• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I dont think they are weary.....they know that Levy will deal when the price is right and they will get their targets. If anything they will be pretty relaxed about dealing with him

Exactly, it’s easy for them, we don’t play stupid games, we just get a fair price.

Madrid would be better off saving time...efforts and transfer funds by giving Guti the chance to manage.

There’s loads to sort out there with ageing players with massive egos. With squad rebuilding to be done with more funds available if they don’t pay a kings ransom for either Klopp or poch.

I think poch knows the time is not right and is solely focused on our pre season and what to do with our squad...

Ruddy well hope so because if poch and levy get it right we can try and move further ahead of the likes of arse and chels...who are in transition and a mess respectively.

So f Madrid...we need to contemplate the futures of returning loanees and players to move on and move swiftly on targets that our transfer comittee wants.

We really don’t need the distractions in a season that offers up fantastic opportunities for us.

I hope and I think Balague is right.

Just because you don’t like the message don’t blame the messenger. He is very much on the ball when comes to football in Spain.

Almost everything i have seen him say has not happened. Can you find me one piece of business that he has called first that has come true? Every other week he is in the media claiming he knows it all and has nothing to back it up with.

He managed Ledley brilliantly, really caring about that horrible knee condition, not over training him, giving him plenty of time off between games. Id love to hear what Ledley thinks of Redknapp the man

Redknapp had a crippled King, Modric grew after being trusted to play in centre midfield when everyone was saying he was too small and sleight for that position in the PL

Bale flying down the wing. .....wow what a period that was. Another player who needed an arm round the shoulder after a rough period of injuries and loss of form/confidence.

I just think of what could have been back then if we had a world class striker who guaranteed 30 goals a season. It's all we were missing. We and Poch are so lucky to have Harry Kane

And to think we turned down Luis Suarez! [emoji85]What a side that would have been.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Poch and Perez have been discussing him taking over this summer at Madrid for a few months, yet Poch then signs a new 5 yr contract with Spurs a few weeks ago, but now Poch wants Levy to let him leave.

Duncan Castles,

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Madrid would be better off saving time...efforts and transfer funds by giving Guti the chance to manage.

There’s loads to sort out there with ageing players with massive egos.
An ex player like Guti might be the worst to sort out that lot. He is probably friends with them

I re-read Poch's book this weekend. Notable that Mason and Kane (academy players) had to stand up to the old guard (Kaboul et al) and go face to face, toe to toe and call them out for not putting in the required effort in training. This helped Poch to find the right path and weed out the players that weren't giving it their all.

But it gave the impression that previous managers had not taken a tough stance, they had let the players get away with half-effort in training, and even Poch himself took great advantage of this assistance from the academy players. I assume he would have done something about it himself, but it really took some initiative from the kids to help this process.

At Real Madrid it must be 10 times worse if you want to 'face off' against the old guard

I re-read Poch's book this weekend. Notable that Mason and Kane (academy players) had to stand up to the old guard (Kaboul et al) and go face to face, toe to toe and call them out for not putting in the required effort in training. This helped Poch to find the right path and weed out the players that weren't giving it their all.

But it gave the impression that previous managers had not taken a tough stance, they had let the players get away with half-effort in training, and even Poch himself took great advantage of this assistance from the academy players. I assume he would have done something about it himself, but it really took some initiative from the kids to help this process.

At Real Madrid it must be 10 times worse if you want to 'face off' against the old guard

I think it proves what an utterly unique treasure Harry Kane is, and what a tremendous relationship he and Poch have. Kane is that rare combination of hard-working, talented, humble, gritty and a leader. I am personally still disgusted by the grief he got over "that goal claim" both from out of the game and within it. I will always believe that he needed another 2-3 weeks getting his fitness back, and I will always believe that Poch took the gamble of backing his man 100% and letting him play through it, even though we suffered a bit too until he clicked at the end of the season. It was the right thing to do, but rare is the manager who would've done it. These relationships are binding.

Last edited:
So pleased. I don’t know what to say. This is where it could have gone pear shaped.

Thanks Mauricio and Mr Levy. Next season will be a blast as we head into the new stadium together.

In the broader picture I wonder if we just had our Coming of age. Did our elegantly clumsy, hectored, Clark Kent of a club just enter the booth and emerge as a steel hardened super powerful entity -or have we just put our pants on outside our trousers?

It feels like the right time now.

COYS.

Back