• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Thank You

Whilst I understand the decision to replace him this was a big part of the root cause imo:
His players tired of his quest to wring more out of them — five seasons of force-feeding his squad positivity turned Pochettino’s hungry lions into foie gras geese. But he had sold his cult of improvement so convincingly that Daniel Levy decided he could operate without reinforcements.

All good. Opinions are just that. I absolutely have been in quite a place with several things TBH. But I feel it is very important to say that in this specific situation, TRUE empathy would’ve been to read what I wrote and perhaps think, “ah well, when the daft sod comes around he’ll see it was all a bit emotional for him” and have simply left it - especially as it was a general (and not specific) observation. I personally don’t think empathy is expressed in your last sentence. In any shape whatsoever.
It appears you simply took it personally IMO.

I did not. And I have displayed that very empathy you think I lack a many number of times.

Enough times that I eventually felt it better to say something, rather than continue to watch you double down on your message further.

I did not. And I have displayed that very empathy you think I lack a many number of times.

Enough times that I eventually felt it better to say something, rather than continue to watch you double down on your message further.

So sorry mate. How could I possibly have thought otherwise. My bad. My fault. I should’ve known better than to even consider questioning you.

Whilst I understand the decision to replace him this was a big part of the root cause imo:
His players tired of his quest to wring more out of them — five seasons of force-feeding his squad positivity turned Pochettino’s hungry lions into foie gras geese. But he had sold his cult of improvement so convincingly that Daniel Levy decided he could operate without reinforcements.

Indeed. I thought it articulated matters at a finite level. Possibly the definitive piece on this entire tawdry debacle.

It has proven beyond divisive even within the football world, where many see it as at best a gamble and at worst a 180 in club philosophy. Fascinating.
Still, here we are and forwards we must go.

Back