• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

the sad thing is that if Mourinho was in charge of us yesterday and Poch in charge of them we would have won 4-1 imo. We wouldnt have played the prettiest football but we would have just steamrollered all over them with the players we have compared to theirs

i still am trying to work out how we lost to a team with Valencia and Ashley Young as full backs, both 32 years old , both known as wingers, dross like Smalling and Jones at centre back, big inconsistent lumps in Pogba and Lukaku......seriously it was a WTF moment when the full time whistle went:confused:

this garbage of a team is second in the PL, and now into the FA cup final:eek:...........i detest the man but Mourinho just knows how to win these games

That IS an odd thing to say. He knows full well the media will be gunning for him after another "choke". why inflame it?

It's not the only odd thing he said, either. How on earth does he make the second half "even"? And the 1-1 at halftime wasn't "completely unfair", either. It might have been, if we hadn't contrived, when under hardly any pressure, to gift the other side a goal out of nothing. Got the ball under control and in no danger whatsoever? Spoon it into touch and hand them the momentum. Manage to recover from that? Here you are, have another go. Just like I don't know how many other Spurs sides going back decades, we shot ourselves in the foot (twice in the space of about 20 seconds) in a situation entirely of our own making. That's not "unfair", it's called screwing up basics. If you do a fart like that against top sides, you'll usually get punished, especially when you're only going to show up for the first quarter of the game. Sorry Poch, it doesn't quite wash this time.

Last edited:
the sad thing is that if Mourinho was in charge of us yesterday and Poch in charge of them we would have won 4-1 imo. We wouldnt have played the prettiest football but we would have just steamrollered all over them with the players we have compared to theirs

i still am trying to work out how we lost to a team with Valencia and Ashley Young as full backs, both 32 years old , both known as wingers, dross like Smalling and Jones at centre back, big inconsistent lumps in Pogba and Lukaku......seriously it was a WTF moment when the full time whistle went:confused:

this garbage of a team is second in the PL, and now into the FA cup final:eek:...........i detest the man but Mourinho just knows how to win these games

I don't think that is true. The difference yesterday was the players, not the managers. We've been on a little run of poor form and that continued into this game. The team that turned up won.

I don't think that is true. The difference yesterday was the players, not the managers. We've been on a little run of poor form and that continued into this game. The team that turned up won.

They lost to West Brom at home in our poor run...
surely the manager has to be accountable for the players attitudes and desire on the pitch

He has to lead the mind set change
He needs to get someone to help him who has won the big trophies

I think that the squad needs freshening up a little but my understanding is that Poch has been planning for this since before Christmas. I don't buy the proven winners line, Keane had won fudge all before joining Manchester United and it didn't hold him back. We need to sign the right players.

I think that the squad needs freshening up a little but my understanding is that Poch has been planning for this since before Christmas. I don't buy the proven winners line, Keane had won fudge all before joining Manchester United and it didn't hold him back. We need to sign the right players.
But Keane learnt odd others at united
It’s why ALL the pros talk about winning your first trophy being key
Agree we need a freshen up
If we sign a striker it HAS to be one that can play instead of Kane
We need to upgrade on payers like sissoko who are not match changers

They lost to West Brom at home in our poor run...
surely the manager has to be accountable for the players attitudes and desire on the pitch

There wasn't a problem with the players attitude or desire in the first twenty minutes. I know that people are hurting but I don't think reaching for easy answers is the right response. It was a close match, with two evenly matched sides. My biggest regret is that Kane is clearly still unfit.

I think you are doing Jose a disservice there, yes their players made the big plays at crucial points but his tactics and the way they have been coached to disrupt games stopped us bringing any concerted pressure in the second half, he’s a master of killing games and it only took him 20 odd mins to work us out yesterday. Obviously our lack of fitness played a part too.

One thing has changed recently, we used to be better in the second half of games, that’s no longer the case, is it just down to waning stamina or is something else going on?

I think you are doing Jose a disservice there, yes their players made the big plays at crucial points but his tactics and the way they have been coached to disrupt games stopped us bringing any concerted pressure in the second half, he’s a master of killing games and it only took him 20 odd mins to work us out yesterday. Obviously our lack of fitness played a part too.

Our lack of fitness? The players dont want to injure themselves before the World Cup. We saw this two seasons ago!!

I am very angry. IF anyone knows Poch, ask him why Harry Kane was on the pitch yesterday.

If Poch had started Llorente instead I'm pretty sure the 'WTF - why not start Kane even if not 100%?!?' meltdown would have been even bigger than the one still currently happening.

Hindsight is a great and terrible thing.

Like Chich.

Back