• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

From the highlights the pressing game that this man has employed is truly remarkable. I can't remember when we had such relentless energy.

We seem to be getting stronger :eek:

For those who follow Bielsa and the like, do you think Poch has tweaked the methodology to make us more durable over time? Or is it likely that we will crash and burn if we keep on like this? How was our pressing last week at WBA? Did we play it smarter and retain energy at certain points after half-time?

To get 100% points in your first league home games vs Chelski and Ar5ena1 is truly astonishing imo

Well played Poch!!

No expert, but I don't think Poch is applying quite as extreme a style as what Bielsa does. At least not at this time.

There were times yesterday when we allowed Arsenal some possession, got 10 or 11 players behind the ball and defended reasonably well. WBA was different as we got the solid lead, I don't think even Bielsa would be pushing for ruthless pressing throughout with a 3-0 lead.

Burnout is always a worry I suppose. We need more quality in depth to be able to rotate a bit more and smarter to prevent it long term imo. Right now, for this season, I'm not worried.

Jesus, best manager since Burkinshaw or Bill Nic?!? That's a massive claim especially given that he's been here 6 months or so and 3 months ago people were questioning if we should maybe sack him.

I like what I see of Poch so far. But let's keep our feet on the ground. He will have more bad results and bad spells. As long as he is making progress I'm happy to stick with him. If we get dingdonged by Chel53a in the League Cup final and finish 8th, I still 100% believe in Poch. We need to get away from this "best since Burkinshaw or worst since Gross with nothing in between" mentality.

To be fair, it was only our most skittish supporters who were saying this.

Jesus, best manager since Burkinshaw or Bill Nic?!? That's a massive claim especially given that he's been here 6 months or so and 3 months ago people were questioning if we should maybe sack him.

I like what I see of Poch so far. But let's keep our feet on the ground. He will have more bad results and bad spells. As long as he is making progress I'm happy to stick with him. If we get dingdonged by Chel53a in the League Cup final and finish 8th, I still 100% believe in Poch. We need to get away from this "best since Burkinshaw or worst since Gross with nothing in between" mentality.

I'm guessing someone had a pint or two too many yesterday. :D

if we keep progressing at this rate pretty soon R Madrid or Barca will come knocking for MoPo :)

In the AVB era I was perplexed as to what our spine was - a spine is essential to a solid team. Poch has established that very quickly with Lloris, Verts, Mason/Dembele, Eriksen and Kane.

if we keep progressing at this rate pretty soon R Madrid or Barca will come knocking for MoPo :)

Why are you happy about that?! I do not want Real Madrid or Barca anywhere near Pochettino except for when we're dumping them on their sorry asses in the Champions League.

I believe in Pochettino. I was too impatient at the start & questioned whether he was the right manager for us; in spite of him being the appointment that I wanted when he initially arrived for the prospect of the performances now being delivered. I thought that for whatever reason, maybe things just wouldn't work for him at our club. I could see us regressing, I thought, and was overly frustrated at what I perceived to be happening. I have rarely been so happy as to say that I had a knee jerk reaction. I was wrong to jump to conclusions after his first few months. Now he has showed what I had thought that he was capable of & the future looks bright & lilly white! I hope that long may this continue & hope that Pochettino stays for a long time to come.

Oh & let's hope that we see this level of passion in games against the smaller clubs too. Once we get that, we will know that we're almost there!

From about 55 seconds in is key. He basically says the players will suffer in training but will eventually reap the awards on the pitch as they will be fit enough to play at a high level until the 94th minute.

Why are you happy about that?! I do not want Real Madrid or Barca anywhere near Pochettino except for when we're dumping them on their sorry asses in the Champions League.

I believe in Pochettino. I was too impatient at the start & questioned whether he was the right manager for us; in spite of him being the appointment that I wanted when he initially arrived for the prospect of the performances now being delivered. I thought that for whatever reason, maybe things just wouldn't work for him at our club. I could see us regressing, I thought, and was overly frustrated at what I perceived to be happening. I have rarely been so happy as to say that I had a knee jerk reaction. I was wrong to jump to conclusions after his first few months. Now he has showed what I had thought that he was capable of & the future looks bright & lilly white! I hope that long may this continue & hope that Pochettino stays for a long time to come.

Oh & let's hope that we see this level of passion in games against the smaller clubs too. Once we get that, we will know that we're almost there!

There will always be a difference in passion and effort between the NLD and games against smaller clubs. Don't think we can realistically expect the same levels every game.

Very different challenges playing against Arsenal and Chelsea compared to the smaller teams. For now we have looked better, relatively speaking, playing against the bigger clubs. I feel confident that we'll progress nicely against smaller teams too.

From about 55 seconds in is key. He basically says the players will suffer in training but will eventually reap the awards on the pitch as they will be fit enough to play at a high level until the 94th minute.

"Sometimes 3" :D Love that quote...

No expert, but I don't think Poch is applying quite as extreme a style as what Bielsa does. At least not at this time.

There were times yesterday when we allowed Ar5ena1 some possession, got 10 or 11 players behind the ball and defended reasonably well. WBA was different as we got the solid lead, I don't think even Bielsa would be pushing for ruthless pressing throughout with a 3-0 lead.

Burnout is always a worry I suppose. We need more quality in depth to be able to rotate a bit more and smarter to prevent it long term imo. Right now, for this season, I'm not worried.

Mate one of the many things that was impressive about yesterday was that we appeared fitter and stronger than Arsenal who have been traditionally among the fittest if not the fittest team in the Prem, hence the number of late goals they scored. Oh and we scored a late goal against them.

Mate one of the many things that was impressive about yesterday was that we appeared fitter and stronger than Ar5ena1 who have been traditionally among the fittest if not the fittest team in the Prem, hence the number of late goals they scored. Oh and we scored a late goal against them.

Definitely!

No surprise perhaps that Dembele looked stronger than their midfielders and that Walker regularly took the tinkle out of Ozil physically. But all over the pitch we looked strong and fit. Thought both Bentaleb and Lamela looked a bit shattered towards the end, but that's to be expected.

I also think our successful pressing and passing was part of the reason we looked stronger towards the end. We made them work really hard to contain us as much as they did, even then we did create chances fairly regularly.

Is there any fear whatsoever about being unable to play like we are for the rest of the season? Or is our huge squad a benefit? I don't fully Understand the physicality at that level, can these athletes sustain it with the right training or is there a decline?

why am I smiling.......because just like when our players reach a level of performance that impresses the bigger clubs to make bids and buy them, the same will happen with MoPo if our current form continues or gets even better. I smile because thats just our luck :) you can either laugh or cry

dont you think Real and especially Barca are taking notice of what is currently happening at Spurs?

We are Real's theoretical feeder club, due to our apparent street corner agreement with them, so I'm sure that they're watching us. We're also one of the bigger European teams & have one of the players of the moment in European football, so would be hard to argue that Barcelona aren't aware of what is happening with our club. I'm just wary of losing Pochettino to either in the future. I want to hope, instead, that we build as a club, develop the stadium & can then compete at the highest level more frequently. I don't want to lose any key players or staff & can't smile at the likliehood of it happening.

I think Barca might turn to FDB if their current manager gets the boot. The guy is looking to move on and he was once a very good player there.

We are Real's theoretical feeder club, due to our apparent street corner agreement with them, so I'm sure that they're watching us. We're also one of the bigger European teams & have one of the players of the moment in European football, so would be hard to argue that Barcelona aren't aware of what is happening with our club. I'm just wary of losing Pochettino to either in the future. I want to hope, instead, that we build as a club, develop the stadium & can then compete at the highest level more frequently. I don't want to lose any key players or staff & can't smile at the likliehood of it happening.

I don't think that we are their feeder club and I am certain that we do not have deal where they get first dibs on our players.

We'll see, that agreement that was signed up to sure was questionable as, to my knowledge, we've never seen any benefit to the agreement. And yet, Real Madrid, a club theoretically bankrolled by their country, has managed to land two of our finest players.

Maybe this is sour grapes on my part but I really don't like the way that Real Madrid conduct themselves, the way that they behaved in the whole Bale saga or that they get away with far more than they ought to. Wouldn't shock me if Bale had signed a 'Figo' contract & that that was why he had to move that summer. Real Madrid certainly seem to enjoy whatever link they have with our club & haven't given a lot back bar money that may have questionable origins, as far as their existence as a business, operating fairly, is concerned.

Of course, this could be nonsense and just my frustrations and loathing of that club seeping through. I'll let everyone make up their own mind.

First of all, that agreement is no longer active.

Secondly, it was never about having first dibs on our best players or us on their rejects.

First of all, that agreement is no longer active.

Secondly, it was never about having first dibs on our best players or us on their rejects.

Nope, no one really seemed to know what it was about & yet it seemed to have been inserted as a 'sweetener' by Real Madrid.

Nope, no one really seemed to know what it was about & yet it seemed to have been inserted as a 'sweetener' by Real Madrid.

I think that it was just window dressing to make us feel better about selling Modric. At most it appears to have been some sharing of ideas and information. What kind of feeder agreement would it be that meant they had to pay a world record fee, up front in order to sign a player the following summer?

Back