• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

Not really arsed about the Spurs / Arsenal banter, would rather he focuses on looking just a tad more assured on the field.

Guess we'll find out if he needs the back three in place to look at his best. I certainly hope not, he has looked a bit isolated and in need of a hand from Moussa so far but it's early days.

He hasn't really shown for the hype yet. And as mentioned it may well be adjustment to a back 4 but in possession with Davies that's precisely what we are currently. Maybe if we have a back 3 today and the new LB starts he will flourish against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I hope so.

I think he's been okay so far. More dependable than Aurier. Nothing spectacular but nothing idiotic either.

I'm not cussing him out yet but he hasn't shone in a team that has looked pretty ordinary around him for large spells so far. You're right though it's not been atrocious but my concern is the benefits of his game aren't suited unless we have Davies going back to CB for a back three when we're in possession. Which I'm not against as such it's just how we want to play...

In an ideal world an experienced pro in the league signing will hit the ground running but it's not always seamless and lets face it an odd time with no fans et al. Hope he gets the nod today and puts a solid performance in!

Aurier has been good since he signed, good for players to know there is a bit of competition, not that we are doing anything more than rotating for fitness at the minute.

Regardless about the missed penalty I thought he was really poor tonight. A lot of dodgy moments defensively. Didn't really do much going forward.

Enda Stevens on the other side was much better.

I have not been impressed with him so far, will obviously give him time to settle and adapt to the system but Aurier is first choice at the moment for me and i am not sure that is a good thing?

Back