• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

So indeed Poch did substitute Di Maria with the score at 1-1 in a game PSG eventually lost 2-1. PSG Sporting Director Leonardo had been called by the head of PSG security who had been contacted by Di Maria's family. Leonardo then called to Poch, and after a brief discussion, the substitution was made.
Good for PSG.'
Good for Poch.
Smart too. If we were to take the Scara School of Management, and not tell the player/sub him after his wife had contacted the club scared, that is one very tinkled off player you're dealing with for the foreseeable future.
THIS is the RIGHT way to run your team.

Interesting to see where PSG are in the French title race right now.

So indeed Poch did substitute Di Maria with the score at 1-1 in a game PSG eventually lost 2-1. PSG Sporting Director Leonardo had been called by the head of PSG security who had been contacted by Di Maria's family. Leonardo then called to Poch, and after a brief discussion, the substitution was made.
Good for PSG.'
Good for Poch.
Smart too. If we were to take the Scara School of Management, and not tell the player/sub him after his wife had contacted the club scared, that is one very tinkled off player you're dealing with for the foreseeable future.
THIS is the RIGHT way to run your team.

Interesting to see where PSG are in the French title race right now.
I'm not suggesting Porch waits for someone else to tell him - he should do that himself.

But he should wait until after the match.

If I were a player and that was withheld from me then I would be fuming. If I was treated with respect and informed then I would run through proverbial brick walls for the manager from then on. I think Scara forgets that the players in the dressing room also tend to be friends and ostracizing one or more of them is likely to be extremely counter productive in terms of future performances.

If I were a player and that was withheld from me then I would be fuming. If I was treated with respect and informed then I would run through proverbial brick walls for the manager from then on. I think Scara forgets that the players in the dressing room also tend to be friends and ostracizing one or more of them is likely to be extremely counter productive in terms of future performances.

Please. Such logic -not to mention decency- is for losers.:rolleyes:

If I were one of the other players I'd be tinkled off that our chances of winning had been dramatically reduced by a player leaving for something he could do nothing to stop.

If I were one of the other players I'd be tinkled off that our chances of winning had been dramatically reduced by a player leaving for something he could do nothing to stop.

Hahahaha...right. Stop "what"? The action ? Obviously. Stop his family from freaking out a bit more? Certainly. That his wife called security services tells you she was freaked out. Had anyone failed to relay the message, it could've impacted all sorts of things from his relationship with the club to his relationship with his wife. MOST other players would empathize. Given that you have often expressed exasperation at that specific "e" word, this becomes a matter of people not logic.

Hahahaha...right. Stop "what"? The action ? Obviously. Stop his family from freaking out a bit more? Certainly. That his wife called security services tells you she was freaked out. Had anyone failed to relay the message, it could've impacted all sorts of things from his relationship with the club to his relationship with his wife. MOST other players would empathize. Given that you have often expressed exasperation at that specific "e" word, this becomes a matter of people not logic.
Send a car/heli for the family, have them there for the end of the match.

But keep the players focused

Actually I think you'll find that a HUGE percentage of footballers would put their family ahead of a game of football. I think most players in a team would respect the manager for informing one of their teammates that their family was in a terrible situation and allowing him to go and deal with that.

Actually I think you'll find that a HUGE percentage of footballers would put their family ahead of a game of football. I think most players in a team would respect the manager for informing one of their teammates that their family was in a terrible situation and allowing him to go and deal with that.

Whisper it...but "maybe" this is why the smartest, most handsome, classiest and just plain damn BEST person on GG has never been approached to manage PSG (or anyone for that matter)...:D

Send a car/heli for the family, have them there for the end of the match.

But keep the players focused

Right.
Sorry you just got burgled whilst at home, now double-quick, toss a few things in a bag and we'll bring you to the stadium? House? Naaaah, no worries love, it'll be fine...

Cannot see it happening.

And the rest are winners.

Back