• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

I'm still perplexed at Poch declaring he would have left Spurs if he had won the CL. Genuinely not able to provide any reasons in favour of that being a productive thing to say in an interview given that we had lost it.

Maybe he was just being honest. Winning the cl with spurs would be it. Job done. Find the next challenge.

Sometimes it's ok if a manager says the truth rather than worry about upsetting fans feelings.

Do find it funny a month ago we were talking of how poch is unhappy about not being in charge of transfers. Bet he would suck leonardos dingdong now.

I think he was burnt out after the CL nail biting QF and CFs. Then Kane's injury and another end of season collapse looming added even more pressure.

What I am curious about is how well his relationship with Levy is going.
I am under the perception that Levy slave-drove him to the limit with limited resources afforded. If Levy really cared for him he would be worried about his, mental health and wellbeing.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Maybe he was just being honest. Winning the cl with spurs would be it. Job done. Find the next challenge.

Sometimes it's ok if a manager says the truth rather than worry about upsetting fans feelings.

Not looking to belittle what he did for the club but to me if that's the case it's a shame that we come across as a stepping stone rather than a chance of building a dynasty..Honesty is one thing but I do think knowing your gaffe would have done one if you'd have actually won a final, amongst other things, maybe didn't help the vibe at the time and alas things didn't pick up again.

It might not seem it from my nitpicking here but I do like Poch a lot, it's just hard to really get behind the plucky underdogs of Paris. It does seem like a bit of a lose / lose situation given the nature of the project but given the overhaul, the new 1st choice players could get potentially get them over the line CL wise if they gel.

Anything less than an undefeated season would be a failure.

He's got a whole new kind of pressure now, this season determines if he's a manager for elite clubs or just good ones.

He's going to be expected to walk everything domestically and really anything short of another CL final is a failure ..

And any success will be overlooked as, well he should have with that team.
And rightly so.
Not sure it will sit happily with poch, but there you go.

Anything less than an undefeated season would be a failure.

He'll be judged on the Champions League that's for sure. Anything less than a domestic double would be a disaster.

I think with that front three plus Di Maria there isn't a lot of pressing/tracking back. Paredes, Verrati etc will have their work cut out against good teams.

Not looking to belittle what he did for the club but to me if that's the case it's a shame that we come across as a stepping stone rather than a chance of building a dynasty..Honesty is one thing but I do think knowing your gaffe would have done one if you'd have actually won a final, amongst other things, maybe didn't help the vibe at the time and alas things didn't pick up again.

It might not seem it from my nitpicking here but I do like Poch a lot, it's just hard to really get behind the plucky underdogs of Paris. It does seem like a bit of a lose / lose situation given the nature of the project but given the overhaul, the new 1st choice players could get potentially get them over the line CL wise if they gel.
I think he was trying to say - if I took Brentford all the way up the league and won the CL with my budget of twenty pence, I would consider it "DONE" and would want a new challenge e.g. ping pong or Man Utd or whatever - but his English is not perfect. Nor is my Spanish.

He's got a whole new kind of pressure now, this season determines if he's a manager for elite clubs or just good ones.

He's going to be expected to walk everything domestically and really anything short of another CL final is a failure ..

Worth noting who was beside Messi in all press photos.
I think the PSG is as much mega-star babysitting as anything else. I do wonder how he will handle them all.

Worth noting who was beside Messi in all press photos.
I think the PSG is as much mega-star babysitting as anything else. I do wonder how he will handle them all.

Tough gig, he has some advantage with the countryman thing, but it's a nightmare with Naymar, Mbappe, Messi and a chairman that's clearly got his own agenda and can't shut his fudging mouth.

Wish him all the luck, unfortunately it's probably one of those gigs where success will be a year or two at best, at worst it falls apart immediately.

Tough gig, he has some advantage with the countryman thing, but it's a nightmare with Naymar, Mbappe, Messi and a chairman that's clearly got his own agenda and can't shut his fudging mouth.

Wish him all the luck, unfortunately it's probably one of those gigs where success will be a year or two at best, at worst it falls apart immediately.

I totally agree.
He is absolutely onto a no-winner there.
I always felt one weakness he had was not having a ‘general around (I have banged on about 2018 and how I think we should should’ve got Alves that summer - might’ve been 2017 but the point remains) as he has always had an aversion (it appears) to those characters being ‘imported with age’…don’t forget, aside from the players you mention, there is also Sergio Ramos!!!!
It has become a prospective nightmare hasn’t it…

I totally agree.
I always felt one weakness he had was not having a ‘general around (I have banged on about 2018 and how I think we should should’ve got Alves that summer - might’ve been 2017 but the point remains) as he has always had an aversion (it appears) to those characters being ‘imported with age’…don’t forget, aside from the players you mention, there is also Sergio Ramos!!!!
Should buy Kante

I totally agree.

Ramos is perfect, as professional a player as you will find, Poch should make him captain and commander of the dark arts.

Agreed. I just wonder how the chemistry will be with Neymar and Messi.

Weren’t they brilliant together at Barca? This is a tough one for Poch because expectations are almost unrealistic but he has all the tools here to dominate. From Wimmer and N’jie to Messi and Ramos.

Back