• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Bring back the good times, please.

Echoed!.... He wasn't my first choice, but I will get behind him (as I do all our mangers) and hope more than anything that he proves me wrong.

Now Levy - please give him the tools and, just as importantly, the time to do his job and turn us into a real force befitting of our great club.

Not my first choice but could be very good for us! Good luck to him! I'll be right behind him and support him to the hilt!

BoqDK6gIgAEJc3H.jpg

article-2098771-09A86851000005DC-363_634x418.jpg

BoqDG6BCAAIpmtY.jpg

The Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Mauricio Pochettino as our new Head Coach on a five-year contract.

Mauricio joins us from Southampton where he guided them to their highest-ever Premier League finish of eighth place last season.

During his 18 months at St Mary's, Mauricio also oversaw the progress of home-grown stars such as Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana, James Ward-Prowse and Calum Chambers.

Mauricio built his coaching reputation in Spain with RCD Espanyol, winning admirers across Europe for his high pressing attacking brand of football as well as for prioritising the development of young players from the side's youth setup before his departure in November, 2012 after almost four years in charge.

Mauricio enjoyed a highly successful playing career, making his debut in 1988 with Argentinian side Newell's Old Boys at the age of 16 and winning the Argentine Primera División with them in 1991. Two spells at Espanyol followed from 1994, sandwiched between time with Paris Saint-Germain and Bordeaux. He won two Copa del Rey titles with Espanyol and also earned 20 international caps with Argentina.

Commenting on the appointment Chairman Daniel Levy said:

"In Mauricio I believe we have a Head Coach who, with his high energy, attacking football, will embrace the style of play we associate with our Club. He has a proven ability to develop each player as an individual, whilst building great team spirit and a winning mentality.

"We have a talented squad that Mauricio is excited to be coaching next season."

Speaking on his appointment, Mauricio Pochettino said:

"This is a Club with tremendous history and prestige and I am honoured to have been given this opportunity to be its Head Coach.

"There is an abundance of top-class talent at the Club and I am looking forward to starting work with the squad.

"Tottenham Hotspur has a huge following across the world and I have great admiration for the passion the fans show for this team. We are determined to give the supporters the kind of attacking football and success that we are all looking to achieve."

Mauricio is joined by Jesús Pérez (Assistant Head Coach), Miguel D'Agostino (First Team Coach) and Toni Jiménez (Goalkeeper Coach) with whom he previously worked at both Southampton and Espanyol.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/mauricio-pochettino-appointed-new-head-coach-270514/

Here we go again. Unproven manager, has never won anything. Not cheap either and wont be given any time to build.

Whats the point?

Echoed!.... He wasn't my first choice, but I will get behind him (as I do all our mangers) and hope more than anything that he proves me wrong.

Now Levy - please give him the tools and, just as importantly, the time to do his job and turn us into a real force befitting of our great club.

We need this, more than ever. Like it or not, AVB's appointment carried with it a lot of the pro/anti-Harry fallout. That can't happen again with MoPo. He's going to have a toughter time of it than FdB or Rafa, because of his lack of success thus far: ergo, he requires as much support as we can give him.

Levy's done his bit with a five-year contract. Baldini will presumably do his bit with a few good players here and there. We need to do ours as well.

Poch:

"This is Club with tremendous history and prestige and I am honoured to have been given this opportunity to be its Head Coach."

"There is an abundance of top-class talent at the Club and I am looking forward to starting work with the squad."

"Tottenham Hotspur has a huge following across the world and I have great admiration for passion the fans show for this team."

"We are determined to give the supporters the kind of attacking football and success that we are all looking to achieve."

Levy:

"In Mauricio we have Head Coach who, with high energy, attacking football, will embrace style of play we associate with our Club."

"He has a proven ability to develop each player as an individual, whilst building great team spirit and a winning mentality."

Mauricio is joined by Pérez (Assistant) D'Agostino (First Team Coach) and Jiménez (Goalkeeper Coach)

I think its a scandalous appointment and he will be sacked around Christmas.

Unless his five-year contract has a get-out-of-jail clause like Pardew's in it, I'd suggest that's impossible: the payout would be massive. He's staying around for a while. How you react to that fact is up to you. I hope you'll make the right decision.

"He needs time to gel with the players"

Just getting that chessnut out the way, before serious relegation fears.

I think its a scandalous appointment and he will be sacked around Christmas.

Really? Scandalous? Really?

Do you really think football is all about bringing a guy in who's won trophies somewhere else and expecting it to translate here? I think that approach is doomed to failure, because it's all about making the right appointment for the club, based on the circumstances we have to give them.

We need attacking, fast paced football otherwise the home atmosphere turns toxic. Poch provides this. We need him to demonstrate an ability to work with what he has and bring players up a level. His work with Southampton shows he can do this. We need him to trust in the youth players that we have coming through. Poch has proven he does this.

All of this, combined with the fact that he plays a modern brand of football entirely in keeping with the trends of the modern game, suggests to me that he's the perfect fit. I can't see a negative right now to be honest. I think it's a fantastic appointment.

Welcome Poch. I hope that ALL the fans can get behind yourself and the team. I'm looking forward to seeing us play attacking attractive football again and I sure have missed it.

wasn't my first choice but i have no complaints, there was no stand out likely candidate this time around imo

fingers crossed he does the business

Back