• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Backing or no backing its very difficult to compete against a state backed club that has blatantly looked to take the tinkle out of ffp.

Considering the resources he has had to work with compared to rivals, poch has done incredible things.

Yet I fear our manager and even top class players lack the will to win with no nouse between the ears to get over the line when it matters.

We have a brilliant young manager and players and I hope they have the hunger to learn from mistakes.

Backing or no backing its very difficult to compete against a state backed club that has blatantly looked to take the tinkle out of ffp.

Considering the resources he has had to work with compared to rivals, poch has done incredible things.

Yet I fear our manager and even top class players lack the will to win with no nouse between the ears to get over the line when it matters.

We have a brilliant young manager and players and I hope they have the hunger to learn from mistakes.

I think ourselves and Liverpool have done well to compete with Emirates Marketing Project. I’m not sure either team has the know how to win trophies despite having top players. I don’t think Liverpool will win through league as they seem to lose their nerve when it really matters. I do think they will run Emirates Marketing Project close though.

Same applies to us in the big moments. We’ve done great against Barca and Chelsea. We just need to do the dame at the business end of the season. i actually think wednesday is a massive game as we need to get silverware under our belts and we’d be one step closer to that if we beat scum.

Poch will be under the greatest pressure from Levy to maintain our UCL status, considering the years of financial restraints we will most certainly have to endure because of funding our new home this is absolutely vital to us, much as it was to the other lot down the road a few years ago.

And this is catch 22 for me because I feel our manager and squad is more than capable of winning a league or fa cup but short in quality and depth when it comes to winning the league...yes I know Leicester...but maybe that was a one in a million event.

So poch will prioritise the big trophies...league and UCL which I fear we are always destined to fall short in. Know that I dream to be proved wrong in this.

I always feared we would become the new Arsenal...content to consistently finish top 4...nothing I have seen or felt recently has turned me from those thoughts.

FFS.....he was given carte blanche (and why wouldn't he be) to do whatever he wanted with the team or squad..that included selling players an outsider might think was questionable.

He was given license to spend every single penny he raised, which would have been £150+M ....that is backing (ie hardly any manager has this freedom) the manager.

Because the sales couldn't be achieved was not Poch or Levy's fault....if it was, we'd of heard about it.

Poch will be under the greatest pressure from Levy to maintain our UCL status, considering the years of financial restraints we will most certainly have to endure because of funding our new home this is absolutely vital to us, much as it was to the other lot down the road a few years ago.

And this is catch 22 for me because I feel our manager and squad is more than capable of winning a league or fa cup but short in quality and depth when it comes to winning the league...yes I know Leicester...but maybe that was a one in a million event.

So poch will prioritise the big trophies...league and UCL which I fear we are always destined to fall short in. Know that I dream to be proved wrong in this.

I always feared we would become the new Arsenal...content to consistently finish top 4...nothing I have seen or felt recently has turned me from those thoughts.

Arsenal failed because they had no other ambition (at board level) and Wenger became obsessed with a "way to play" vs. final result.

Poch/Levy/Spurs are very different, Levy has proven that we are willing to invest in a future (our Stadium will be able to bring in the 2nd highest revenue in the PL, training ground, etc.), Poch is not here to settle for top 4, and while he has some principles, he isn't stuck on a single way to play.

We are playing a rigged game, no question, and we must always temper our results against the fact that City, Maunre & Pool significantly outspend us. No amount of "wishing" or nonsense about "winning mentality" changes the fact that the team currently 6th (I believe in United) has at least 3 or 4 players over 50M and stupid wages to match.

I still can't understand Spurs fans who have followed this club for any length of time who think "well all we do is qualify for CL" at this point, the last 12-15 years have been a consistent upward progression

I've started spreading rumours that Utd are interested in making Klopp their next manager. Shut some Liverpool fans up quickly when they realised there's a much chance of him going there as Poch.

FFS.....he was given carte blanche (and why wouldn't he be) to do whatever he wanted with the team or squad..that included selling players an outsider might think was questionable.

He was given license to spend every single penny he raised, which would have been £150+M ....that is backing (ie hardly any manager has this freedom) the manager.

Because the sales couldn't be achieved was not Poch or Levy's fault....if it was, we'd of heard about it.

Bingo, but that will not those who believe Levy is the problem no matter that Poch as on more then one occasion denied it.

Arsenal failed because they had no other ambition (at board level) and Wenger became obsessed with a "way to play" vs. final result.

Poch/Levy/Spurs are very different, Levy has proven that we are willing to invest in a future (our Stadium will be able to bring in the 2nd highest revenue in the PL, training ground, etc.), Poch is not here to settle for top 4, and while he has some principles, he isn't stuck on a single way to play.

We are playing a rigged game, no question, and we must always temper our results against the fact that City, Maunre & Pool significantly outspend us. No amount of "wishing" or nonsense about "winning meteorology" changes the fact that the team currently 6th (I believe in United) has at least 3 or 4 players over 50M and stupid wages to match.

I still can't understand Spurs fans who have followed this club for any length of time who think "well all we do is qualify for CL" at this point, the last 12-15 years have been a consistent upward progression
I think @nayimfromthehalfwayline and I concluded that just a good shirt deal would pay for the stadium (Inc interest) on its own.

Plus we have a manager who sometimes needs money and sometimes doesn't....it more depends if suitable players are available.

I think @nayimfromthehalfwayline and I concluded that just a good shirt deal would pay for the stadium (Inc interest) on its own.

Plus we have a manager who sometimes needs money and sometimes doesn't....it more depends if suitable players are available.

Possibly. But of course, if its going into the stadium its not going into other expenses, so there is loss somewhere.

That being said, I dont imagine itll be the dramatic hit to the finances many predict

He’s definitely gonna be top of their list (or ought to be), but that contract he signed in the summer should help us, he’ll be seriously expensive.

All the United fans I know want poch but only one thinks they would get him
In their own words... it’s a huge rebuilding job, the club has no clue from top to bottom, the atmosphere is clearly poison, however consensus in has to deal with aging brick like Smalling who have long contracts ....

They don’t see an up and coming manager being mad enough to take it

Personally I am preparing for him leaving, I'm not falling into the whole will they / won't they gonad*s, not this time.

Back