• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

Sorry if already shared, but I found this graphic interesting:

skysports-matt-doherty-wolves_5060884.png

Confirms what's already been discussed about him getting him into the box when he's in the final third, more than he keeps his width. But also shows that he keeps his width more when in the middle third.

Agree with what others have said that he might work well with Moura or Bergwijn on the right of midfield, interchanging who stays wide and who comes inside in the final third.

Saying that, I still think we lack more of a passer in the front 3-4, but am intrigued to see how things will work out in Jose's wonky 4-2-3-1 with this guy now on board.

Sorry if already shared, but I found this graphic interesting:

skysports-matt-doherty-wolves_5060884.png

Confirms what's already been discussed about him getting him into the box when he's in the final third, more than he keeps his width. But also shows that he keeps his width more when in the middle third.

Agree with what others have said that he might work well with Moura or Bergwijn on the right of midfield, interchanging who stays wide and who comes inside in the final third.

Saying that, I still think we lack more of a passer in the front 3-4, but am intrigued to see how things will work out in Jose's wonky 4-2-3-1 with this guy now on board.

Bergwijn looks a better fit to me, Moura's instinct isn't to stay wide.

I'm interested to see if Doherty ghosts in at the far post. I think that we have tended to lack bodies in the box for second balls over the last year or so. A fullback making late runs to the far post could be very difficult to pick up.

Bergwijn looks a better fit to me, Moura's instinct isn't to stay wide.

I'm interested to see if Doherty ghosts in at the far post. I think that we have tended to lack bodies in the box for second balls over the last year or so. A fullback making late runs to the far post could be very difficult to pick up.
I think him and Moura could form a very good partnership actually. Taking turns going wide and coming inside, could be difficult to defend against.

Assuming Doherty doesn't want to come inside every time.

He's almost an auxiliary striker. Ghosting into the box to get goals.

Some (maybe interesting) questions:

• Does this signing mean we will be playing 3 at the back with a sitting LB (Davies)?
  • Could Mourinho flip the setup with say Tanganga playing as a sitting RB and Sessegnon playing the attacking full-back role? Thing is this system also means the player ahead tucks in adding an extra man in the center. So flipping the setup means coordinating the movement of whoever is playing left attacking wing.
  • Could Aurier stick around? If no one is paying up, could Doherty rotate/compete with Aurier? Wing-back in this system is one of the most demanding roles in a team. You have to get forward and be an attacker when in possession, but sprint back and defend when possession is lost.

Very happy with this signing, not the sort you text your mates in excitement about but a solid reliable signing with lots of PL experience to fill what's been a problem position.

The original tweet makes no sense?

Adviser to Wolves and stake holder yet sells potentially a great asset to them?

More that the club believe he has reached his transfer fee peak and they can find another continental bargain as they do (thats the word in Wolves land)
Wolves have an interest in Mendes' business, not the other way around.

The original tweet makes no sense?

Adviser to Wolves and stake holder yet sells potentially a great asset to them?

More that the club believe he has reached his transfer fee peak and they can find another continental bargain as they do (thats the word in Wolves land)

He's getting a huge cut.

The question I'm asking is the reason the fee was so low because there was a 10% sell on fee to Doherty's last club. Reduce the fee. Hide 10 or 20 million in Mendes accounts somewhere and Spurs and Wolves potentially profit.

It has a level of Redknapp Chimbonda type murkiness to it.

He's getting a huge cut.

The question I'm asking is the reason the fee was so low because there was a 10% sell on fee to Doherty's last club. Reduce the fee. Hide 10 or 20 million in Mendes accounts somewhere and Spurs and Wolves potentially profit.

That would be very risky, with no way of explanation if it was found out. Sounds like a transfer ban at least waiting to happen.

To me the more likely explanation is that Doherty and Mendes wanted the move and Mendes has a lot of power at Wolves. Mendes has helped Wolves a lot in their success, but there's always a downside.

He's getting a huge cut.

CSI Edmonton Green there

He has been busted before there is no chance he would risk that

Always prefer us to sign more established players. But I guess anyone will be better than Aurier in his position now. Didn't follow much of him but hope Matt Doherty will be a good signing for us. He reminds me of Gary Doherty, the defender who played as a striker for us in the early 2000s. Mind you, Gary Doherty scored against Arsenal in the 2001 FA Cup semi final. Gary scored 4 goals in 64 matches for us. Will Matt score more than Gary for us ?

I don't know why I was excited with this transfer, maybe because our signings are starting to make sense again.

but my head says he's not going to be a significant upgrade, perhaps trading consistency for less attacking flair or whatever Aurier does there.

Or maybe its my old spurs fan self protection instincts kicking in....

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Always prefer us to sign more established players. But I guess anyone will be better than Aurier in his position now. Didn't follow much of him but hope Matt Doherty will be a good signing for us. He reminds me of Gary Doherty, the defender who played as a striker for us in the early 2000s. Mind you, Gary Doherty scored against Arsenal in the 2001 FA Cup semi final. Gary scored 4 goals in 64 matches for us. Will Matt score more than Gary for us ?
I’d like levy to buy a time machine and buy the Kyle walker of five years ago. But his name is walker and yet he runs really fast. Which is confusing. I hope he sounds like Murray walker. The man who used to commentate on car racing. Cars are fast. And so is Kyle walker. Even though walkers aren’t as fast as runners. Maybe there is a right back called Clive Runner-Scorer? Or Bill Any Team News Yet.

Signing William Anyteamnewsyet (get his name right FFS, it's like Erickssson all over again), would cause a fatal error in the core procedures and should not be encouraged.

Back