• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

That's a bit like saying "that was a great race because up until the last 100 yards you could have won it". You may be happy with nearly, I am not. I was brought up to believe that the only position is first, everything else is failure. Of course, I am realistic and don't expect Spurs to win everything, but I will not hail a manager as successful until he has won the club silverware. As much as I liked Arry I still don't consider him as successful. That said, he wasn't failure either, and at present that is exactly how I would describe Poch. Arry had potential until Levy got rid of him, I just have a feeling he will do the same with Poch if he doesn't win anything soon.

See, I'm a bit torn, because I largely agree with you that winning trophies is more important than consistently finishing 4th/3rd/2nd or whatever - however, I also think you're asking far too much of most of our managers by setting the bar that high. Fact is, we haven't actually won that much over the last three-odd decades - an FA Cup and two League Cups. So *expecting* that we win trophies (even if you don't think we should be winning everything) is a bit too much given that history and our painful climb from the dark days of the late 1990's and early 2000s.

For me, winning a trophy will put Poch ahead of Harry, wherever he finishes in the league. But the difference is, that doesn't mean I think Harry was unsuccessful - far, far from it. We're just not the sort of club that matches your apparent belief that the only positions that matters is 1st place - if we were, we wouldn't have managed just two 1st place finishes in a century and a quarter. Thus, incremental progress is desirable, and valued - and maybe a manager going trophyless but building a side capable of competing for trophies (as Harry did) is successful in his own way (as Harry most definitely f*cking was).

If 'the only position is 1st and everything else is failure' why are you crying about finishing third last season instead of second and why are you demanding 2nd this season?

If you think we can't win anything until Levy spends some money why are you demanding an FA Cup from the manager and placing the bar for success above what you think can be achieved without money?

You've hardly said anything on here so far and yet you've still managed to tie yourself in knots :confused:

That's just stupid. I don't want cancer, but it wouldn't stop me from referring to it.
'I just don't think you understand?'

try.........'We were already a good side before he took over, and well done to him for keeping us that way'

Anyone else on this forum would write that sentence that way.........completely counter-intuitive not to.

'I just don't think you understand?'

try.........'We were already a good side before he took over, and well done to him for keeping us that way'

Anyone else on this forum would write that sentence that way.........completely counter-intuitive not to.

But I'm not anyone else, I have a personality

If 'the only position is 1st and everything else is failure' why are you crying about finishing third last season instead of second and why are you demanding 2nd this season?

If you think we can't win anything until Levy spends some money why are you demanding an FA Cup from the manager and placing the bar for success above what you think can be achieved without money?

You've hardly said anything on here so far and yet you've still managed to tie yourself in knots :confused:

Your not reading my posts properly. Because we will not win the league this season doesn't mean I don't want 2nd position. There are different degrees of failure, as failure isn't black and white. Finishing 2nd would not make me happy, but I would be less unhappy than if we finished 3rd. If all the supporters are just happy with top four, top four is the best we will ever get. It's down to us lot to demand the earth for the price of our season tickets. Our average prices are the 2nd highest in the world (after Arsenal) yet it would appear so many on here are content on winning nothing, perhaps it's because most on here don't actually spend any money following Spurs. Look at that lot up the road. They have finished top four since the beginning of the prem, won the double, gone a season without losing a game, and have won more FA cups than us (especially recently) however many of them want to see the back of Wenger. We appear to be the flip side of the coin, finish 3rd one year when the other top sides don't perform, and our manager is a footballing GHod. I honestly believe that so many on here have forgot how great our club used to be, and have now forgotten how to be ambitious. Like I said before, I don't expect Spurs to take the world by storm, but let's not be happy with an FA cup semi final and finishing 4th, we deserve more than that.

That's a bit like saying "that was a great race because up until the last 100 yards you could have won it". You may be happy with nearly, I am not. I was brought up to believe that the only position is first, everything else is failure. Of course, I am realistic and don't expect Spurs to win everything, but I will not hail a manager as successful until he has won the club silverware. As much as I liked Arry I still don't consider him as successful. That said, he wasn't failure either, and at present that is exactly how I would describe Poch. Arry had potential until Levy got rid of him, I just have a feeling he will do the same with Poch if he doesn't win anything soon.
It took Billy Nich three seasons to win something. He then went on to win a total of eight trophies including the Double and Britain's first ever European trophy.

Keith Burkinshaw actually took us down in his first season and needed another three before winning three cups in the next four.

Even Sir Alex Ferguson would not have been good enough for you because it took Britain's most successful manager ever almost four full seasons to land the first of his 24 major trophies. Indeed in his first two seasons United finished mid-table and he was famously on the brink of being booted out in January 1990 before Mark Robins rescued his career by scoring the winner in the FA Cup third round tie against Nottingham Forest.

So the message is, patience, dear boy, patience.

Last edited:
Your not reading my posts properly. Because we will not win the league this season doesn't mean I don't want 2nd position. There are different degrees of failure, as failure isn't black and white. Finishing 2nd would not make me happy, but I would be less unhappy than if we finished 3rd. If all the supporters are just happy with top four, top four is the best we will ever get. It's down to us lot to demand the earth for the price of our season tickets. Our average prices are the 2nd highest in the world (after Arsenal) yet it would appear so many on here are content on winning nothing, perhaps it's because most on here don't actually spend any money following Spurs. Look at that lot up the road. They have finished top four since the beginning of the prem, won the double, gone a season without losing a game, and have won more FA cups than us (especially recently) however many of them want to see the back of Wenger. We appear to be the flip side of the coin, finish 3rd one year when the other top sides don't perform, and our manager is a footballing GHod. I honestly believe that so many on here have forgot how great our club used to be, and have now forgotten how to be ambitious. Like I said before, I don't expect Spurs to take the world by storm, but let's not be happy with an FA cup semi final and finishing 4th, we deserve more than that.
Someone wake me up when this has finished please (and by finished I mean when Spurs are as big and rich and with as many trophies as Real Madrid & Manure - which will still probably not be good enough - combined and dear Simon - intellectual hard man with personality - has finished polishing himself with memories of Goon glories).

You seem to want thebsuccess without the hard work it takes to get there or more you don't seem to appreciate the work it takes to get there - we're making progress and moving in the right direction, despite having our hands tied behind our backs (financially speaking) yet youd be calling for the manager to be sacked unless he wins the cup and finishes second - doesn't make sense

Last edited:
You seem to want success without the hard work it takes to get there or more you don't seem to appreciate the work it takes to get there - we're making progress and moving in the right direction, despite having our hands tied behind our backs (financially speaking) yet youd be calling for the manager to be sacked unless he wins the cup and finishes second

Apparently we have been making progress since 1961. Perhaps Spurs fans are too patient

Someone wake me up when this has finished please (and by finished I mean when Spurs are as big and rich and with as many trophies as Real Madrid & Manure - which will still probably not be good enough - combined and dear Simon - intellectual hard man with personality - has finished polishing himself with memories of Goon glories).

I don't expect to be like Real, but is winning something from time time really to much to ask? In recent years even Wigan and Pompey have won more than us.

Si, why not just come out as a Goon or whoever supporter, and we can all have a proper row and discussion about our respective clubs.

At the moment your posts are tantalising but don't make sense: if you'd been supporting Spurs since the 70s you would be chuffed with Poch. You would rate him very highly. You try to cover your tracks with contradictory bolocks. Just tell us what u really think, far more interesting.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

But I'm not anyone else, I have a personality
This reminded me of:

I'm new to this country, am I allowed to call you a prick?
No.
Am I allowed to think you're a prick?
It's a free country, I can't tell you what you're allowed to think.
If that's the case, I think you're a prick

This reminded me of:

I'm new to this country, am I allowed to call you a prick?
No.
Am I allowed to think you're a prick?
It's a free country, I can't tell you what you're allowed to think.
If that's the case, I think you're a prick

that's funny

Back