• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

You do say our model is to sell, we didn't want to sell modric, Carrick, berbatov or bale and those are the type of players we need to keep.
Selling them isn't our model, it's a consequence of our model.
I said our model is to 'sell experienced players and replace them with young players with potential'. What part of that do you disagree with?

I actually havent advocated anything. Im just saying if we really want to push for trophies we will have to invest a bit more intensely, the route we are going down will only get you so far. I have never said we should do this or that. I think Levy is clever enough to find a way to loosen the purse strings in the new stadium without having to do a Leeds Utd as you put it....
What are we waiting for?

I said our model is to 'sell experienced players and replace them with young players with potential'. What part of that do you disagree with?
It is framed as if we are actively selling those players, we aren't.
Yes we are replacing superstars with 'lesser' players but that's not the model.
The sales are forced upon us and we can't afford to pay fees or wages to replace them like for like.

It is framed as if we are actively selling those players, we aren't.
Yes we are replacing superstars with 'lesser' players but that's not the model.
The sales are forced upon us and we can't afford to pay fees or wages to replace them like for like.
I dont know anyone who thinks we are selling these players because we want to to be fair. Im happy with the way we operate, like I say just have to accept that realistically we will need to invest a little heavier to win trophies. All in my humble opinion of course....

I dont know anyone who thinks we are selling these players because we want to to be fair. Im happy with the way we operate, like I say just have to accept that realistically we will need to invest a little heavier to win trophies. All in my humble opinion of course....

I'm happy too with how we operate. I wish we could keep the bale and modric level players, but I'm realistic.
There's nothing wrong with moving players along to keep things fresh and people on their toes, just wish we could choose and not have it forced on us.

I'm happy too with how we operate. I wish we could keep the bale and modric level players, but I'm realistic.
There's nothing wrong with moving players along to keep things fresh and people on their toes, just wish we could choose and not have it forced on us.
Yes nothing wrong with moving our players along, just wish it wasnt always our best ones....

I haven't been following the stadium development thread too closely, but do you know how the stadium was financed? The reason i ask is be cause we're all looking forward to loads a dosh coming in and it will. But how must of that increased revenue will be invested (wages/transfer fees) in the playing squad vs the stadium? It might be several years before we truly see the benefit of increased revenues.

It’s debt funded

I’d assume we have a repayment plan in place as you would expect but I’d also expect the significant increase in revenue to be reinvested too (£80m per annum minimum)

The most we have ever spent on a player is around 35mill which is far lower than the 5 teams around us and even Everton have spent more and yet we are sucessful to a point.We've climbed most of the mountain hopefully the extra money from the stadium will take us over the top.

Poch is a GHod in my eyes but I don’t buy that his leaving will cause the Spurs world to fall apart. He’ll go at some point, but we are now a seriously attractive proposition and all sorts of big names and up and coming managerial stars would be banging down Levy’s office door in the new stadium.

I hope that doesn’t happen for a while yet though.

I have never thought of it that way but what you say is a good point, like you i do not want Poch to leave but our status right now should/would be a magnet for top managers looking for a good job.

Thanks for posting this. A sensible assessment of what progress is from a pro (not a fan). And for those who doubted we were beaten by a team with far better resources I the FA Cup compare the net spend to us and Manure.

Yup, Strachan and Wright are both 100% right.

Any lingering complaints are embarrassing. The man has been a miracle.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I’d recommend this week’s Spurs Show podcast - it’s an excellent listen post semi-final. One person putting forward the theory that Spurs as a club - board, managers, players, fans - is a place at which losing is accepted in a way that it is not at any of the other top six clubs. Another contributor saying that we continue to overachieve. It’s well worth half an hour of your time.

I’d recommend this week’s Spurs Show podcast - it’s an excellent listen post semi-final. One person putting forward the theory that Spurs as a club - board, managers, players, fans - is a place at which losing is accepted in a way that it is not at any of the other top six clubs. Another contributor saying that we continue to overachieve. It’s well worth half an hour of your time.

Might do mate, but I get tired of the "we accept losing in a way others don't" narrative. In the last three seasons that is patently not the case. Anyone who thought Poch doesn't care about the cups should've noted his reaction to Saturday and his silence since. In fact,the last time I remember such silence after disappointment was post Newcash thrashing at the end of the season a couple back. He does not like losing. Those players do not like losing. He knows we need two to three in our squad who will be instant game changers and final pieces.

I can hear the collective moans of some here (not you per se mate) but right now we need to show this squad, and this manager, that we believe, storm our final four games and make a genuine fudging statement. Again, I hope 80,000 get to Wembley for Watford and I hope the manager hears his name sung by every single Spurs voice there!

I listened to it earlier - the moany git lost all credibility when he said he would not have been happy, if at the start of the season he was told we'd finish top 4, semis of FA Cup, Beat Real Arse Pool Cheatski etc etc... what a windup merchant.
He said he could tell none of the players truly wanted it, that nobody made runs because they didn't care, Poch didn't care, something really bad is afoot, either Poch or a key player is leaving, blah blah blah... Jesus, what a negative troll he was.

Back