1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Mauricio Pochettino

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by DubaiSpur, 27 May 2014.

1. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Steffen Iversen

I’m confident he will leave during the summer. Either pushed or by his own choice.

2. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Les Ferdinand

We will rally to get 5th in the league and might even lose gallantly as far as the semis of the European cup. But we wont win anything for about 5 more years till we are settled in the new stadium and on a more equal financial footing. We will probably be on our second post poch manager by then as well.

Everyone seems to think he will be a success post Tottenham. Maybe he will do what some ex players have done and struggle. If he goes to Madrid and does not win the league, which is difficult even with all their money cos of A.Madrid and Barca and the European cup is actually quite difficult. How long would he last there with their fans without winning something.

The Man U job looks to have gone. He could do a Redknapp and flirt for another job and it could have gone....

3. Legohamster

Legohamster Chris Armstrong

The Squad he had in the second to last/last season at the lane should really have won something.

I dont think he will be a shoe in success elsewhere, I think he found a perfect club at the right time in Spurs and vice versa.

Last edited: 9 Mar 2019
    Mikey10 and Danishfurniturelover like this.
  4. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

Hey!
    Are we going for Ole now?

:cool:

Legohamster and galeforce like this.
  5. galeforce

galeforce Garth Crooks

Squad management has been poor, there was little rotation before Christmas and we wasted far too many minutes on the domestic cups.

He got us into three title challenges, but he’s not blameless in our exit from them.

6. Danishfurniturelover

Scott Parker and Arteta are being lined up I have been told.

StephenH likes this.
  7. the dza

the dza Paul Robinson

I think Poch's great, hope he stays.

BUT

If he goes, who would you want us to get, ideally?

For me, it'd be Simeone. Yes, sh1t football...but I think two things would happen. 1. We'd win something. 2. We'd never lose to Arsenal again.

Mikey10 likes this.
  8. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steve Carr

Hush your filthy, kissable mouth!

the dza likes this.
  9. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Steve Hodge

Holy crap. I’m speechless at some of the stuff I’m reading. It’s taken four games for some people to start looking to another manager.

We need to do everything to hold on to this guy and give him the tools to build on his work and rebuild a side that’s probably on the verge of breaking up a bit (Eriksen, Toby, Dembele, Jan getting older etc). But he’s 400% earned that entitlement as far as I’m concerned.

10. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Paul Robinson

So looks like a 'christmas tree formation' PL finishes under Poch is coming up:(

I think we will get a clue as to who is regarded as responsible in the close season:

If we finish 5th because Levy did the things that Levy is (in)famous for (i.e. dithering with transfers that were attainable if acting quicker, trying to haggle down a fee at the last minute after it being agreed prior etc etc) then i think Poch will walk; if we finish 5th and actually in January/The Summer Poch was offered what are deemed (by Levy et al) good options to bolster the squad going forward into the season/run-in and Poch turned them down, then i think he will get the sack...

One way or another if we finish 5th, we will know why...

Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  11. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steve Carr

There are some prime snowflakes on here. Poch is the best we’ve had in decades (apart from Tim Sherwood) and hopefully will stay for many more years to come.

12. Robspur12

Robspur12 Dean Austin

We are not out of the top 4 yet and in the quarter finals of Champs league. Yet fans are saying we need a change of manager? Jesus wept. I bet we will be firing when we return. We are struggling with confidence and have lost a bit of rhythm but In Poch I trust.

13. glorygloryeze

Why does anyone think we will firing when we return? Have people forgotten the Burnley game, plus the fact that most of our squad are likely to be involved in internationals?
    I think the recent downturn is bigger than just loss of form/confidence...

galeforce likes this.
  14. Robspur12

Robspur12 Dean Austin

Dele back; Harry back; players rested. Poch will give them a rocket. Lots to still play for, perhaps players thought top 4 was sewn up. I have a feeling we will see a different Spurs after the break.

thfcsteff likes this.
  15. the dza

the dza Paul Robinson

Speaking for myself, I hope he stays -- but we are still allowed to talk about the possibilities, right? Doesn't mean I want him to go. But what if he does?

Danishfurniturelover and Mikey10 like this.
  16. galeforce

galeforce Garth Crooks

I’m not at the point of wanting him out, but I’m bloody annoyed we’ve not fixed the drop off in form at a crucial time again.

17. Mikey10

Mikey10 Allan Nielsen

This.

18. glorygloryeze

How many rockets has Poch given them over the last 2 weeks or so then; why will it suddenly work now?
    Perhaps our squad is simply spent? If we can't 'rouse ourselves' for Burnley, Chelsea or today (some would argue Arsenal, but tbf to Arsenal they played us well), how the hell are we going to away at Anfield?

19. Danishfurniturelover

He is gone, you can see it in the eyes. He wants a new start.

20. Danishfurniturelover

I dont want him sacked or to leave. But the is a sense with how he talks and the change in personality he needs a change of scenery.

21. glorygloryeze

Perhaps the plaudits that Ole is getting at Manure isn't helping his mood as well. How galling it must feel to have Manure breathing down our necks and now almost neck-and-neck...