• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Thank You

I would be surprised if the senior players who knew him well like Harry and Eric didn't go and see him.
Who said anything about 'his' players hating him?

They both said basically all players went to visit. Many GGers over various Poch threads have said it was clear by the lack of social media response that he hadn't left a good impression.

Utter nonsense as usual of course, no one has a clue what goes on behind closed doors.

I am all for change and to freshen things up and it is clear that Poch knew which players were starting to become toxic within the ranks and not pulling their weight and wanted them shot knowing they didn't want to fight for the team or him anymore.

I blame the players for seeing the demise. If Levy had got shot of the players in the summer I am sure Poch would have continued to build again. The only thing I thought was negative about Poch was that he started moaning and mouthing off far too much. He just couldn't help himself at times. The dagger for me was his threat to quit if we had won the CL. Did himself no favours in harmonising the bad situation.

However he has earned the right to be classed as a club legend already as what he achieved was short of a miracle.

Why, we sacked him.
Look at Jose, I will never manage tottenham, until no one else offers me a job for almost a year.

But that's Mourinho, a sly little fox of a scumbag. Poch is a good guy. The fans loved him. He got sacked by the board, not by the fans. If he joins Scum ... jesus, he's going to tinkle on his reputation over here. I don't think for a second he will join them though, but if he does ... it's obviously not going to go down too well with our fans.

It feels like he is very hurt. I suspect he is having a hard time even seeing our name right now. For him, this is a divorce/dumping that will take a long time to recover from.

He is a great guy from what I have seen/IMO, and this is a very typical response given how he is an emotional man. I wish him the best of the best...

I'm not so sure he is tinkled off.

Clearly he will be upset and hurt that it ended this way, but he will also be aware that we'd reached the end of a cycle. His comments about quitting if we won the CL and about new projects suggests he recognised this. With a bit of time and retrospect, he might end up with a similar feeling about the club as Jol, whose sacking was handled far worse. He must know that the sacking was not about thinking he was no longer up to the job. His reputation was not in question.

We also don't know the background to the sacking. Some reports say he and Levy met and Levy wanted him to resign. It's possible that they agreed that time was up and Poch didn't want to miss out on full compensation for his team. A sacking also means he could avoid signing conditions about working for rivals.

Back