• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

That Balague chats so much brick its unreal. Has he ever been correct about anything?

He has been talking about Poch going to Madrid for weeks and then when Poch pretty much says he is not going to Madrid Balague then comes out (on the same day) and says Madrid are no longer interested due to not wanting to negotiate with Levy. The guy is full of brick.

That Balague chats so much brick its unreal. Has he ever been correct about anything?

He has been talking about Poch going to Madrid for weeks and then when Poch pretty much says he is not going to Madrid Balague then comes out (on the same day) and says Madrid are no longer interested due to not wanting to negotiate with Levy. The guy is full of brick.

I missed him talking about Poch going to Madrid. Can you link to anything?

Ali Gold tweeting from Ballague that Real put the feelers out in the media deliberately to see the reaction, and to see if there was a clause. Clearly there wasn’t one, and clearly Poch wasn’t forcing it. Now the story has very quickly died down (although Marca are being quite cute with a ‘Poch has 5 days to decide’ story, bless them.

If we are to believe this sequence of events, I think it should show to everyone that Real don’t always get their own way. That Poch looks at the bigger picture, and that we were right to believe in the integrity of the man. He probably could have gone had he really wanted to force it, but he’s staying with us. This isn’t to say we are a bigger club than Madrid all of a sudden, but it is to say timing is everything, and some special people are clever and look at the big picture. Poch is one of those people.

The more I think about it, the more I’m super impressed with how Poch handled that presser. He didn’t talk himself down, so still maintains a strong personal brand (important for internal political capital to get concessions at Spurs as much as external) but even when the press really tried to lay it on him, with all of the ‘impossible to turn down’ line of questioning, he completely rose above it. He is a special person.

Considering he’s been with Poch promoting a book that they produced together, I think you can take the line Ballague takes here with a high degree of credibility. He’s Poch’s mouthpiece in this instance.

Give him a break he’s been doing a fantastic job getting Fulham up into the premier league, he’s been busy and can’t get everything right.

F36C9845-4FA5-463E-9028-C8AA8AAD4FA3.jpeg

67322060-22FE-4465-82CD-521849E48751.jpeg

Lmfaooooo...Duncan Castles reporting in The Times that Poch has asked Levy to let him go.

This must be so embarrassing for him. Unless Poch really had a massive change of heart in the hours since Ballague put out his story and decided to brief a journo without any links to us since the AVB days...

Poor Dunc.

Lmfaooooo...Duncan Castles reporting in The Times that Poch has asked Levy to let him go.

This must be so embarrassing for him. Unless Poch really had a massive change of heart in the hours since Ballague put out his story and decided to brief a journo without any links to us since the AVB days...

Poor Dunc.

Iirc Castles is a Chelski man. Not surprised he would write such drivel

I'll take it. I like the sound of Madrid backing off our manager because they're scared brickless of our chairman...

That didn’t stop them getting Bale and even worse Luka.
I really doubt they give tinkers about Danny boy, they don’t like he prices on his emails,is probably nearer the mark.

Just because you don’t like the message don’t blame the messenger. He is very much on the ball when comes to football in Spain.

Just because you don’t like the message don’t blame the messenger. He is very much on the ball when comes to football in Spain.

And on Poch. He wrote his biography, has known him since his playing days and has spent the last few days with Poch promoting the book in Spain. I think that we have to accept that he is probably the best placed journo to say what Poch's current thoughts are. I haven't seen anything from him "talking about Poch going to Madrid for weeks", if he has been doing that, I'm surprised that none of that made it to this thread.

January:

According to Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Balague, Real president Perez has identified Tottenham boss Pochettino as the primary candidate to replace Zidane, but doubts whether Madrid will be able to lure him away from Spurs.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-replace-zinedine-zidane-says-guillem-balague

That was interpreted by some outlets even more tabloid than Sky to mean he's definitely going.

March:

“Zidane – will he stay? We will see. He may find enough reasons to continue,” Balague said on his YouTube vlog.

“Of course Real Madrid looked around to see who’s available just in case Zidane left and they were not able to convince or even start conversations with some of them. Joachim Low, [Jurgen] Klopp, [Mauricio] Pochettino.

“They will stay where they are and Real Madrid will have to convince Zidane to keep on.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Zinedine-Zidane-replacement-Klopp-Pochettino

Balague just has this smug, know it all appearance. I can't take anything he says seriously.

That didn’t stop them getting Bale and even worse Luka.
I really doubt they give tinkers about Danny boy, they don’t like he prices on his emails,is probably nearer the mark.

It didn't stop them getting Bale or Luka, but it's quite possible that those experiences have made them wary of dealing with Levy. And why wouldn't they be?

It didn't stop them getting Bale or Luka, but it's quite possible that those experiences have made them wary of dealing with Levy. And why wouldn't they be?

I dont think they are weary.....they know that Levy will deal when the price is right and they will get their targets. If anything they will be pretty relaxed about dealing with him

Back