• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

Sessegnon played a season on the right wing for Fulham

So an entirely different position then? Great!

A damn shame if Doc is out long term. It’s interesting he tried to play through the injury if it turns out to be a serious one, shows character but unfortunately may have been misplaced bravery.

Conte has said kulu can play rwb. So sess, moura or bergwijn could play rwf.

https://football-italia.net/conte-ready-to-transform-kulusevski-into-a-wing-back-at-tottenham/

Anyone could play theoretically play at RWB but it’s about who can do it effectively with minimal disruption to the team’s shape.

To see Kulu moved out of the front three and Sess (or Moura / Stevey B who I hadn’t mentioned but thanks for describing where they can play) put in would be an interesting move.

Anyone could play theoretically play at RWB but it’s about who can do it effectively with minimal disruption to the team’s shape.

To see Kulu moved out of the front three and Sess (or Moura / Stevey B who I hadn’t mentioned but thanks for describing where they can play) put in would be an interesting move.

Yes anyone theoretically can play rwb. But our manager hasn't talked about other players playing there. He's talked about kulusevski playing there. So if anything happens to emerson, i'd think that is the most likely possibility.

Yes anyone theoretically can play rwb. But our manager hasn't talked about other players playing there. He's talked about kulusevski playing there. So if anything happens to emerson, i'd think that is the most likely possibility.

Okay...?

0_GettyImages-1390538717.jpg

from this angle it looked more malicious - some commentators have referred this as a "scissors tackle" with career ending potential.
can't the club make more a formal complaint? at least it would highlight the poor officiating.

Blatant, deliberate attempt to cause physical harm. That AV man had one thing on his mind and it wasn't to play the ball.

This is entirely Gerrard's doing. Probably looked at Spurs as the cliche 'southern softies', as Merseysiders often do when they speak of football with their feral children in communal talks around rubbish bin fires or open sewage pits.

Blatant, deliberate attempt to cause physical harm. That AV man had one thing on his mind and it wasn't to play the ball.

This is entirely Gerrard's doing. Probably looked at Spurs as the cliche 'southern softies', as Merseysiders often do when they speak of football with their feral children in communal talks around rubbish bin fires or open sewage pits.

I agree he wanted to leave a mark on Matt. It was wreckless IMO. The ref should've taken serious action.

And the thing is, even if they give Cash a suspension, it doesn't do us the least bit of good. But a retroactive red card based on video review wouldn't be out of place here.

I agree he wanted to leave a mark on Matt. It was wreckless IMO. The ref should've taken serious action.
That ref was pretty disgraceful they way he let Villa clatter into our players. There were at least three yellow card challenges alone in the first half that went unpunished (on Doherty, Reggie and Romero) and it continued to that Ashley Young hack on Kane at 4-0. I would hope the club put up some sort of complaint supported by video - about what is and isn't allowed. If that sort of 90's play is back, then game on for the league.

At least we can look forward to a summer where the squad can be really fine tuned for Conte and his system.

At the moment the squad effectively has 1.5 rwb’s, 1 left sided centre back, needs another top quality central midfielder and also missed Skipp for basically half a season. All this should be addressed in the summer so when brick like this happens we can cope with little fears.

It’s a shame for him more than anything as he had come into some nice form. But let’s not forget we scored three of our four goals once he had gone off, if we was to have a season ending injury for one of our first team players I’d take Doherty being the one (although obviously rather it didn’t happen at all)….

Back