• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

agreed, doesn't leave any time for the FA cup
imo, use it like the LC to give the youngsters and fringe players some minutes

LC is arguably a better competition for PL sides now as there is less chance of playing on a ploughed field and risking injury, also less games to win the same prize

It irritatates me that the FA Cup seems to become the fall guy. Look at this season, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Soton and Spurs all out before the 5th round.

We should turn our full attention to the Europa when and IF we get to the quarter finals, then it's anyone's tournament, but there's too many games and too many miles to travel to win it IMO.

But you've got to preserve them too. What if Eriksen had got injured late on and been out of the cup final? It's a marathon not a sprit.

Mason is actually the keystone in our side at the moment - everything falls apart the second he's taken out of the middle

But when your alternative is Poorlinho your really struggling

Mason was spraying the ball about and keeping us on the front foot tonight. Poorlinho came on and we lost momentum. Then he took of eriksen and Demebele and we were like a limp fish

I'm loving the way were playing with the best players we have but the subs yet again (after palace ) have IMO cost is the game

He should make like for like subs or not at all.

He changed the spine massively when he took off Mason then Dembele

It irritatates me that the FA Cup seems to become the fall guy. Look at this season, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Soton and Spurs all out before the 5th round.

We should turn our full attention to the Europa when and IF we get to the quarter finals, then it's anyone's tournament, but there's too many games and too many miles to travel to win it IMO.

it's 2am in the club, the FA Cup is that plain looking girl in the corner, the EL is the fat lass who's been gawping at you all night but you know she's after a threesome with you, her, and her incredibly fit mate

LVG needs the club to build around HIM. No way we could have gotten Mitchell and having LVG buy into those stats. Possibly would have sold off the magnificent 7 at a loss to bring in players he trusts.

I much prefer how we are building a total football club now with proper pathways from junior academy to the first eleven. I wouldn't have been surprised if Levy didn't offer him the job proper yet when he chose Man U. Even Frank De Boer seems a better fit, would've preferred him to LVG.

I really don't think the FA cup became the "fall guy" because of the Europa League. Actually I'm almost certain it didn't.

The FA cup was prioritized below the League Cup, for the very same reason you're talking about - we were much closer to winning it!

I really don't think the FA cup became the "fall guy" because of the Europa League. Actually I'm almost certain it didn't.

The FA cup was prioritized below the League Cup, for the very same reason you're talking about - we were much closer to winning it!

Granted but technically we were closer to winning the FA cup than the Europa considering we have to play another 9 games in the EL.

Granted but technically we were closer to winning the FA cup than the Europa considering we have to play another 9 games in the EL.

How many players do you think were rested in our last FA cup game on the 24th of January because of our upcoming EL game on the 19th of February almost a month later?

I get that we would perhaps have been closer to winning the FA cup than the EL if we were still in both competitions. Although counting games rather than rounds seems strange to me. What I'm saying is that I don't see what impact our EL participation had on our FA cup results? A month ago Poch sat down and decided to rest players for the Leicester game, not because of the LC semi final only days later, but because of the Fiorentina game weeks later?

When we did play EL games, our last one being about two months ago, that was balanced with league and LC games. I thought Poch found a good balance, making some rotations, giving due attention to all competitions. I just don't get how you chronologically blame our FA cup defeat on prioritizing the EL games.

How many players do you think were rested in our last FA cup game on the 24th of January because of our upcoming EL game on the 19th of February almost a month later?

I get that we would perhaps have been closer to winning the FA cup than the EL if we were still in both competitions. Although counting games rather than rounds seems strange to me. What I'm saying is that I don't see what impact our EL participation had on our FA cup results? A month ago Poch sat down and decided to rest players for the Leicester game, not because of the LC semi final only days later, but because of the Fiorentina game weeks later?

When we did play EL games, our last one being about two months ago, that was balanced with league and LC games. I thought Poch found a good balance, making some rotations, giving due attention to all competitions. I just don't get how you chronologically blame our FA cup defeat on prioritizing the EL games.

Well of course the EL did not directly affect the Leicester game I wasn't saying that. I just meant that in general, we seem to go for the EL (sometimes to the detriment of other competitions, namely the league) more than other competitions. I realise this season the reward is a big one, but we've not progressed past the quarter finals for about 25 years so IMO it's not always justified.

Well of course the EL did not directly affect the Leicester game I wasn't saying that. I just meant that in general, we seem to go for the EL (sometimes to the detriment of other competitions, namely the league) more than other competitions. I realise this season the reward is a big one, but we've not progressed past the quarter finals for about 25 years so IMO it's not always justified.

Well... This is the Pochettino thread, I would rather discuss this season. You specifically mentioned this season in the post I quoted.

It wasn't because of the EL. What would you rather have seen us down prioritize to focus on the FA cup this season? League or League Cup? To avoid the FA cup becoming the fall guy and all that...

Well... This is the Pochettino thread, I would rather discuss this season. You specifically mentioned this season in the post I quoted.

It wasn't because of the EL. What would you rather have seen us down prioritize to focus on the FA cup this season? League or League Cup? To avoid the FA cup becoming the fall guy and all that...

Ok good for you. I'll discuss the other seasons with other posters.

More than that .. said it in a couple of threads

- Both Scum and Pool resorted to defend and hit on counter tactics, amazing validation of the threat we really are
- Still a ton of young players who will only get better
- Today was the Tottenham Way, we fudgeing went for it, and no point did we throttle back, try and wind the game down

Also, can someone get the gif of Poch screaming at Dier in first 10 minutes "no long balls"

Pool with Gerrard -> diagonal and cross field hoof all night long ..

haha that's funny :D. would be great to have a lip-read app just to figure out what the coach and players are saying in a game.

from that article above ...
2015%2f2%2fYouth-Top-Image.jpg

2015%2f2%2fAVG-AGEs.jpg

The best thing about trusting young players is that you attract more good young players as they can see that they have a clear path to the first team. It has worked really well for Arsenal and it will for us too, especially with the huge investment in our training facilities. Its just feels like we are building something sustainable on and off the field. With a new stadium on the way, it really is exciting times for the club.

Back