• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44541927

Kane said he received a surprise message from Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino before the the Tunisia game.

"Poch texted me, and after as well. He sent a lot of love hearts and said 'Come on England'," said Kane.

"He is rooting for me. He is not just my boss; he is my mate. He is the manager, but he is a friend as well."

:D
Their auras are mates too.

2010 if I remember correctly,although the old grey matter is starting to fade.

2013, we played well but missed so many chances ( nothing new in that), it did not help that AVB left Defoe on the bench and played Dempsey as our main striker. I always hated going up there to many neanderthal man live there.

2010 if I remember correctly,although the old grey matter is starting to fade.

Wasn't 2010, we beat them up there in a replay on a freezing & snowy January night. Nearly got called off as I recall.

2013, we played well but missed so many chances ( nothing new in that), it did not help that AVB left Defoe on the bench and played Dempsey as our main striker. I always hated going up there to many neanderthal man live there.

Now this definitely chimes with the 2010 game...

I

I only remember as we went up for the replay and it was horrible getting back to the car , very menacing in the back steets around the ground, Leeds fans waiting to pounce.

Yep, and after the old bill had held us inside the ground for the best part of half an hour too IIRC. Wasn't a pleasant experience. Think I heard they were out for revenge after our firm had done something similar at the first game.

I'm not sure Poch's current way of working is suitable to the international game. Maybe it would work for him in a fair few years time but right now he seems to need the time to mould the players he has at his disposal and he just wouldn't get that.

Plus I think that the Argentina squad will go through a huge changing of the guard over the next couple of years and there doesn't seem to be an ubundance of promising youth players out there for them at the moment.

Taking the job now would be akin to when Moyes took the Utd job, IMO - in other words whomever takes it will be on a hiding to nothing. Not a good career move for Poch right now.

Back