• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Thank You

Team captain Lloris is silent as well ! I think most of the players must be too worried about their future under Mourinho to think about Pochettino now. Or maybe they feel guilty about letting Pochettino down with their poor performances this season.
Hugo can’t type
He is left handed and he hurt that arm and it’s immobilised
He needs a robot to do it for him

I have tried to think of what I can say...I wrote a lot in the immediate aftermath, but have struggled since...so a few things...

1) This man made me believe in our club as MY club, and our journey as OUR journey TOGETHER like no-one else. Martin got close, Burky was wonderful but different...Pochettino was our spiritual leader. He had us all together. The pride I felt going to games with him leading us was immense.

2) This man made me fall in love with our ethos again in a way I didn't think would happen again (I had hoped it would come with Glenn but it didn't).

3) He spoke of things that some here have mercilessly slagged and taken the tinkle out of. What I have come to realize -both with his presence at the club, his final months and the last 48 hours- is that there are two types of supporter. Those who feel that football is not just a business but also something which thrives on humanity and empathy, and those who view it simply as a business. I am not judging. If anyone is offended by this comment, then that is on them and their perspective. I think it is the truth.

I will miss Mauricio Pochettino's skill, charm, personality, humanity, empathy and unique club-building talents so much. It will take me a long time to adjust. I have experienced moments of sheer, electric joy like no other with this man in charge, and I will still never, ever EVER forget Madrid before 9pm, the fact we were there and the fact I was there.

Thank you Mauricio for the memories, the wonderful memories, and all you built, including the sense of pride we had in this club... you were magic (and ARE magic) in these eyes, a special kind of magic that we will never see again.

https://www.facebook.com/#

As opposed to the avalanche of them around him? Please. He has said nothing. He has maintained a dignified silence and not got in the way of the shiny new steam train.
He’s saving it for his next book..

Lemons, Levy and me?

I’m grateful to Poch for so much, I’d had arguments in real life with my ST buddies about giving him more time and how we needed to be loyal.
I still believe he over achieved and his reward for over achievement was for Levy to expect more and more for less. The last window was too late to repair the damage caused between Poch and the squad, a year of no replacements, contract rebels and a few poor defensive signings who needed upgrading.
After the Sheffield United game I thought Poch’s time was up. My emotional commitment to him made me relax the view during the international break - I always feel the next game is the one where things can turn around but to be honest I was worried about the Spammers and it was starting to feel that any game could be the trigger for his dismissal. I think the players felt it and the fans too.

I’d Iiken it too:
We had a sickness and we could have stayed in bed to try and recover naturally, driven by the feeling that we had been supremely fit and hadn’t been ill for so long, also noting we had been demanding more from our body that was feasibly possible. We just needed to get back to treating ourselves properly instead of running off fumes.
However the action we have taken is to inject a drug that to give us an instant jolt to get us back on our feet quickly. The drug might even make us stronger than we were before but many of the previous documented cases of this drug use to come with a warning of the side effects.

In many ways if you think of Poch as a man we have done him a favour. He leaves with a stronger reputation than he arrived with and the timing of his sacking evokes sympathy from the outside - especially when the constraints he worked under are considered. This way he gets a rest and the opportunity to work with a bigger budget from the off, as opposed to trying to turn around a very difficult situation that he was emotionally invested in.

Last edited:
What I have come to realize -both with his presence at the club, his final months and the last 48 hours- is that there are two types of supporter. Those who feel that football is not just a business but also something which thrives on humanity and empathy, and those who view it simply as a business. I am not judging. If anyone is offended by this comment, then that is on them and their perspective. I think it is the truth.

You are judging, and have been rather a lot lately.

And, imo, your judgement is entirely flawed. Neither of your "two types of people", no matter how many times you throw it out, apply to me - for example.

Although, obviously, you consider yourself the first type. And my observation of that would be just how deeply you attached yourself and your feelings to Poch, as well as the club.

It explains a lot of your reaction, and I empathise, so I try not to cause upset.

But honestly Steff, all this almighty two types of people stuff needs to stop. Later on when you've calmed down I suspect you'll see it for as wrong and silly as it is, and regret it.

I’m grateful to Poch for so much, I’d had arguments in real life with my ST buddies about giving him more time and how we needed to be loyal.
I still believe he over achieved and his reward for over achievement was for Levy to expect more and more for less. The last window was too late to repair the damage caused between Poch and the squad, a year of no replacements, contract rebels and a few poor defensive signings who needed upgrading.
After the Sheffield United game I thought Poch’s time was up. My emotional commitment to him made me relax the view during the international break - I always feel the next game is the one where things can turn around but to be honest I was worried about the Spammers and it was starting to feel that any game could be the trigger for his dismissal. I think the players felt it and the fans too.

I’d Iiken it too:
We had a sickness and we could have stayed in bed to try and recover naturally, driven by the feeling that we had been supremely fit and hadn’t been ill for so long, also noting we had been demanding more from our body that was feasibly possible. We just needed to get back to treating ourselves properly instead of running off fumes.
However the action we have taken is to inject a drug that to give us an instant jolt to get us back on our feet quickly. The drug might even make us stronger than we were before but many of the previous documented cases of this drug use to come with a warning of the side effects.

In many ways if you think of Poch as a man we have done him a favour. He leaves with a stronger reputation than be arrived and the timing of his sacking evokes sympathy from the outside - especially when the constraints he worked under are considered. This way he gets a rest and the opportunity to work with a bigger budget from the off, as opposed to trying to turn around a very difficult situation that he was emotionally invested in.

Excellent post, this. That analogy covers most of it.

In many ways if you think of Poch as a man we have done him a favour. He leaves with a stronger reputation than be arrived and the timing of his sacking evokes sympathy from the outside - especially when the constraints he worked under are considered. This way he gets a rest and the opportunity to work with a bigger budget from the off, as opposed to trying to turn around a very difficult situation that he was emotionally invested in.

I think this is a point well worth reiterating.

For all that Poch has done for us, he has been a great beneficiary of the relationship as well.

His reputation today is 10x what it was at SCBC. As is his experience.

I think it bears remembering before people try to make him a martyr.

I am genuinely saddened it came to this, and ended this way. I'd love nothing more than for things to have been righted and we all carry on together.

But, I'm also under no illusions that this relationship was only ever serving one party.

Pochs next job will be a great one, and one he only gets for the opportunity he had here.

I was initially excited about JM, but can’t help but miss Poch today.

Whatever happens now won’t be as rewarding as if Poch turned it around - but I still feel he was ready to leave so ultimately left us with little choice considering how bad our form was.

Anyway, CoYS! Whilst I’m sad to see Poch go I will always support the shirt / gilet.

You are judging, and have been rather a lot lately.

And, imo, your judgement is entirely flawed. Neither of your "two types of people", no matter how many times you throw it out, apply to me - for example.

Although, obviously, you consider yourself the first type. And my observation of that would be just how deeply you attached yourself and your feelings to Poch, as well as the club.

It explains a lot of your reaction, and I empathise, so I try not to cause upset.

But honestly Steff, all this almighty two types of people stuff needs to stop. Later on when you've calmed down I suspect you'll see it for as wrong and silly as it is, and regret it.

All good. Opinions are just that. I absolutely have been in quite a place with several things TBH. But I feel it is very important to say that in this specific situation, TRUE empathy would’ve been to read what I wrote and perhaps think, “ah well, when the daft sod comes around he’ll see it was all a bit emotional for him” and have simply left it - especially as it was a general (and not specific) observation. I personally don’t think empathy is expressed in your last sentence. In any shape whatsoever.
It appears you simply took it personally IMO.

Back