• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Our fan base comes over as being quite fragile and thier enthusiasm is easily undermined by the relentless media speculation and campaigning. Like with “no wins in 8 consecutive semifinals” that one really reminded many of the bad old days.
That really hit the spot and all the recent stride forward just desolved.

I don’t think he’ll go but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. Also, Poch has caused this with his comments at the weekend. If he’s staying, he’s got to come out in his next press conference and explain what he meant.

Unless he states unequivocally that he’s going nowhere, we’re in for a few months of this.
Maybe he will create a siege mentality with all this trophy/leaving BS to build up the aura of the club.

I’d be surprised too but you can’t blame the media for speculating on a story that was handed to them, unprompted, by Pochettino. He can kill this quickly if he wants.

We are very reliant with keeping Pochettino for moral purposes.
This is something that as club we must change. It makes us vulnerable putting so much importance on any manager.
They all move on and thier absolutely nothing tha fans can do.
Chelsea as a club have done a brilliant job in this respect and I hope Levy will be thinking in this direction.

We are very reliant with keeping Pochettino for moral purposes.
This is something that as club we must change. It makes us vulnerable putting so much importance on any manager.
They all move on and thier absolutely nothing tha fans can do.
Chelsea as a club have done a brilliant job in this respect and I hope Levy will be thinking in this direction.

That’s our model though in my opinion. For us to continue to challenge on a budget, we need some unique advantage to keep us up there. We’re banking on this manager staying because he and continuity are that advantage. Otherwise it probably falls apart. It’s a risky model.

Chelsea have been fine because every new manager has gotten a fortune to spend and could bring in the players he wanted.

Ditto with City although they’ll probably keep Guardiola long term if he wants to stay.

That’s our model though in my opinion. For us to continue to challenge on a budget, we need some unique advantage to keep us up there. We’re banking on this manager staying because he and continuity are that advantage. Otherwise it probably falls apart. It’s a risky model.

Chelsea have been fine because every new manager has gotten a fortune to spend and could bring in the players he wanted.

Ditto with City although they’ll probably keep Guardiola long term if he wants to stay.

Thats great and in theory and it’s what we have to do, but as we all know it’s doent work like that.. eg Poch’s comments above.
He will be leaving at some point and it hangs like the sword of Damocles over us and leaves exposed and vulnerable
We must try and move away from our need for a messiah.

Thats great and in theory and it’s what we have to do, but as we all know it’s doent work like that.. eg Poch’s comments above.
He will be leaving at some point and it hangs like the sword of Damocles over us and leaves exposed and vulnerable
We must try and move away from our need for a messiah.

We just need a very...............

I agree but in the absence of Levy changing his spending habits, how do we do it?

I’m not sure there is another way.

Indeed, Poch is the key. Long as he stays were ok because he’s made sure no matter what players are missing our system is still the same and we aren’t reliant on any one single player (as long as Eriksen doesn’t count:D)

There are much better ways of creating a siege mentality than implying you could leave surely....
The 'Poch is leaving' rumour has been around for a while now, so hopefully he's stoking something that is already there. Obviously he could tell the press to fcuk off and that he's with us for the long term. but whom knows what his aura desires...

Indeed, Poch is the key. Long as he stays were ok because he’s made sure no matter what players are missing our system is still the same and we aren’t reliant on any one single player (as long as Eriksen doesn’t count:D)

Agreed. While I don’t think he can completely cover for losing top players (like Toby and Walker), I do think he can keep us as strong contenders for top 4 more often than not even with a certain amount of player turnover.

Lose Poch, Levy fails to loosen the purse strings considerably and we’re potentially in a similar situation to the AVB/Tactics Tim period.

I agree but in the absence of Levy changing his spending habits, how do we do it?

I’m not sure there is another way.
Levy’s spending habits really aren’t that bad. I remember seeing a stat a few months ago that we spent a higher percentage of our turnover on wages than Man Utd do. So as we generate more income I’d imagine our expenditure will increase to closer to some of the others....

Levy’s spending habits really aren’t that bad. I remember seeing a stat a few months ago that we spent a higher percentage of our turnover on wages than Man Utd do. So as we generate more income I’d imagine our expenditure will increase to closer to some of the others....

I think Levy is great. He’s done brilliantly for the club but he has a decision to make now.

Our wages to turnover ratio is similar to City and United (just shy of 50%). But they have much, much higher turnover so their actual
wages blow us out of the water.

Clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton have a much higher wages to turnover ratio (nearly 70% if I recall correctly). Levy will raise wages naturally because we have more money but the question is will he increase the ratio. If he doesn’t, we could still be miles behind the others which always leaves us open to players going elsewhere.

I think Levy is great. He’s done brilliantly for the club but he has a decision to make now.

Our wages to turnover ratio is similar to City and United (just shy of 50%). But they have much, much higher turnover so their actual
wages blow us out of the water.

Clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton have a much higher wages to turnover ratio (nearly 70% if I recall correctly). Levy will raise wages naturally because we have more money but the question is will he increase the ratio. If he doesn’t, we could still be miles behind the others which always leaves us open to players going elsewhere.
I know Utd and City’s wages blow us out of the water but my point was to highlight Levy isn’t being tight and offers decent wages considering the amount of turnover we are currently generating. At the end of the day unless we get an oil tycoon type we will always be open to players leaving, we just have to hope our differential of a real tight squad who have been growing together is enough to keep the majority for a good few years yet. We will lose a couple that we do t want to along the way, but hopefully the nucleus will remain strong....

I don’t believe Poch wants to leave I don’t believe Levy will want to let him go.
Yet...something just feels very unsettling at the moment. Hopefully it’s just the emotional aftermath of Saturday which is running far deeper than I had ever imagined it would.
Forget Toby, Kane, Eriksen, Dele - above everything else I want to hear that Poch has agreed a new contract.

Our fan base comes over as being quite fragile and thier enthusiasm is easily undermined by the relentless media speculation and campaigning. Like with “no wins in 8 consecutive semifinals” that one really reminded many of the bad old days.
That really hit the spot and all the recent stride forward just desolved.
They never made anything of the fact we'd won the previous seven consecutive SFs and then gone on to win all but one of the following finals.

Funny that.

Back