• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

So you think we would have beaten City over two legs? Liverpool still have a pedigree in tournaments, we dont....
I dunno, maybe. Did you think Liverpool would beat them? Did you think Roma would beat Barcelona? Who had the pedigree in that one?

I said similar a couple of seasons ago and got shouted down by some, we are now two seasons on and we are still saying/thinking we are getting closer to winning. Players WILL not stick around IF we keep failing to win a trophy, look at Eriksen he is good enough to play for ANY club and sooner or later one of those BIG clubs will come in for him ( and in all honesty i would not/ could not blame him if he decided he wants medals to show for his talent.

Agree its as simple as that really.

Hence my saying we/they need to develop a winners mentality and they will ONLY get that by winning something.
According to some on here we have a winning mentality, it just seems to conveniently disappear whenever we are on the cusp of actually winning something. Even the quotes from Poch and Kane since the game allude to it not being there.....

According to some on here we have a winning mentality, it just seems to conveniently disappear whenever we are on the cusp of actually winning something. Even the quotes from Poch and Kane since the game allude to it not being there.....

It's because it's only one factor of many - it won't get you there on it's own...

It's because it's only one factor of many - it won't get you there on it's own...

Of course, but its what we are lacking more then anything. We have talented players, we have a GHod team ethic, we have a top manager ( or so we are lead to believe). What we need to do is NOW prove we can win something as a team.

Until we do that we can not say we have a winners mentality, although some consider us to have that.

I dunno, maybe. Did you think Liverpool would beat them? Did you think Roma would beat Barcelona? Who had the pedigree in that one?
I thought Liverpool game was toss of a coin tbf, the Barcelona one no of course not. I get that underdogs can win a tie,but for me we need to win a domestic trophy before we can think about winning CL. I still think despite having a strong mentality we still lack that little bit of belief when it comes to the crunch and it’s not just going to magically appear for us to win the CL- I think a domestic trophy needs to come first before we think about winning CL....

I thought Liverpool game was toss of a coin tbf, the Barcelona one no of course not. I get that underdogs can win a tie,but for me we need to win a domestic trophy before we can think about winning CL. I still think despite having a strong mentality we still lack that little bit of belief when it comes to the crunch and it’s not just going to magically appear for us to win the CL- I think a domestic trophy needs to come first before we think about winning CL....

It’ll be interesting to see if Liverpool do it this year because that could blow your theory out of the water. They don’t really have players who have won big trophies.

I think a lot of this stuff is in our heads and we’re allowing the common narrative to get in on us. “Spurs haven’t won a semifinal since 1991”. fudge me, Erik Thorstvedt was our keeper in 1993 and Klinsmann our centre forward in 1995. They’re old enough to be Harry Kane’s dad so what happened 20-25 years ago shouldn’t affect our players but it feels like the media narrative, the public perception and the weight of history is too much for our players to handle.

It’ll be interesting to see if Liverpool do it this year because that could blow your theory out of the water. They don’t really have players who have won big trophies.

I think a lot of this stuff is in our heads and we’re allowing the common narrative to get in on us. “Spurs haven’t won a semifinal since 1991”. fudge me, Erik Thorstvedt was our keeper in 1993 and Klinsmann our centre forward in 1995. They’re old enough to be Harry Kane’s dad so what happened 20-25 years ago shouldn’t affect our players but it feels like the media narrative, the public perception and the weight of history is too much for our players to handle.

Fair comments about Pool
It’s why I think they may get to the final and then crumble under be scouse expectations

Milner has won the league hasn’t he at City... beyond that can’t think of anyone else in their team who has won anything of note. And Plopp has a horrendous cup final record

Yeah, I hope Liverpool do win it and show us it can be done....

Fair comments about Pool
It’s why I think they may get to the final and then crumble under be scouse expectations

Milner has won the league hasn’t he at City... beyond that can’t think of anyone else in their team who has won anything of note. And Plopp has a horrendous cup final record
Indeed, we are similar to Liverpool in a lot of ways....

Back