• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Not bad mate thank you a few scares but everything seems ok at the moment.

What's changed around here in the last 2 years??

My tuppence is if you remember the 90s as a Spurs fan then Saturday won't hurt as much as if you don't!

Same old same old, a few of the posters seem to dislike Trump and Brexit, few of the others some how managed to get their birds pregnant. Which I actually think is kind of sweet if a little scary.

Football wise we seem pretty happy on the whole but people get upset when we lose semi finals to better teams with more money. Personally the matches at Wembley in champs league were amazing and will live with me for the rest of my life.

Oh P.S. if Aurier dies in a hit it was probably me as I absolutely hate him.

Same old same old, a few of the posters seem to dislike Trump and Brexit, few of the others some how managed to get their birds pregnant. Which I actually think is kind of sweet if a little scary.

Football wise we seem pretty happy on the whole but people get upset when we lose semi finals to better teams with more money. Personally the matches at Wembley in champs league were amazing and will live with me for the rest of my life.

Oh P.S. if Aurier dies in a hit it was probably me as I absolutely hate him.

Like from “football”

My concern with aurier isn’t the bran farts as their less and less. It isn’t his lack of genuine real pace... it’s his inability to pass in the final third. It’s shockingly bad and on par with sissoko

Aurier and Sissoko..,.over 50 mill right there, wasted. Just goes to show it's not spending money that makes a difference, it's who you spend it on

Bran can have that effect!;)

He has as you say no real pace

Joys of typing whilst trying to get a little one to sleep

With aurier he has made arguably no more mistakes than walker has this season but his get singled out more

The throw in fiasco was comedy gold as it was double standards across the board by the officials

But unless he learns to pass or cross his attacking threat is not food enough

Aurier and Sissoko..,.over 50 mill right there, wasted. Just goes to show it's not spending money that makes a difference, it's who you spend it on

Difference also is who will come to us. We are always searching around that 2nd tier due to wages etc. The example I would give is Giroud, (no chance of us ever getting him for obvs reasoning) - but even putting that to one side he would always choose Chelsea and £120k per week. He was £18m. We signed Jansen for more and Llorente for £12m.

The really good bargains (I uses the work bargain loosely) will always end up with the top teams due to them flexing their wage muscles. Think Mane, Salah etc.

Okay, maybe I'm reading too much into this but I'm slightly worried by the tone of Poch's words in this presser. He starts off talking about "us" but from about halfway in constantly refers only to "Tottenham" and "the club" almost as though he is starting to believe his future lies elsewhere.

"To create that winning mentality I think Tottenham need more time, of course with me or with another, but I think it's so important to keep going, in focusing, developing that philosophy that is fantastic for the club."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-alderweireld-dembele-kane-alli-a8319536.html.

Last edited:
The media noise is starting to ramp up. Just heard John Giles and Didi Hamann talking about us saying that Poch will want to win things and our model is unsustainable - he’s taken this group as far as they can go (as opposed to “taken them as far as he can”).

There are a few “Poch to Madrid” articles also doing the rounds today.

I’d still be surprised if Poch has decided he’s out and put it out there in this way only because of how he criticized Walker in his book. His next press conference will be very interesting though.

The media can fudge off. I urge all Spurs fans to stop reading and taking in their narrative. As a fan, I think this season's been brilliant - I've had the opportunity to watch us beat Real, Dortmund, Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Chelsea, and go toe to toe with Juventus. And with CL again next year, in the new stadium, I back us to make further progress - with Poch at the helm.

I'm fudging sick of pundits and journalists effectively encouraging every successful manager and player to leave their club and join one of the doped and/or super rich clubs asap. fudge off and suck a dingdong, you simple-minded classless clams.

The media can fudge off. I urge all Spurs fans to stop reading and taking in their narrative. As a fan, I think this season's been brilliant - I've had the opportunity to watch us beat Real, Dortmund, Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Chelsea, and go toe to toe with Juventus. And with CL again next year, in the new stadium, I back us to make further progress - with Poch at the helm.

I'm fudging sick of pundits and journalists effectively encouraging every successful manager and player to leave their club and join one of the doped and/or super rich clubs asap. fudge off and suck a dingdong, you simple-minded classless clams.

I don’t think he’ll go but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. Also, Poch has caused this with his comments at the weekend. If he’s staying, he’s got to come out in his next press conference and explain what he meant.

Unless he states unequivocally that he’s going nowhere, we’re in for a few months of this.

Can't see it personally - why would he be fudging around with Alderweireld if he wasn't thinking long term?

Back