• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

What a man!
I know it's easy to say what fans want to hear and I'm normally pretty cynical. But I fully believe him when he talks about the importance of loyalty.
And I like his choice of words - he doesn't talk about if he 'leaves' Spurs, but rather if Levy 'sacks' him. Implication - he doesn't envisage leaving voluntarily. Ok ,I'm probably reading too much into that.
But you have to love the man.

Just seen the interview and the comment about Levy sacking him wasn't lost on me too, love it.

People get caught up in media, understandable especially with out past.

But the media now have limited sticks to poke us with, so they manufacture these stories.

Liking what he said in yesterday's press conference... an iron fist in a velvet glove...

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/swansea-v-spurs-mauricio-press-conference-030417/
What lessons have you learned from last season?
Mauricio: “We’ve talked a lot about last season and in football, it’s important to learn from good and bad experiences. For me, it’s easy to explain, it’s about mentality, it’s about never giving up, it’s about being concentrated until the end. Last season wasn’t a problem with physical condition, it was about us switching off in our minds after Chelsea and we conceded the second place to Arsenal. That’s what happened. We need to learn and to fight until the end. Football is about mentality and the energy in your mind, not only in your body.”

How do you now assess the title race after the weekend’s results?
Mauricio: “It’s true we reduced the gap by three points but it’s still a big gap, seven points is a massive difference. For us, it’s about being focused and try to win games. Our challenge is to win the next game and step by step, game by game, that’s most important for us, try to improve on last season, we are improving and to be consistent. There is still a lot of work to do and there is still a big gap with Chelsea.”

Liking what he said in yesterday's press conference... an iron fist in a velvet glove...

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/swansea-v-spurs-mauricio-press-conference-030417/

Our challenge is to win the next game and step by step, game by game, that’s most important for us, try to improve on last season, we are improving and to be consistent. There is still a lot of work to do and there is still a big gap with Chelsea.”

Man after my own heart, one game at a time win that and move on to the next one. And as i have said before we are not the finished articule and we still have work to do to become that.

Finishing second would not be failing mate, it will be the sign of further progress. False hopes did us in last season, we are not yet good enough to win the Prem ( imo) but we are getting there. :)

I thought second was just first of the losers? Or so you keep telling us :p

All I'm saying is its fine for the club to take that approach (1 game at a time) - in fact I'd encourage it, but supporters? Hell no, let yourself get excited about our chances - wheres the fun otherwise

Unfortunately the Wembley situation may cost us 4th or above next year.

I think the other 6 teams will strengthen massively. Everton could be a surprise next year also along with a resurgent Leicester.

Would the players hang around if we dropped out of the top 4 but played in the first season at the new stadium?

I think the other 6 teams will strengthen massively. Everton could be a surprise next year also along with a resurgent Leicester.

Would the players hang around if we dropped out of the top 4 but played in the first season at the new stadium?

Wouldn't worry seeing as we are winning the CL next season anyways :)

I suspect they would, if a) they get pay rises concurrent with our move into the new gaff, b) Poch sticks around up to that point, and c) they are tempted by the thought of being the first batch of Tottenham players to ply their trade in a brand-new, brilliantly cutting-edge 61,000-seat arena, which I suspect they will be. At least for the first season, before the novelty wears off.

Don't get me wrong, I do think we'll suffer some losses to this side before we're done paying off the new place, and I don't expect Alli, Dier, Toby or Eriksen to stay for *too* long - but I think we can manage to postpone their exits to 2019 and beyond if we play our cards right.

To be fair, we hear that story every year ...

Last year was our "one shot", no one gave us any chance of being second again at this stage (Pep, Mourinho, Klopp all with money to spend).

I think people vastly underestimate how well our club is being run on and off the pitch for the last few years.

Last year was our "one shot", no one gave us any chance of being second again at this stage (Pep, Mourinho, Klopp all with money to spend).

I think people vastly underestimate how well our club is being run on and off the pitch for the last few years.

All of which I agree but playing at Wembley has not been kind when playing as the "home" team

People say this every year. It rarely works out like that.

Mate...in all honesty, why are you not thinking about how this season might finish?
Isn't it a massive, massive waste of energy to worry about next season when this season is going so well all-told?

Mate...in all honesty, why are you not thinking about how this season might finish?
Isn't it a massive, massive waste of energy to worry about next season when this season is going so well all-told?

Correct but I'm always thinking ahead ... constant state of paranoia

A thousand percent

Everton need a huge overhaul and are just cantering as the best of the rest

United will improve but will still end up this season 10 points or more behind us and 20 ish off top

Arse we will never know...

City need a whole defence

Chelsea will have some comings and going buy will be there or thereabouts again

Pool will not (IMO) rectify their issues as they havent down now for years

Back