• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

I think levys methods can take us further, what I'm not sure about is if Levy is in a fit state to do it.
Most agreed poch was burnt out and needed a break, well that is the way Levy is beginning to look to me.
The two or three years have all the hallmarks of someone overworked and losing focus.
He's been under huge strain, the stadium, poch, covid, Jose, our form, search for dof, manager, Harry Kane. And that's all we know about.
Has to take a toll.

That is a good point you make and one i have not considered until now.

I think levys methods can take us further, what I'm not sure about is if Levy is in a fit state to do it.
Most agreed poch was burnt out and needed a break, well that is the way Levy is beginning to look to me.
The two or three years have all the hallmarks of someone overworked and losing focus.
He's been under huge strain, the stadium, poch, covid, Jose, our form, search for dof, manager, Harry Kane. And that's all we know about.
Has to take a toll.
And to top it all off Simon Bamber died last month, who I gather had worked alongside Levy for 2 decades.

Has to take a toll.

Top top point.

@milo I think maybe THIS is the elephant in the room.

Has his wife not also fought illness for years?

Has to take a toll.
Great point. Add ESL to that list too.

Has to take a toll.
Maybe that was the logic for bringing Trevor Birch in, albeit it didn't work out

I love poch, I wouldn't have sacked him, he earned the right to try to turn it around baring a relegation battle. But I have a problem with people sh iting on Levy. He has done more for Spurs then poch did. The poch times were great and I long for them... but the early Jol years were great as well, so were the Rednapp years... the common denominator is Levy. We were mid table at best before he arrived, just as I haven't forgotten poch I haven't forgotten what Levy has done for us either.
Sacking all three of them?

If so then he needs to be replaced. He earns a top half FTSE 100 CEO salary so we should be able to bring in somebody just as qualified for the role.

Not an excuse but a possible reason. The biggest issue is he is the best CEO in football. What he isn't is even close to the best when it comes to actual football operations. If he delegates that properly and faithfully, all good.

Not an excuse but a possible reason. The biggest issue is he is the best CEO in football. What he isn't is even close to the best when it comes to actual football operations. If he delegates that properly and faithfully, all good.
If he delegates the football side of things then we might as well get in an actual CEO from big business seeing as we pay a rate commensurate with the top 50 CEOs on the FTSE 100. We could spend no more money in remuneration and get a better CEO.

That'd be just the one year option that we knew about then. Not exactly pen to paper on a bumper new deal or anything, is it?

Back