• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I'm happier than I was, but I still don't think we play amazing football. Have ours moments and west brom arsenal are the first back to back performances we've playd well in. Today we were okay, but a few errors, being naive to play the same 11 when some players were clearly tired. Then taking eriksen off at the end... The man whos gotten us how many late goals? Why take him off? Bizarre...

And I really really really wish he wouldn't play rose and mason... I really think they weaken us. Though our central midfield is the weakest area of our squad massively... But at least the system is coming through a little more. We're not consistent enough and we don't create enough chances, we don't work the keeper enough. Still.

I can't wait for the summer. So we can finally see pochs squad. I don't agree with a lot of his decisions, but he's slowly winning me over. But let's see how we fare with no 'not his players' excuses.

Eriksen was shot. So was Mason. Saturday caught up with us in those last 20 minutes.

There's a reason we don't have injuries under Poch. Eriksen could easily have stayed on, done a hamstring, and missed the next month

I think Poch's hands are tied until the summer. It is clear that he doesnt have much faith in the squad and rightly so, he is reliant on about 14-16 players most are young and have played so much football. Todays performance wasnt really about lack of quality, I just think we looked sapped, looked knackered. We needed someone like Stambouli in there to freshen it up. We looked ok going forward but the mistakes kept on coming and that was down to being sapped.

Yep. We need a new striker, a left back, a centre midfielder and a winger.

Plus we need to book out the likes of Chiriches, Kaboul, Ade, Lennon, Paulinho and Capoue to name a few.

Top 6 and a cup final this season will still do me, we need something to build on, not change our fortunes over night (CL).

Was scratching the head a little when he took off Mason and Eriksen, also why wait so long to bring on Chadli? Either way I agree with Gutterboy, we have a very long tough month ahead, with a cup final in 2 and a half weeks time, pointless going all out on tonight and risking that for nothing.

Eriksen was shot. So was Mason. Saturday caught up with us in those last 20 minutes.

There's a reason we don't have injuries under Poch. Eriksen could easily have stayed on, done a hamstring, and missed the next month

I'm sorry but you just do not take Eriksen or Kane off at the moment. Not when Chadli is the only other player in the squad with a goal in him.

One positive - Kane scored again and keeps his momentum going.

More than that .. said it in a couple of threads

- Both Scum and Pool resorted to defend and hit on counter tactics, amazing validation of the threat we really are
- Still a ton of young players who will only get better
- Today was the Tottenham Way, we fudging went for it, and no point did we throttle back, try and wind the game down

Also, can someone get the gif of Poch screaming at Dier in first 10 minutes "no long balls"

Pool with Gerrard -> diagonal and cross field hoof all night long ..

I'm sorry but you just do not take Eriksen or Kane off at the moment. Not when Chadli is the only other player in the squad with a goal in him.

That's how how felt but sometimes you need not to take such risks.

I could be wrong but the only way we can tell who's right is looking at the table come May.

It's annoying as f**k that lost to them AGAIN! but we need to get it of the system and move on.

We're not in the cup this wknd so the players can get some much needed rest, whether the defeat to Leicester was a blessing indisguise is yet to be seen but I agree with Gutterboy they looked knackered at times tonight.

That's how how felt but sometimes you need not to take such risks.

I could be wrong but the only way we can tell who's right is looking at the table come May.

It's annoying as f**k that lost to them AGAIN! but we need to get it of the system and move on.

We're not in the cup this wknd so the players can get some much needed rest, whether the defeat to Leicester was a blessing indisguise is yet to be seen but I agree with Gutterboy they looked knackered at times tonight.

I think we had more chance of winning the FA cup than the Europa tbh. We haven't got past the quarter finals of the Europa in about 25 years.

But you've got to preserve them too. What if Eriksen had got injured late on and been out of the cup final? It's a marathon not a sprit.

Mason is actually the keystone in our side at the moment - everything falls apart the second he's taken out of the middle

I think we had more chance of winning the FA cup than the Europa tbh. We haven't got past the quarter finals of the Europa in about 25 years.

Exactly.

Anyway, we really need to take things at a game by game basis, regardless as to how good things get.

We have a young exciting team with the best Striker in the league and a world class player in Eriksen. Yes pretty much everyone had an off night tonight but they were due one, we saw it against Palace remember?

We're getting there, just need to take it a step at a time, not cream our pants over the top 4 every time we wina derby or big game.

But you've got to preserve them too. What if Eriksen had got injured late on and been out of the cup final? It's a marathon not a sprit.

Mason is actually the keystone in our side at the moment - everything falls apart the second he's taken out of the middle

You run that risk every game. He could get injured in the warm up before the final.

Except winning it :)

We used to have a proud record in that competition. Being the record winners an all. I still see it as a major honour.

fair enough, my opinion is that the FA cup was partly what it was because clubs like us were bothered about it

I'm very much in the "CL is everything" camp these days

fair enough, my opinion is that the FA cup was partly what it was because clubs like us were bothered about it

I'm very much in the "CL is everything" camp these days

So am I, but the Europa just has too many games and we can't defend well enough it to win any European competition. I think the league represents our best chance of top 4.

More than that .. said it in a couple of threads

- Both Scum and Pool resorted to defend and hit on counter tactics, amazing validation of the threat we really are
- Still a ton of young players who will only get better
- Today was the Tottenham Way, we fudgeing went for it, and no point did we throttle back, try and wind the game down

Also, can someone get the gif of Poch screaming at Dier in first 10 minutes "no long balls"

Pool with Gerrard -> diagonal and cross field hoof all night long ..

The thing is though, it is effective. Their system is quite good at sucking defenders in on one side of the pitch to allow for the switch and to get a wingback 1v1 against a fullback on the other flank. No reason why they shouldn't use what weapons they have at their disposal. Telling them not to would be akin to us deciding to play long balls up to Soldado or expecting Lamela to beat his man down the outside and cross it.

The thing is though, it is effective. Their system is quite good at sucking defenders in on one side of the pitch to allow for the switch and to get a wingback 1v1 against a fullback on the other flank. No reason why they shouldn't use what weapons they have at their disposal. Telling them not to would be akin to us deciding to play long balls up to Soldado or expecting Lamela to beat his man down the outside and cross it.

Mate, I get it, but its awful to watch, and make no mistake, that side was built to play that way.

I'm so glad we don't play that way ..

So am I, but the Europa just has too many games and we can't defend well enough it to win any European competition. I think the league represents our best chance of top 4.

agreed, doesn't leave any time for the FA cup
imo, use it like the LC to give the youngsters and fringe players some minutes

LC is arguably a better competition for PL sides now as there is less chance of playing on a ploughed field and risking injury, also less games to win the same prize

Back