• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Poch: "Stop asking me about transfers, I am not the one negotiating deals".

Journos: *proceed to ask several questions about transfers, many he's recently answered*

Fans: "He's leaving"

.. Come on guys. It's always the same suspects with this brick.

I think that’s a bit unfair.

He ended the season talking about leaving had we won the CL and now he’s started it by giving the press more rope.

He seems to be going out of his way to give the impression that he’s unsettled. I don’t care too much for all the hand-wringing (if he goes then he goes - although I hope he doesn’t - and we’d be an attractive proposition to most top managers in the world) but you’d have to be pretty naive to believe that all is rosy.

I think that’s a bit unfair.

He ended the season talking about leaving had we won the CL and now he’s started it by giving the press more rope.

He seems to be going out of his way to give the impression that he’s unsettled. I don’t care too much for all the hand-wringing (if he goes then he goes - although I hope he doesn’t - and we’d be an attractive proposition to most top managers in the world) but you’d have to be pretty naive to believe that all is rosy.

Fair point

Always the way when it comes to Poch on here. He’s the one person that no matter what he says there will be excuses made for his words. Whether it’s his English isn’t that good, he actually meant something different to what he actually said and is playing some super clever mind games or several other great excuses that have been made on here - it can never just be he’s in the wrong for certain things he’s said.....

Good post. His behaviour in press conferences at the minute is unprofessional and Levy should pull him on it. I don't buy that he has a problem with the press and that's causing it. Nothing he was asked today was unreasonable. When Fergie had a problem with the press, he let them know it and threatened them with no access. Same with other great managers. They don't talk brick about their club because they have a problem with the press. What Pochettino is doing is projecting a sense of disharmony at Spurs. He's an idiot if he's doing that for any other reason than he's got a problem with something behind the scenes. And the last thing I think Poch is is an idiot.

How many times have you pushed this agenda over the last five years? How long will it take for you to feel a bit silly about it? I'm guessing never.

What agenda? Poch leaving or Mourinho coming in? Either way there is no agenda from me :/

Journos: *proceed to ask several questions about transfers, many he's recently answered*

Fans: "He's leaving"

.. Come on guys. It's always the same suspects with this brick.

Journo: Erik Lamela looked very sharp in the first half, what did you make of his performance?

Poch: 2 minute long completely unnecessary angry rant about how journalists can't judge players.

Journo: Erik Lamela looked very sharp in the first half, what did you make of his performance?

Poch: 2 minute long completely unnecessary angry rant about how journalists can't judge players.

It's cumulative.

692SwQ0.jpg

Of course if you are a fair person you could also say that no matter what he says they are SOME on here who will find something to complain and worry about in what he says. :)
It’s more a question of why the need to constantly go on about these things to the press. You and others have constantly referenced Rose as someone who runs his mouth, honestly I’ve seen Poch do that far more in the media than Rose ever has yet he isn’t given the same allowances at all - so why the need to ‘complain and worry’ about what Rose says? He’s a great coach and human but that doesn’t make him immune from criticism and his constant suggestive negative comments aren’t helpful at all....

I think that he was trying to avoid getting drawn into discussions on outgoing transfers rather than showing frustration with incoming signings. It is no secret that we have a number of players that we are willing to let go, talking about that could be destabilising.

I am beginning to get irritated by this. It brings unnecessary attention to Spurs. We are in a tough position transfer wise. I thought Pochettino accepted that before joining.

I think it might reach a tipping point soon, Poch has driven us for the last 5 years but now he is maybe starting to become the story and that is sad.

In his defense, we have so far signed just 1 player to our first team squad in 3 transfer windows with just 9 days left in this window. Compared to last summer we have replaced Dembele but then lost our first choice right back and our back up striker. Maybe, just maybe Poch is upset that we have not done more business :)

I am beginning to get irritated by this. It brings unnecessary attention to Spurs. We are in a tough position transfer wise. I thought Pochettino accepted that before joining.

Maybe after last season he expected a greater financial commitment from the club, like I said above, so far we have signed just one player to our first team squad in 3 transfer windows (so far).

Just watched the full interview. My take....

1. He just does not want to talk about transfers at all in those pressers. It’s obviously complex and there’s little to be gained from doing so. He likely identifies his targets and Levy and co decide what package to offer. I would think this is common practice across most clubs. The issue at the moment is he is probably frustrated that we won’t go as high as he would like with fees and wages.

2. The Lamela question was telling. It’s almost as though he wants someone in that kind of position (Lo Celso) and really didn’t care for the journo pointing out Lamela had played well.

All in all, I was expecting something far angrier from what I read on Twitter. He’s obvs frustrated about lack of additional signings. I believe what irks him most is that he is judged alongside Pep, Klopp and co but he is operating in a completely different way.

Back