• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

I think this analysis is a little unfair on Royal as he is being lumoed in with everyone else. He isn't unpredictable in possession, he's quite safe and plays fairly safe passes. His crossing is crap yes, but to call him unpredictable is a bit unfair.

Would Royal do as Doherty be with Romero behind him and Kulu in front remains to be seen. WB is a very specific role, but Royal was never the possession issue when he was starting, that was always Moura and whoever played instead of Romero (often Sanchez).

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
You saw it today
Royal really didn’t know whether to go or stay and first half was behind Romero
He also didn’t know how to deal with saint maxim

You saw it today
Royal really didn’t know whether to go or stay and first half was behind Romero
He also didn’t know how to deal with saint maxim
I don't think hes as good at WB as Doherty. I was just responding to the claim he was unpredictable in possession, which as I said I think is quite harsh. He for the most part just plays safe passes and poor crosses. Unpredictable in possession isn't how I would describe him. Unambitious, sure, but not unpredictable.

Burn is a bit agricultural

Some Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan was saying how he should be starting for England based on recent form but today he looked shocking. Proper big, slow, old school centre back. Also should've had a 2nd yellow for that barge behind the refs back late in the game.

Was dreading Doherty at LWB today but he done alright. Fingers crossed we have Reggie and Sessegnon back soon to keep everyone on their toes!

I don't think hes as good at WB as Doherty. I was just responding to the claim he was unpredictable in possession, which as I said I think is quite harsh. He for the most part just plays safe passes and poor crosses. Unpredictable in possession isn't how I would describe him. Unambitious, sure, but not unpredictable.
Yeah I’d agree

Brilliant second half particularly. Thought Bentancur was magnificent first half when we needed him to be. As the game opened up, others came into it. Romero was a colossus. Davies is playing his best football for us. Son and Kulu very good. Thought Kane wasn’t really on it today. Stunned he got MOTM. That’s an award based on reputation. Very few of his passes came off.

My daughters first game. Brought her to the toilet before hand to ensure no interruptions. 35 mins in and 0-0…”daddy, I need the toilet.”

“Wait until half time.”

“I really need to go or I’ll pee myself.”

No sooner are we down the steps than Saudi Sportswashing Machine score. No sooner is she out the toilet and we equalise…

I also claim the Nostradamus award for telling the lad beside me that Conte was fudging up playing Emerson because not only was he brick at wing back but by playing Doherty left wing back, we lost him too as he has no left foot. No sooner were the words out my mouth than Doherty scores. And then he fudging assists Emerson minutes later.

All in all, a great day and performance. Must dig a Crystal Palace scarf out for the next 24 hours.

I think this analysis is a little unfair on Royal as he is being lumoed in with everyone else. He isn't unpredictable in possession, he's quite safe and plays fairly safe passes. His crossing is crap yes, but to call him unpredictable is a bit unfair.

Would Royal do as Doherty be with Romero behind him and Kulu in front remains to be seen. WB is a very specific role, but Royal was never the possession issue when he was starting, that was always Moura and whoever played instead of Romero (often Sanchez).

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Ok maybe unpredictable is the wrong word, but he under cooks simple passes and doesn’t play first time passes particularly well. This makes it difficult for other plays to make runs off him. Be delighted to be proven wrong of course but I just don’t see any redeeming qualities and he’s one if a batch of players we have who I just don’t think are technically good enough for a team that wants to dominate the ball.

I know alot of people have their doubts on here about it but i rate him going forward and didn't really put a foot wrong defensively either.

I know alot of people have their doubts on here about it but i rate him going forward and didn't really put a foot wrong defensively either.
It was his strength at wolves
He scored vs us playing like it
Our record with his at RWB is excellent
Not so at RB

Back