• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Not sure don’t follow him that closely.
Ok
I always think when people compare Jose and pep Jose can always point to winning things with a side that wasn’t the richest in the land/world and pep just hasn’t done that
Pep will depart city with a crazy number of league titles but until he actually builds a side that will always be against him
Be very interesting to see what Poch does this season.

Ok
I always think when people compare Jose and pep Jose can always point to winning things with a side that wasn’t the richest in the land/world and pep just hasn’t done that
Pep will depart city with a crazy number of league titles but until he actually builds a side that will always be against him
Be very interesting to see what Poch does this season.
I think it is horses for courses. Both are great managers. Jose seems to be dropping off from his previous high level (sadly for us), Pep seems to be maintaining the same high standards. What Pep achieved at Barcelona was exceptional just ask Alex Ferguson. Similarly Jose achieved exceptional things at Porto. I don’t think we should really try to denigrate either.
I think this season is too early to judge Poch, he is inheriting a troubled club. I will be interested to see where he is next season when he has had time to work with the team.

Last edited:
I think it is horses for courses. Both are great managers. Jose seems to be dropping off from his previous high level (sadly for us), Pep seems to be maintaining the same high standards. What Pep achieved at Barcelona was exceptional just ask Alex Ferguson. Similarly Jose achieved exceptional things at Porto. I don’t think we should really try to denigrate either.
I think this season is too early to judge Poch, he is inheriting a troubled club. I will be interested to see where he is next season when he has had time to work with the team.
As I say I’d be interested to see Pep do it without spending
That would be a test

Well, well, well. Is our man Mauricio soon to be out of a job?

Would we even want this loser back now?! Of course we would. We're that desperate to get out of being apathetical about Spurs.

Ahh, no thanks ..

The fudging guy left the side in a death spiral, milked the club for every cent of his contract, pushed Dembele out of the side, disillusioned several senior players, effectively lost us Eriksen, brick the bed in the one game that mattered and people want him back?

But hey, he's a nicer guy than Jose ..

Ahh, no thanks ..

The fudging guy left the side in a death spiral, milked the club for every cent of his contract, pushed Dembele out of the side, disillusioned several senior players, effectively lost us Eriksen, brick the bed in the one game that mattered and people want him back?

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a...

Ahh, no thanks ..

I find it genuinely bizarre that you're so critical of people who are critical of Mourinho, and make frequent references to other posters being hysterical and over the top, but then write hyperbolic posts like that about Pochettino.

Last edited:
I find it genuinely bizarre that you're so critical of people who are critical of Mourinho, and make frequent references to other posters being hysterical and over the top, but then write hyperbolic posts like that about Pochettino.

I'm not critical of people who are critical of Jose, tactics, style of play or results (those are real things)
- I'm critical of starting a conversation with Dinosaur, can't coach, is horrible human being, we have no tactics, stuff that is basically name calling.

Lets talk about Poch, He wanted out, probably before the CL final, if he had walked I'd be a lot more sympathetic to him, instead (facts, not name calling)

- He stayed until we had to fire him, which was extra 3+ months of death spiral (continuing from previous season)
- He pushed Dembele out (go read Dembele's interview after leaving, he wanted to stay but his body couldn't handle Poch's training sessions)
- He spent the run up to CL Final creating confusion with his perhaps I leave after this instead of prepping team appropriately. This plus Dembele (see above) combined with the fact that Klopp in contrast was paying a Spanish side to play like Spurs shows why we brick the bed
- If he had resigned after CL final we could have addressed the Eriksen, Jan, Toby situations with a new manager and a pre-season
- He took his full pay-out for him and staff by forcing the fire which is absolutely his choice but lets not pretend it didn't hurt the club financially

Honestly it doesn't take away from his achievements, but it certainly gives me nothing to want him back because for all his claim of love for Spurs, he fudged us on the way out.

I'm not critical of people who are critical of Jose, tactics, style of play or results (those are real things)
- I'm critical of starting a conversation with Dinosaur, can't coach, is horrible human being, we have no tactics, stuff that is basically name calling.

Lets talk about Poch, He wanted out, probably before the CL final, if he had walked I'd be a lot more sympathetic to him, instead (facts, not name calling)

- He stayed until we had to fire him, which was extra 3+ months of death spiral (continuing from previous season)
- He pushed Dembele out (go read Dembele's interview after leaving, he wanted to stay but his body couldn't handle Poch's training sessions)
- He spent the run up to CL Final creating confusion with his perhaps I leave after this instead of prepping team appropriately. This plus Dembele (see above) combined with the fact that Klopp in contrast was paying a Spanish side to play like Spurs shows why we brick the bed
- If he had resigned after CL final we could have addressed the Eriksen, Jan, Toby situations with a new manager and a pre-season
- He took his full pay-out for him and staff by forcing the fire which is absolutely his choice but lets not pretend it didn't hurt the club financially

Honestly it doesn't take away from his achievements, but it certainly gives me nothing to want him back because for all his claim of love for Spurs, he fudged us on the way out.

Fair enough, I just felt that your initial language was similarly hyperbolic ('death spiral', 'milked the club', 'brick the bed', 'the one game that mattered' etc).

But thanks for taking the time to explain your criticisms in more detail.

- I agree that his talk of leaving in the lead-up to the CL final was poor. Though I think it was clearly his frustration at the transfer constraints boiling over, and I can forgive him for that given everything he'd achieved for us previously. And you can't criticise him for the final whilst giving him no credit for getting us to the final in the first place (with a midfield of Winks and Sissoko, and an injured Kane for the QF and SF).
- I can't read the full Dembele article as it's behind a paywall, but given that he ended up in China for £11m, it sounds like his body just sadly wasn't up to playing at the top level anymore (rather than being 'pushed out' by Poch)
- The rest of your points all relate to Poch resigning at the end of the season rather than staying on and then getting fired - a rather high bar that virtually no manager meets, so seems an odd criticism to me.

Anyway I'm not particularly interested in debating Poch at length - I just found myself here whilst trying to procrastinate at work, and couldn't help but point out what seemed to me like hypocritically hyperbolic tone.

Ahh, no thanks ..

Your posts now make sense to me. [emoji28]

Fair enough, I just felt that your initial language was similarly hyperbolic ('death spiral', 'milked the club', 'brick the bed', 'the one game that mattered' etc).

But thanks for taking the time to explain your criticisms in more detail.

- I agree that his talk of leaving in the lead-up to the CL final was poor. Though I think it was clearly his frustration at the transfer constraints boiling over, and I can forgive him for that given everything he'd achieved for us previously. And you can't criticise him for the final whilst giving him no credit for getting us to the final in the first place (with a midfield of Winks and Sissoko, and an injured Kane for the QF and SF).
- I can't read the full Dembele article as it's behind a paywall, but given that he ended up in China for £11m, it sounds like his body just sadly wasn't up to playing at the top level anymore (rather than being 'pushed out' by Poch)
- The rest of your points all relate to Poch resigning at the end of the season rather than staying on and then getting fired - a rather high bar that virtually no manager meets, so seems an odd criticism to me.

Anyway I'm not particularly interested in debating Poch at length - I just found myself here whilst trying to procrastinate at work, and couldn't help but point out what seemed to me like hypocritically hyperbolic tone.

Fair enough .. the Poch thing has been done to death ..

Back