• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I was behind him when he said January was going to be an important window for us, as I thought it meant he knew what needed to be done and was prepared to execute on it.

But then changing his mind a week later, saying he wanted to serve up more of this utter crap into 2020, followed by today’s continuation of white flag performances and blind support of wantaway players, means he absolutely has to walk the plank. Immediately.

Hes lost the plot. The players know it and are just phoning in performances now until Levy pulls the trigger.

the results in the league have been poor since last Feb, most of us could see it, the CL final was just a lucky time for us,
Poch should have left or got in new coaches to help him in the summer
Fergie used to change his coaches every few years to keep it fresh,

no not yet, Levy won't let him go until RM or PSG come in for him and we get a payoff
Levy is smart. He knows the cost of missing top 4. I think he'll wait to see if RM pull the trigger this weekend (I suspect they will be leaving at us the same way!) and then make a call.
I'm sure targets are being sounded out

It’s weighing up though do we sacrifice the Red Star game and with it possibly any chance of progressing to the knock out stages or leave Liverpool hammer home the final nails.

Levy is smart. He knows the cost of missing top 4. I think he'll wait to see if RM pull the trigger this weekend (I suspect they will be leaving at us the same way!) and then make a call.
I'm sure targets are being sounded out

Werent Madrid top of the league going into this weekend? I know that probably means fudge all but it'd be a bit harsh to sack Zidane just yet surely.

Through this thread they're is this idea that if Poch can get 'rid' of the three players with expiring contracts everything will be fine.

Poch started this nonsense by publicly saying the squad will settle once the window closed.

Performances instead got worse.

It's not just these 3 that are sick of Poch. It's the likes of Kane, Son, Alli and Lucas too. The difference is their agents get them to sign regular contact renewals. The other three are a bit older and more careful with their contracts.

There's no way he can turn this squad around. There's no way he can get Levy to shift 10 players and bring another 10 in.

If an offer comes in for Poch he's gone.

Through this thread they're is this idea that if Poch can get 'rid' of the three players with expiring contracts everything will be fine.

Poch started this nonsense by publicly saying the squad will settle once the window closed.

Performances instead got worse.

It's not just these 3 that are sick of Poch. It's the likes of Kane, Son, Alli and Lucas too. The difference is their agents get them to sign regular contact renewals. The other three are a bit older and more careful with their contracts.

There's no way he can turn this squad around. There's no way he can get Levy to shift 10 players and bring another 10 in.

If an offer comes in for Poch he's gone.

If anyone is stupid enough to pay £32m for Pochettino when they only have to wait a few weeks to get him for free then I am going to be the sole jackpot winner on tonight’s lottery.

I don't know if this has been posted in here but I do think it matches up well with what we have been seeing. A tired group of players bored by hearing the same methodology.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I don't know if this has been posted in here but I do think it matches up well with what we have been seeing. A tired group of players bored by hearing the same methodology.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I posted it last night but yeah looks like squad have become stale / disheartened by repeatedly being so close yet so far to silverware season after season (it is noticeable how little the likes of Kane post on social media nowadays, guess even he’s had enough of being ridiculed) and now just want a clean slate one way or another.

If anyone is stupid enough to pay £32m for Pochettino when they only have to wait a few weeks to get him for free then I am going to be the sole jackpot winner on tonight’s lottery.

The wages remaining over the length of Poch's contract are in the region of £32m.
Levy can get another club take him off our hands for nothing if he likes.

The wages remaining over the length of Poch's contract are in the region of £32m.
Levy can get another club take him off our hands for nothing if he likes.

Levy should give Perez a call now then Real are losing again, maybe he can offer to pay them to take him of us if it costs less.

So anyone still think Poch can turn things around?
Paging @thfcsteff , @BrainOfLevy , @billyiddo to kick off the case for Poch's defence...we were playing fukking WATFORD today!!

As i see it, he is showing all the telltale signs of a manager that WANTS to get sacked:

- constantly choosing odd tactics
- stubbornly NOT playing players who are near fitness and who likely could inject new impetus
- putting blame towards the ground's atmosphere/the fans

I think he has slowly been going mad over 5 key stages:

Stage 1: the "me or another" reaction to the limp FA Cup semi-final loss vs Man utd
Stage 2: stubborn reaction to club not able to get his required signings in summer 2018 after his "be brave" request - if you can't get my players then no-one
Stage 3: THAT incident with Mike Dean at Burnley - which we still don't really know what hapenned
Stage 4: Publicly saying that he might actually leave if we win the CL final
Stage 5: Having that outburst during the summer press conference when he said clib should change his job title

The guy is NOT the same "let's reach for the stars" kind of up-and-at-them manager he was just two years ago. I tink the way this club operates whereby we seem to not actually want to REALLY act like a big club has slowly got to him in the end.
He himself hasn't helped with his book and inconsistent public outbursts - "we will try and fix things in January" vs "we don't need to fix things in January" - but ultimately the club's antics of not seemingly wanting to step up and take advantage of rival team's problems has made Poch lose his mind.

It seems he wants to go; it seems the players want him to go.

Sad. Very sad. But ultimately, i suspect the club's board and their ways have led to this. Poch has been the best manager we've had in the PL {and in my lifetime of supporting the club, save for the lack of a trophy} and yet we still manage to 'Spurz' things up even with him....

So anyone still think Poch can turn things around?
Paging @thfcsteff , @BrainOfLevy , @billyiddo to kick off the case for Poch's defence...we were playing fukking WATFORD today!!

As i see it, he is showing all the telltale signs of a manager that WANTS to get sacked:

- constantly choosing odd tactics
- stubbornly NOT playing players who are near fitness and who likely could inject new impetus
- putting blame towards the ground's atmosphere/the fans

I think he has slowly been going mad over 5 key stages:

Stage 1: the "me or another" reaction to the limp FA Cup semi-final loss vs Man utd
Stage 2: stubborn reaction to club not able to get his required signings in summer 2018 after his "be brave" request - if you can't get my players then no-one
Stage 3: THAT incident with Mike Dean at Burnley - which we still don't really know what hapenned
Stage 4: Publicly saying that he might actually leave if we win the CL final
Stage 5: Having that outburst during the summer press conference when he said clib should change his job title

The guy is NOT the same "let's reach for the stars" kind of up-and-at-them manager he was just two years ago. I tink the way this club operates whereby we seem to not actually want to REALLY act like a big club has slowly got to him in the end.
He himself hasn't helped with his book and inconsistent public outbursts - "we will try and fix things in January" vs "we don't need to fix things in January" - but ultimately the club's antics of not seemingly wanting to step up and take advantage of rival team's problems has made Poch lose his mind.

It seems he wants to go; it seems the players want him to go.

Sad. Very sad. But ultimately, i suspect the club's board and their ways have led to this. Poch has been the best manager we've had in the PL {and in my lifetime of supporting the club, save for the lack of a trophy} and yet we still manage to 'Spurz' things up even with him....

I still back him if he wants it, and I think he does. Nothing much has changed for me.

The confidence is clearly on the floor and I’m not denying that maybe a new man gives us a short term boost, but I’m not sure that it means it is the right long term decision. The players really seem like they are always a yard off, their anticipation is poor, they never seem to react ahead of the game. It’s poor confidence.

But Poch is making decisions based on the idea that he is still going to be around to see them pay off. I’m pretty sure he would love personally to bomb certain players out, but he isn’t going to do it just yet. I’m pretty sure he would love GLC and Sess in the team, but he isn’t going to rush then either. Foyth ahead of Aurier if you’re asking his personal preference is another obvious one.

What I am saying is that he is making these decisions for the long term. It has been a painful month or so and it may be a painful season compared to what we have been used to. When a team loses like we did against Bayern the recovery isn’t always easy, and it does take time, steps to getting there.

And overall I still think what got us back on the right track as a club was getting everyone on the same page, which we don’t have right now. We need to get there when we can. But this is pretty much 2 years of chickens coming home to roost by not moving out the players that needed to move, and that isn’t all on Poch. A new man comes, different style, will make changes anyway. No guarantee of anything like the same level of success we’ve had.

I don’t think he wants to go at all. To me, the decisions he makes are the ones of a man that is keeping a clear head amid the chaos and crisis, and not reacting to the short term. I maintain that he doesn’t bomb certain players out because he needs then at least for the next month or so, before probably making more of the changes he wants to make. And I think a lot of the people that have said he ‘has no tactics’ or is a ‘one trick pony’ are frankly providing laughable analysis.

Back