• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

I have not been impressed with him so far, will obviously give him time to settle and adapt to the system but Aurier is first choice at the moment for me and i am not sure that is a good thing?
Doherty is a very good player and has had a fairly good start with us. He's been much better than Aurier was at this time last year for example. Much better than tail end Trippier.

If Aurier is now doing even better than that that's a big positive. I think it's early to compare the two. For me so far it's close, and that's a good thing.

Doherty is a very good player and has had a fairly good start with us. He's been much better than Aurier was at this time last year for example. Much better than tail end Trippier.

If Aurier is now doing even better than that that's a big positive. I think it's early to compare the two. For me so far it's close, and that's a good thing.

My thoughts as well, never thought Aurier was as bad as s ome fans have made out and having Doherty here has made him step up with the competition. Far too EARLY imo to judge how good Doherty is but its something that s ome fans do if players fail to be MOM in their first games.

Last edited:
I think Ali G mentioned in his YT video that he is yet to do pre-season. That may explain the performance. That said Aurier vs. Doherty - good thing is competition and the effect on people.

I'd isolate him from the squad when he comes back.
Two of his Irish teammates have tested positive.
They were all on a plane together on Thursday night. One tested positive on Saturday the other Sunday night.

I'm surprised at that; airplane air always stinks, and that is when you are sat inside it. To an outsider it must absolutely REEEEEK when they pop open that door.

I still don't understand why they can't eke in some fresh air from outside... it must be soooo easy to get fresh air, but they recycle stale air, please edumacate me.

I still don't understand why they can't eke in some fresh air from outside... it must be soooo easy to get fresh air, but they recycle stale air, please edumacate me.
Because the air outside is -50 degrees! It would take an enormous amount of energy just to get it up to normal temperature. It would require a whole host of systems that would take up precious space, and add a lot of unwanted weight.

Because the air outside is -50 degrees! It would take an enormous amount of energy just to get it up to normal temperature. It would require a whole host of systems that would take up precious space, and add a lot of unwanted weight.
Engines are hot. Air is not frozen. Run the chaffinch alongside the rimblegartner and it's easy.

Engines are hot. Air is not frozen. Run the chaffinch alongside the rimblegartner and it's easy.
Yes, the engines are hot, but you'd still need lots of bits and parts to distribute that air, which would take up space that isn't there (there's next to no space not already used in an airplane) and most importantly, weight. Weight saving is the most important.
Also, the air at the altitude where commercial aircrafts operate, contains very little oxygen, so you'd basically end up suffocating people. I don't know what's worse, smelly air or death....

Yes, the engines are hot, but you'd still need lots of bits and parts to distribute that air, which would take up space that isn't there (there's next to no space not already used in an airplane) and most importantly, weight. Weight saving is the most important.

A diagonal steam trap would sort that out.

Also, the air at the altitude where commercial aircrafts operate, contains very little oxygen, so you'd basically end up suffocating people. I don't know what's worse, smelly air or death....
Ah yes, oxygen, that old chestnut. That is a good point. But not coldness. They still have fridges and aircon on planes. They could let the cold, oxygen depleted air seep up from the hold to envelop the cabin.
Only the strong survive. #Darwinism

I'm surprised at that; airplane air always stinks, and that is when you are sat inside it. To an outsider it must absolutely REEEEEK when they pop open that door.

From what I understand, the HEPA filters are excellent at removing viral particles from the air but charcoal filters are required to remove odours (I purchased a HEPA air purifier for my home years ago, the replacement filters can come with or without charcoal layer and the difference is noticeable when bedroom windows are closed overnight during winter months) which airlines mustn’t bother with.

Back