Any season would do, its been GHod knows how long since the last time.

Any season would do, its been GHod knows how long since the last time.

Im not saying I dont want to win cups. Only that not winning them right now is far from the end of the world for me.

We are building to a point, IMO, where we are going to start taking them every season. I fully accept, understand, and agree that league and CL need to be the priority - if any prioritisation is to be made.

As it is, I think it more likely we have just been unfortunate. We dominated enough yesterday to have won, we didnt, its football. We took Chelsea to penalties, could easily have been us in the final. All while the squad has been gutted by injury.

Im not saying I dont want to win cups. Only that not winning them right now is far from the end of the world for me.

We are building to a point, IMO, where we are going to start taking them every season. I fully accept, understand, and agree that league and CL need to be the priority - if any prioritisation is to be made.

As it is, I think it more likely we have just been unfortunate. We dominated enough yesterday to have won, we didnt, its football. We took Chelsea to penalties, could easily have been us in the final. All while the squad has been gutted by injury.
h

Thats a very level way of looking at it and I agree to a part.

I just think its easy to come on and say we are building and look at a philosophical side to it, however I can totally understand peoples reaction to Poch comments yesterday about winning because the fans and many I was with yesterday walked away from the pub after shruging their shoulders askign themselves whats the point if we are not going in it to win it. Which I can understand and alot of them were level people.

Why can't some grasp this?
It's like a blind spot.

h

Thats a very level way of looking at it and I agree to a part.

I just think its easy to come on and say we are building and look at a philosophical side to it, however I can totally understand peoples reaction to Poch comments yesterday about winning because the fans and many I was with yesterday walked away from the pub after shruging their shoulders askign themselves whats the point if we are not going in it to win it. Which I can understand and alot of them were level people.

Its just perspective.

If youre all caught up in the match/moment youre going to end up disappointed and then a "whats the point..." reaction is fairly obvious.

I always tend to look at any given match as part of a season, as part of a journey, so I dont tend to take that view or knee jerk like many do.

I think we did our best over these two games, we lost. Its football. "whats the point...", well, domestically there are realistically 2 trophies 99% of clubs stand a remote chance of winning. Thats it, thats the odds.

When you look at trophy winners over the last 15 years it is overwhelmingly the top 4/CL regulars. Thats just life.

Its not like any of them are easy to win and the chances are almost absolute that nobody is going to win. Given 1 or 2 teams will pick up the pots at the end of the season.

We have no right to win anything. We are building to a point where we will. 3 semi finals in 3 seasons suggests we arent far off...

I think we did our best over these two games, we lost. Its football. "whats the point...", well, domestically there are realistically 2 trophies 99% of clubs stand a remote chance of winning. Thats it, thats the odds.

We have no right to win anything. We are building to a point where we will. 3 semi finals in 3 seasons suggests we arent far off...

I think the reaction of whats the point came from the comments after Pochs comments, where a couple of mates of mine said they would not have bothered going if the clubs not that bothered about winning. I think straight after a game, hearing those comments its a fair thing for them to think

I think the reaction of whats the point came from the comments after Pochs comments, where a couple of mates of mine said they would not have bothered going if the clubs not that bothered about winning. I think straight after a game, hearing those comments its a fair thing for them to think

Has he ever said he's not bothered about losing? That sounds like utter nonsense to me.

He puts his faith in the squad and if we lose, we lose. Some games require resting. I'm sure the disappointment is just as strong amongst the coaching staff and squad.

Why can't some grasp this?
It's like a blind spot.
It's simple. (I could be repeating myself)

Boiling it down.

Money is the priority. (And it's easy to see why)

When we establish ourselves financially ALL cups are then the priority.

This is the plan. This is Poch and Levy's plan. It has been well signposted.

Due to our immediate situation and the bigger picture, yesterday's selection was what I expected.

Any moan about yesterday basically says that you don't agree with the plan or was unaware of what it was (I hope no-one on here was in the dark).

And by continuation if youre not happy about it you're basically saying Poch and Levy need to go.

Finally, they're hardly shi.tting on you every week, I trust them and I think there's good evidence to support why I do.

Well, as always seems to be the case with Poch, that all depends on how you read what he is saying.

I dont think, ever, there is not a desire to win something.

Only that perspective I spoke about - its important to be top 4 and CL to build a squad.

He was just saying it as it is.

Of all the top 6 managers that have won a trophy in the last 5 years are any still in the job?
No, because if you win a cup and drop out the top 4 you won't last long.
CL is what's important, and it's draining.
Tbf Spurs is different from the others as we have different expecations. Had Poch not won anything at say Chelsea or Man Utd but secured top 4 would he still be in a job? Probably not.

Flip it the other way, how many coaches/managers in the world are considered top class yet have never won a trophy? Whilst it is right we prioritise CL qualification for now, this excuse isnt going to run for too many more years. Its widely accepted on here that Poch in all likelihood wont be here for that many more seasons so he really does need to win trophies sometime soon here if he wants to go down as one of the all time greats. Here's hoping.....

Tbf Spurs is different from the others as we have different expecations. Had Poch not won anything at say Chelsea or Man Utd but secured top 4 would he still be in a job? Probably not.

Flip it the other way, how many coaches/managers in the world are considered top class yet have never won a trophy? Whilst it is right we prioritise CL qualification for now, this excuse isnt going to run for too many more years. Its widely accepted on here that Poch in all likelihood wont be here for that many more seasons so he really does need to win trophies sometime soon here if he wants to go down as one of the all time greats. Here's hoping.....

Looking into the future is always fraught with danger. But let's look at likely/possible scenario for the end of this season and its possible consequences for next.

This season
Liverpool win the league.
City fail to win CL.
We move into new stadium and finish top 4.
OGS does enough to get man u job.

Close season we sign for instance the lad Fekir and say grey from Leicester.
Hazard leaves Chelsea.

Next season
Liverpool are dead on their feet, when did a team last defend the league successfully.
Pep really has to focus on CL.
OGS finds out what it really means to be man utd manager.
Chelsea have sold their best player.
Trying to be semi serious here so won't mention arsenal.
With the feel good factor of the new stadium I would say that for the first time we are serious title contenders.

All total pie in the sky stuff of course, but you can see why people get carried away.
Would be fun to revisit this this time next year.

Why do we have to choose?
We don’t HAVE to. But when Poch doesn’t include players like Rose or Eriksen against Palace and we go out of the FA cup it comes up as a issue of what matters to us as fans and what matters to the club as their priority.

Back