• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Jesus! Saying a manager is the third best on the planet is somehow slating him? Really? I get people are sensitive after the weekend as I am myself too and had a long journey home like many others but are get a fudging grip.

It’s okay dude.

My walk of atonement is coming up in due course...come join me for a leisurely stroll whilst gg members pelt us with pish and sheet, some well retunded middle age bloke will wave his meat an two veg at us and there should be a generous amount of phlegm for us to drown in into the bargain.

And maybe some custard.

Steff will be right behind us ringing the bell...

# shame

Jesus fudging christ!
Home less than 48 hours to all this.

Yes, it is a message board etc, but let me put this in language which might make sense.
When someone who was a great bloke but a heavy smoker dies of lung cancer, most people wait at least a week before lamenting (at length) how his smoking probably killed him, and instead CHOOSE to focus on the positive aspects of that person.

Mauricio Pochettino just enabled me to see my lifelong beloved Tottenham Hotspur in a Champions League Final. The first one ever. I got to experience one because of him! When we lost 4-0 to Liverpool under Sherwood five years ago, it was not even a legitimate dream.

He’s magic - you know!!!!!

I’ll be on in a bit to cheer u up lad.

It’s okay dude.

My walk of atonement is coming up in due course...come join me for a leisurely stroll whilst gg members pelt us with pish and sheet, some well retunded middle age bloke will wave his meat an two veg at us and there should be a generous amount of phlegm for us to drown in into the bargain.

And maybe some custard.

Steff will be right behind us ringing the bell...

# shame

I see.
I understand there are those who don’t necessarily believe in the bloke from here on out, what I asked was whether it was possible those thoughts could possibly be kept in for a while to allow the day to pass with celebration for making it rather than the questions right now. Alas it appears that is not a question to ask.

...never allow me to get in the way of martyrdom though mate.

And final words. Remember...
Terry Neil
G***** G*****
Christian Gross
Tim Sherwood

I see.
I understand there are those who don’t necessarily believe in the bloke from here on out, what I asked was whether it was possible those thoughts could possibly be kept in for a while to allow the day to pass with celebration for making it rather than the questions right now. Alas it appears that is not a question to ask.

...never allow me to get in the way of martyrdom though mate.

And final words. Remember...
Terry Neil
G***** G*****
Christian Gross
Tim Sherwood

Just a bit of tongue in cheek bud...

We shall compare and wave around our todgers for the baying crowd very soon I promise, once my 7 month daughter named mauricia finally decides to sleep.

I think I understand it. I don't like it and am sad/pitying for you that you can only see glory (and success) in the winning of a trophy.
It truly appears that you value winning the League Cup over getting to the final of the Champions League.

Also...define failure from your first sentence. Failure in the Champions League is crashing out at the group stages, having played poorly and maybe not even won a match. Failure is not as black and white as simply saying only the winner gets glory and every single other club failedequally, with no pride or glory or joy to be attained from whatever they did in the competition.

I'm also curious as to the disproportionate weighting you have given to the events at Burnley, which seem to outweigh damn near every other public act by Pochettino whilst at Spurs. What was so bad about Burnley that has caused you to suddenly tar him in such a way?

I owe you a reply long overdue.

I honestly don’t need pity, although it’s not lost on me your strong levels of empathy that is very much a credit to you.

Not so long ago I was very much like you, we had this conversation before obviously but I would like to make the following clear...

When we win and play well of course I enjoy it, despite what many people might think I have not morphed into some zombie like creature that will only crack a smile with the passing of trapped wind or if we win a trophy.

Maybe the reason I’m the way I am is because I did really love Poch and respect him and have enjoyed many many days under his tenure, but my worst fears about him surfaced big time this season.

Define failure, you know the answer because I gave it after the Ajax second leg. Failure is not winning anything since 2008...unlike, Wigan, Leicester, teams well out of our stratosphere.

Comparing this season to ‘game of thrones’ an incredible journey of so much promise with many high points yet the ending ultimately feels unsatisfying.

But to those who fudging had an amazing night after the Amsterdam comeback...good on you, let’s hope there are many more good times.

Poch and his behaviour up at turf moor upset me greatly because as you said it was out of character, it was like some horrible parody of the jezza Kyle show. We lost fair and square and played poop and all that was important was blaming the ref.

His behaviour let the club down that day.

Perspective, it’s the buzz word on here! I have misplaced mine apparently, because my attitude and views on winning titles is wrong...apparently...

So much so that even the most respectable posters on here namedrop me just so I can check my alerts to know they have mugged me off.

Ghod it lifts my tender heart so!

What I would very much like is someone to breakdown the points I made in both my long posts, 1 before the Ajax game and my post last night...minus even the best posters on here Just coming out with phrases like ‘lost perspective’ ‘best pound for pound manager’ ‘ungrateful swine’ ‘he’s magic’ and so on.

Why was it right not to strip Lloris of the captaincy after drink driving?

Am I wrong or has poch’s Media work Been exemplary this year?

Has our style of play progressed this season?

Does it really feel right to take a dump on Moura and play Kane in the final?

Do people really believe Poch hasn’t made mistakes this year?

I’m a reasonable guy and I’m happy for anyone to quote those posts and explain to me the error of my ways.

But yes ultimately clubs, managers, players, are all remembered for their achievements in the game, trophies...it is shallow I admit but I feel it’s the truth.

[QUOTE="Nigeyman, post: 1203819, member: 2197]

Football is about how you play, what you stand for and what you represent as much as it is “winning trophies.”

Chelsea? Please. Empty club. Souless.

I believe Poch is superb. He has changed everything about us.

Best we don’t talk about that club to much fella, robspur made an argument for continuity and that was my counter argument which I feel stands up well.

No doubt they are a basket case club and I agree with your general assessment, yet there fans have had many more special nights than us to enjoy.

I fudging hate that which is why going forward I would like us to be successful, so our fans can share glory and good times.

I owe you a reply long overdue.

I honestly don’t need pity, although it’s not lost on me your strong levels of empathy that is very much a credit to you.

Not so long ago I was very much like you, we had this conversation before obviously but I would like to make the following clear...

When we win and play well of course I enjoy it, despite what many people might think I have not morphed into some zombie like creature that will only crack a smile with the passing of trapped wind or if we win a trophy.

Maybe the reason I’m the way I am is because I did really love Poch and respect him and have enjoyed many many days under his tenure, but my worst fears about him surfaced big time this season.

Define failure, you know the answer because I gave it after the Ajax second leg. Failure is not winning anything since 2008...unlike, Wigan, Leicester, teams well out of our stratosphere.

Comparing this season to ‘game of thrones’ an incredible journey of so much promise with many high points yet the ending ultimately feels unsatisfying.

But to those who fudging had an amazing night after the Amsterdam comeback...good on you, let’s hope there are many more good times.

Poch and his behaviour up at turf moor upset me greatly because as you said it was out of character, it was like some horrible parody of the jezza Kyle show. We lost fair and square and played poop and all that was important was blaming the ref.

His behaviour let the club down that day.

Perspective, it’s the buzz word on here! I have misplaced mine apparently, because my attitude and views on winning titles is wrong...apparently...

So much so that even the most respectable posters on here namedrop me just so I can check my alerts to know they have mugged me off.

Ghod it lifts my tender heart so!

What I would very much like is someone to breakdown the points I made in both my long posts, 1 before the Ajax game and my post last night...minus even the best posters on here Just coming out with phrases like ‘lost perspective’ ‘best pound for pound manager’ ‘ungrateful swine’ ‘he’s magic’ and so on.

Why was it right not to strip Lloris of the captaincy after drink driving?

Am I wrong or has poch’s Media work Been exemplary this year?

Does it really feel right to take a dump on Moura and play Kane in the final?

Do people really believe Poch hasn’t made mistakes this year?

I’m a reasonable guy and I’m happy for anyone to quote those posts and explain to me the error of my ways.

But yes ultimately clubs, managers, players, are all remembered for their achievements in the game, trophies...it is shallow I admit but I feel it’s the truth.

In terms of your questions. With Hugo, I’d have stripped him I think. But he made one mistake like that in 5 years. Maybe Poch didn’t feel it was enough for such a punishment. Fergie never stripped Keane of the captaincy and he did some stupid brick.

His media work hasn’t been perfect but neither has that of any manager. Some strange utterances but nothing catastrophic.

Our style of play has been worse but he’s had to find a way to work around no signings, no Dembele and a bunch of injuries. He’s shown versatility in his tactics both in terms of our style and the changes he’s made mid game.

I can understand the Kane decision. He played, all things being equal, his best eleven. Maybe it proved wrong but I can understand the decision.

He’s made mistakes. Some big huge ones with bells on. But he got far more right and had us punching above our weight again.

Do you realize that Poch could have played Kane AND Moura in the same starting 11? Or was that not possible (please correct me if I'm wrong)?

Your not wrong. My point in my post last night was that playing a half baked Kane was wrong.

Not selecting a player who scored a hat trick in the semis feels wrong to me.

I’m not sure where this is going but yes in the realms of football possibilities he could have selected both but didn’t.

In terms of your questions. With Hugo, I’d have stripped him I think. But he made one mistake like that in 5 years. Maybe Poch didn’t feel it was enough for such a punishment. Fergie never stripped Keane of the captaincy and he did some stupid brick.

His media work hasn’t been perfect but neither has that of any manager. Some strange utterances but nothing catastrophic.

Our style of play has been worse but he’s had to find a way to work around no signings, no Dembele and a bunch of injuries. He’s shown versatility in his tactics both in terms of our style and the changes he’s made mid game.

I can understand the Kane decision. He played, all things being equal, his best eleven. Maybe it proved wrong but I can understand the decision.

He’s made mistakes. Some big huge ones with bells on. But he got far more right and had us punching above our weight again.

Thank you for that.

Thank you for that.

I also agree with you on the Burnley debacle. But he did come out and acknowledge he was wrong after. It was also out of character.

Fergie did far worse. Wenger too while Jose often went further. I think even Klopp and Pep have had their moments. At least Poch had the class to acknowledge he went too far.

I also agree with you on the Burnley debacle. But he did come out and acknowledge he was wrong after. It was also out of character.

Fergie did far worse. Wenger too while Jose often went further. I think even Klopp and Pep have had their moments. At least Poch had the class to acknowledge he went too far.

Again a good point very very well made.

I thank you because it’s nice not to feel completely stark raving bonkers.

@Nigeyman and @DeanoAustin why the over emphasis on Poch's behaviour after the Burmley match? Why is that a stick to beat him with @Nigeyman?

He wasn't blaming the loss on the ref at all. He was leaving the pitch after a disappointing result. Mike Dean allegedly made a throwaway comment and Poch reacted. Not a great look but to Poch's credit he apologized and took his punishment.

One thing about Poch which I really admire is the way he conducts himself. He doesn't go after referees or players unlike his rivals. His dignity and grace even when he must be tinkled off is something other managers should take note of.

@Nigeyman and @DeanoAustin why the over emphasis on Poch's behaviour after the Burmley match? Why is that a stick to beat him with @Nigeyman?

He wasn't blaming the loss on the ref at all. He was leaving the pitch after a disappointing result. Mike Dean allegedly made a throwaway comment and Poch reacted. Not a great look but to Poch's credit he apologized and took his punishment.

One thing about Poch which I really admire is the way he conducts himself. He doesn't go after referees or players unlike his rivals. His dignity and grace even when he must be tinkled off is something other managers should take note of.

No real over emphasis for me. I think he let himself down a bit but it wasn’t that big a deal particularly because of how he dealt with it.

But, from memory, he went to Dean over Dean’s performance and it was then that Dean allegedly made his comment.

Even if that was the case so what? He was tinkled obviously saw something he didn't like and went to speak to the ref. Doesn't mean he was blaming Dean for the loss. I have never seen Poch blame a ref for a defeat.

He reacted in a way he never has before. There was no need for it. It wasn’t a massive deal for me but it was unnecessary and out of character which is probably why he apologised afterwards.

Used to agree with that last paragraph prior to turf moor, it was perhaps the thing I admired most about him.

Poch walked to the centre circle rather than leaving the pitch didn’t he? In order to berate the ref over the giving of a corner which led to a goal.

It looked to me like he lost it because it was an important match, and for all our cleverness of switching positions and formations in game we were undone by 4 4 2 playing it into the channels.

Since that game and his behaviour I feel our league form aligned with performance has been pretty poor.

So that’s probably why I feel it’s relevant for me.

Why was it right not to strip Lloris of the captaincy after drink driving? Because he didn't want to hang a player who seems to have been an otherwise exemplary character over one stupid mistake. Who knows what conversations were had behind close doors or how much soul searching was done? Does it make wrong just because you don't agree with it? You don't have all the facts.

Am I wrong or has poch’s Media work Been exemplary this year? I don't pay too much attention to his media work. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't

No, because we haven't replaced Dembele. We have lost too many games. But it was still good enough though, despite injuries galore, playing at Wembley, dealing with hangovers from the World cup to finish 4th, get to the League cup semi and Champs league final. Not a bad return I would say.

Does it really feel right to take a dump on Moura and play Kane in the final? You play your best team. Kane has been consistently our main man and talisman for the last 4-5 seasons. If fit he starts. That is not dumping on Moura. He has to consistently play at a high standard to displace Kane or Son. Moura is aware of that.

Do people really believe Poch hasn’t made mistakes this year? He probably has. Every great manager makes mistakes every great player makes mistakes. So don't judge him game by game but rather by his overall achievements at the end of the season against the targets he was set at the start. He has got far more right than wrong.

Last edited:
Back