• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Since Pooch has taken the decision to be highly critical of Janssen today. Which is fair comment. I assume he accepts that hes had a terrible fudging month with brick tactics and brick excuses. I assume he's also accepting some responsibility for buying brick players and leaving us with a tiny squad. Hopefully he'll take the opportunity to sort himself out on the training ground before he tinkles away the whole season again;):po_O:mad:
Which season did he tinkle away ? I thought he finished 3rd last season becoming the first Spurs Manager to qualify for the Champions league proper. In his first season he finished 5th and reached a cup final.

As for buying players , he buys them to train and show what they can do. Jannsen has fallen far short of the level expected. Not sure he has been "highly" critical rather he just said Janssen needs to show more.

At the level we are buying there is always a risk. What is impressive is that Poch is very decisive and moves on players who don't make the cut very quickly.

Poch needs to be taking a long hard look at himself in the mirror. Not being impressed with the treatment of Bentaleb and Wimmer. I am also unhappy that we sold Carroll.

It might be spur of the moment but I also feel he is a bit too loyal to certain players e.g. Dier, Kane and Alli. He also needs to increase the size/quality of the squad if he truly wants to compete on 4 fronts. If there is no competition in the side, players stagnate.

Last edited:
Poch needs to be taking a long hard look at himself in the mirror. Not being impressed with the treatment of Bentaleb and Wimmer. I am also unhappy that we sold Carroll.

It might be spur of the moment but I also feel he is a bit too loyal to certain players e.g. Dier, Kane and Alli. He also needs to increase the size/quality of the squad if he truly wants to compete on 4 fronts. If there is no competition in the side, players stagnate.

Seriously?
Bentaleb was so bad last season. Every time he was given a chance by Poch he went walkabout trying long shots and little flicks like someone trying to make a youtube compilation and not win a football game.
Wimmer was good last season but he has been terrible on a number of occasions this season. He has done nothing to get his place in the team.

The likes of Jansson(27 games), Sissoko(23 games), N'Koudou(13 games), Wimmer (9 games), Onomah (10 games), Davies(18 games) have all had their chance to this season and none of them have done anything to deserve a place in the first team.

Winks however has taken his opportunity and is usually the first player subbed on now.

Poch runs a meritocracy. Its not his fault most of the second string are so far behind.
Well he has some blame in insisting we buy Sissoko.

The part about being too loyal to Kane and Alli is ridiculous.

If he was too loyal to Dier he wouldnt be playing Wanyama ahead of him or Vertonghen and Alderweireld ahead of him.

Mate you can't seriously be advocating he drop Kane and Alli our two leading goal scorers? I agree with Modric's post above. If you are saying he has favourite, well Bentaleb was a favourite in Poch's first season but once he returned injury he had to displace the players who came in and couldn't. I do agree he still needs to improve the size and quality of the team but you can't say he hasn't done hat in his 2 and 3/4 seasons at the club. Plus I suspect he has serious financial constraints.

Seriously?
Bentaleb was so bad last season. Every time he was given a chance by Poch he went walkabout trying long shots and little flicks like someone trying to make a youtube compilation and not win a football game.
Wimmer was good last season but he has been terrible on a number of occasions this season. He has done nothing to get his place in the team.

The likes of Jansson(27 games), Sissoko(23 games), N'Koudou(13 games), Wimmer (9 games), Onomah (10 games), Davies(18 games) have all had their chance to this season and none of them have done anything to deserve a place in the first team.

Winks however has taken his opportunity and is usually the first player subbed on now.

Poch runs a meritocracy. Its not his fault most of the second string are so far behind.

If he was too loyal to Dier he wouldnt be playing Wanyama ahead of him or Vertonghen and Alderweireld ahead of him.
I think Sissoko has done just about enough to justify some patience. He did not have a full pre season and was always playing catch up on fitness. For me he we should judge him next season. Forget about the transfer fee. Agree otherwise.

Find it unacceptable that Pochettino failed to sign any players in January despite us facing many players out with injury problems especially Vertonghen. But then not really convinced of Pochettino's ability to sign the right players. Among the players he signed, only Alli, Alderweireld and Wanyama have become regulars for us while the likes of Vorm, Dier, Son, Wimmer, Davies and Trippier are too inconsistent. The failures includes the likes of Yedlin, Fazio, Stambouli, Njie and so far Sissoko, Janssen and Nkoudou. I think we need someone else to be in charge of transfers.

Find it unacceptable that Pochettino failed to sign any players in January despite us facing many players out with injury problems especially Vertonghen. But then not really convinced of Pochettino's ability to sign the right players. Among the players he signed, only Alli, Alderweireld and Wanyama have become regulars for us while the likes of Vorm, Dier, Son, Wimmer, Davies and Trippier are too inconsistent. The failures includes the likes of Yedlin, Fazio, Stambouli, Njie and so far Sissoko, Janssen and Nkoudou. I think we need someone else to be in charge of transfers.

Saying that Alli and Alderweireld gave become regulars for us is the faintest of praise possible for those purchases. The words you were looking for were: absolutely outstanding signings both in value and in straightforward ability that has left other fans greatly jealous of us.

Finally if you haven't gotten the memo yet, look at our work with player development. Game time given to younger players that are a part of our squad when first team players after injured is key to that. And successful player development is key to or continued success.

Some fans are always looking for the things we should be better at. (which is fair enough , up to a point).

Take a look at the things we used to be sh%t at. The list was long. We are so much better on and off the field in so many ways.

If you want perfection in all departments, your expectations are too high. Lower your expectations and what we have achieved you will be able to enjoy.

Son has been an excellent player for us this season and is still young. Davies and Trippier have both performed well when covering Walker and Rose, it's just that the latter are consistently good and frankly undroppable. Wimmer was superb last season but not so good this season as is Dier. Dier, though will prove to be another gem in seasons to come, I wouldn't write him off just yet. Sissoko it is too early to say and the others were not terrible, it just didn't work out in the end.

Son has been an excellent player for us this season and is still young. Davies and Trippier have both performed well when covering Walker and Rose, it's just that the latter are consistently good and frankly undroppable. Wimmer was superb last season but not so good this season as is Dier. Dier, though will prove to be another gem in seasons to come, I wouldn't write him off just yet. Sissoko it is too early to say and the others were not terrible, it just didn't work out in the end.

Some people like extremes

I look at it and see us 3rd currently with more points than last season and can fathom that the squad is worse but maybe I've kept it too simple

Some people like extremes

I look at it and see us 3rd currently with more points than last season and can fathom that the squad is worse but maybe I've kept it too simple
3rd with more injuries than last season and CL participation.

There's a reason why back to back CL qualification from teams entering the top had been very rare and essentially only been done by the financially doped teams. At least since Chelsea started spending like crazy.

3rd with more injuries than last season and CL participation.

There's a reason why back to back CL qualification from teams entering the top had been very rare and essentially only been done by the financially doped teams. At least since Chelsea started spending like crazy.

I meant can't fathom in my post

I don't see our squad as worse than previous as we're maintaining a higher league position with More points and a lot of key injuries

Seriously?

We only beat Leicester last season in a midfield with Carroll and Bentaleb. Bentaleb was given less chances than Janssen, Sissoko and Davies this season. I dont agree Poch runs a meritocracy. Like all humans he has favorites e.g. Dier ahead of Wimmer makes no sense. He is loyal to Kane and Alli and Dier. Why has Dier not being benched in the last few matches? He has had worse performances than Erikson in a position where we have a ready made replacement. Wimmer is not match fit. He played well last season despite the low number of games because he came from a season of playing consistent football. I am not going to be so harsh on the likes of Wimmer and Davies because I believe they are match rusty due to lack of games.

I think Sissoko has done just about enough to justify some patience. He did not have a full pre season and was always playing catch up on fitness. For me he we should judge him next season. Forget about the transfer fee. Agree otherwise.

I can agree on the above except the otherwise. Personally I feel Poch should rotate the squad better.

We only beat Leicester last season in a midfield with Carroll and Bentaleb. Bentaleb was given less chances than Janssen, Sissoko and Davies this season. I dont agree Poch runs a meritocracy. Like all humans he has favorites e.g. Dier ahead of Wimmer makes no sense. He is loyal to Kane and Alli and Dier. Why has Dier not being benched in the last few matches? He has had worse performances than Erikson in a position where we have a ready made replacement. Wimmer is not match fit. He played well last season despite the low number of games because he came from a season of playing consistent football. I am not going to be so harsh on the likes of Wimmer and Davies because I believe they are match rusty due to lack of games.
Are you really suggesting the manager should have persisted with someone whose arrogance and sloppiness on the ball was costing us points? No one questions Bentaleb's innate talent but it's what you do with it that counts. He had several chances to eliminate the suicidal brainfarts last season but oh no, each and every time he opted to play to the gallery, putting his side in peril.

Anyone with half a brain could see he was the architect of his own demise, plain and simple. Hopefully he has now learnt his lesson but it was clear that process needed to begin elsewhere because he just wasn't getting the message whilst he was here.

You don't think that this view is a little extreme? You don't even consider that perhaps he makes purchases with the express intention of them being back-up? And you don't consider that perhaps, just maybe, he is not the sole person in charge. You also don't consider that in the main, where we have sold some of those players that you mention, they were sold for a profit.

But it's still unacceptable.......

Back