• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Bloke has got to grow some big balls
Accept his mistakes
And park players who don’t wanna be there
That’s the whole defence today and that’s scary but we need players who care and will work for Poch
If he doesn’t on his head be it

I still back him if he wants it, and I think he does. Nothing much has changed for me.

The confidence is clearly on the floor and I’m not denying that maybe a new man gives us a short term boost, but I’m not sure that it means it is the right long term decision. The players really seem like they are always a yard off, their anticipation is poor, they never seem to react ahead of the game. It’s poor confidence.

But Poch is making decisions based on the idea that he is still going to be around to see them pay off. I’m pretty sure he would love personally to bomb certain players out, but he isn’t going to do it just yet. I’m pretty sure he would love GLC and Sess in the team, but he isn’t going to rush then either. Foyth ahead of Aurier if you’re asking his personal preference is another obvious one.

What I am saying is that he is making these decisions for the long term. It has been a painful month or so and it may be a painful season compared to what we have been used to. When a team loses like we did against Bayern the recovery isn’t always easy, and it does take time, steps to getting there.

And overall I still think what got us back on the right track as a club was getting everyone on the same page, which we don’t have right now. We need to get there when we can. But this is pretty much 2 years of chickens coming home to roost by not moving out the players that needed to move, and that isn’t all on Poch. A new man comes, different style, will make changes anyway. No guarantee of anything like the same level of success we’ve had.

I don’t think he wants to go at all. To me, the decisions he makes are the ones of a man that is keeping a clear head amid the chaos and crisis, and not reacting to the short term. I maintain that he doesn’t bomb certain players out because he needs then at least for the next month or so, before probably making more of the changes he wants to make. And I think a lot of the people that have said he ‘has no tactics’ or is a ‘one trick pony’ are frankly providing laughable analysis.

How is playing the same players who he said "had different agendas" and initially "would have to be sorted in January" for the long-term good?

Bloke has got to grow some big balls
Accept his mistakes
And park players who don’t wanna be there
That’s the whole defence today and that’s scary but we need players who care and will work for Poch
If he doesn’t on his head be it

Are you including Davinson Sanchez here?

Are you including Davinson Sanchez here?
Sorry I meant the one he chose to keep on in the cairns half
The lazy ones... the ones that are all now in it for themselves alone
im a positive fan but their all playing like utter bell ends

watching their goal back the defending form rose and Toby is criminal

So..do you think these lazy ones are trying to..you know....?

agreed on this just watched that goal again few times . Poor poor defending. Time for Ben Davies at LB and get Davinson back in

agreed on this just watched that goal again few times . Poor poor defending. Time for Ben Davies at LB and get Davinson back in

Tbf, didn't Ben Davies play in that joke vs Brighton? Hasn't Davinson had some howlers? I'm all for benching players underperforming but the problem is they all are ....

Can you blame them because he is managing like a man who doesn’t want to be here so why should they.

Tbf, didn't Ben Davies play in that joke vs Brighton? Hasn't Davinson had some howlers? I'm all for benching players underperforming but the problem is they all are ....

Yes but it’s like they’re to comfortable. Rose was shocking in the Internationals. Atrocious in fact.
Davinson is erratic no doubt but Toby and Jan are treading water.

we can go round in circles but fudge the lot of them at the moment. Also for me Kane’s been brick working hard but need him in the box and he’s just not there. Poch is having a mare.

their just playing really lazy and unmotivated
The issue remains that how does Poch deal with

Well a manager who is serious would drop them...but he also knows a) he's likely caused their limp attitude with his own attitude over the last few months and b) there's not much difference in output between those players and the ones who could play instead...

Horrendous really

Dont want to play for us or don’t want to play for the manager, because it’s a very important distinction.

both now IMO

there are players today would want to leave the club regardless of manager... hence why they didn’t sign a contract (Toby)
Then there are players we don’t want in rose and aurier
And Jan which is an odd one

why of why are a team that’s come off the back off a CL final, with the best stadium and training set up on the world having players that want to leave. And we’re not talking top top players anymore

it has to come from the man in charge

Yes but it’s like they’re to comfortable. Rose was shocking in the Internationals. Atrocious in fact.

we can go round in circles but fudge the lot of them at the moment. Also for me Kane’s been brick working hard but need him in the box and he’s just not there. Poch is having a mare.

Scary thing is that NONE of them are playing at the levels you'd expect.....

Well a manager who is serious would drop them...but he also knows a) he's likely caused their limp attitude with his own attitude over the last few months and b) there's not much difference in output between those players and the ones who could play instead...

Horrendous really

disagree on the output
Play Sanchez and Foyth at CB
Play Foyth Rb
Play Davies LB
He has options
Play Tattanga at CB (yeah i can’t spell his name)... he looked miles better than any of our current crop pre season

way way way too comfortable

Toby is almost untouchable for spurs fans but he was atrocious again

Jan has generally been an outstanding loyal servant but right now is gash

and on the kane thing he made a lot of runs first half as did Dele and no one passed to them or attempted too

Back